Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 14:05   #16
BHPian

re: Bad Experience @ 3M Car Care Indiranagar, 100 ft. Road, Bangalore

i have received few messages and phone calls from Mr. Ashwin mentioning that they will re-do the work. However because of my busy schedule i did not get time to visit them. Will visit and see how they perform. Will post my experiences
Old 9th January 2013, 14:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

I was really happy to see this place come up as it is not too far from home. The only purpose for me to go here would be the foam wash and if they don't have this basic service, I don't see how the rest of the work can be done. How do you polish a dirty car without washing away the dirt first.

The 3M facility in UB City does not have foam wash too. You don't even need to ask them. One look at the place is enough to tell you that they can't wash a car there. They do a Steam Wash though which is quite effective but not as good as a water spray wash.
Old 6th February 2013, 16:18   #18
BHPian

I had wanted to go and get exterior treatment done for my A-Star since this is a close location for me. Now am not so sure after reading the reviews, but all other 3M Outlets (HSR, RMV, Marathahalli) are a bit too far. Still, gave them a call today and these are the quotes they gave:

1. UV Treatment: ₹ 895 + tax
Will Consist of: Foam Wash + Wax + Interior Vacuum

2. Power Shine: ₹ 2,790 + tax
Did not enquire much, but they said they will remove scratches / swirls and do a polish + wax which should last 5-6 months. In addition, a wash + interior cleaning was part of the package

3. Paint Sealant; ₹ 3,690 + tax
The most comprehensive package. Difference with Power Shine they said was a major reduction in scratches / swirls and a was + polish which will make my car 'feel like new'and should last 12-15 months

My questions are:
A. My car is 5 months old, but some kid put a deep scratch in my left door . Should I bother going in for either the Power Shine or Paint Sealant treatments (they appear a bit expensive). I thought of only going in for a Baisc UV treatment (I think I can live with that scratch).

B. Do I really need to go to HSR 3M, as I can only spare Sunday and I heard it gets really crowded (Since Indiranagar 3M is nearby, I can go home - only 10 mins walk)

I also request the moderators to move this thread to Team-BHP Directory: Bangalore Section of the forum.
Old 6th February 2013, 17:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post

B. Do I really need to go to HSR 3M, as I can only spare Sunday and I heard it gets really crowded (Since Indiranagar 3M is nearby, I can go home - only 10 mins walk)

I also request the moderators to move this thread to Team-BHP Directory: Bangalore Section of the forum.
There is a seperate thread on 3M HSR and you can refer it below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

Give Sidhu a call, hes a nice person to interact with and your visit should be worth the distance travelled !
Old 6th February 2013, 18:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi, I have found that independent garages can get similar treatment for your car that 3M guys can give. Of course 3M shop is fancy. I have tried both. But for old cars, i will take the cheap route and go to those independent mechs. In our conditions the shine is not going to last anyway.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 19:55   #21
BHPian

I don't think you will get any specific advantage by going to HSR. Indira Nagar guys are also responsive. I recently had washing done there and had good experience. They usually don't do washing but I had sealent treatment done from HSR so they didn't ask me otherwise and that is a good deed in my opinion.

If you are just going for that scratch then please ask them beforehand whether they will be able to take it out because all scratches can't be taken out by compound or polish.

HTH

-Ijeet
Old 27th February 2013, 09:27   #22
BHPian

After a long time i was able to go back to Indiranagar store and Mr. Ashwin had been calling me offering to do the job again to my satisfaction.

The same UV protection treatment was done and this time the work was definitely satisfactory and the car was also delivered within the promised time.

I am sure Mr. Ashwin and team has now come up to speed and recommend 3M Indiranagar to anyone staying this part of the city.
Old 4th March 2013, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Not Satisfactory!

Took my car to the Indiranagar 3M CarCare outlet. Asked for the regular UV treatment as they call it. Essentially Wash & Wax (hand) polish the exterior. Vacuum and (wipe) clean the interior.

Time / Punctuality : Was late, well beyond promised time, but I will not harp on this. Did not matter on that day.

Workmanship:
  • Exterior wash and polish was Good.
  • Interior - BAD job.
    • Claimed to have vacuumed and cleaned interior.
    • I showed dust and leftovers from a Veggie shopping trip still on the seat and floor.
    • Door panels were not wiped/cleaned - dust was all over the panels.
  • I promptly pointed all this out.
  • They started all over again - Vacuum, cleaning, started cleaning the front grill which was visibly dusty. Then, after all was done, finally inspection by the chappie in charge. This time it was a job done well.
  • Conclusion : The first time (it seems to me..) they tried to cut corners - hardly did any interior cleaning. After my negative feedback they actually did a good job.
  • The service is not cheap - One would have left satisfied if the job was done right the first time. More efforts were visible in upselling products than ensuring the shopfloor is doing the job right.
= 4/10

The RMV 3M had better supervision of the shop floor.

Last edited by CLIX : 4th March 2013 at 11:15.
Old 4th March 2013, 11:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
More efforts were visible in upselling products than ensuring the shopfloor is doing the job right.[/list]= 4/10

The RMV 3M had better supervision of the shop floor.
You are bang on here. I was thrilled to see the 3M outlet at IndiraNagar and went to check the products available.
As a walk in enquiry expected them to approach me and explain the products which were available but I could realise this was at the cost of the customers who were getting their work done. The moment the chap realised that I have come to enquire and would bring my car again for the actual work, he started scouting for the next walk in.

Also realised that the staff was competent only to show some video of the product on a I PAD and drew blank when detailed questions were asked.

Took my car to Siddhu on the coming sunday, got a oppurtunity to have breakfast with him, in turn one of the most pleasurable experience. Also each and every customer was getting siddhu's personal attention.

My Big thumbs up to the HSR outlet.
PC77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 21:26   #25
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience @ 3M Car Care Indiranagar, 100 ft. Road, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Hi all,

I did not read this post until I visited 3M guys at 100ft Indiranagar last Thursday. Since I live in C V Raman Nagar, was very happy to see this place coming up. My expectations were same as what is being offered at HRS layout 3M.

I was a walk-in customer and had not booked prior appointment. As soon as I entered and requested for a foam wash (costing ~450 Rupees), the guy started saying they do not offer that service and I need to go with Power shine which costs ~900 plus taxes.
completely agree that these guys in Indiranagar completely suck at the service. They are just constantly trying to push you into buying the "better" ones and just over charging. The owner who sits there seems pretty removed from the business...looks like just another money spinner for him.

there was small scratch after the wash and i was just too tired to make any fuss and quietly moved out...any other experiences with this centre in 100f t road?
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:34   #26
BHPian

I've fortunter and they are quoting 2890 + tax for interior detailing and 5890 + tax for exterior detailing. Is this right and worth to go ahead?
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I've fortunter and they are quoting 2890 + tax for interior detailing and 5890 + tax for exterior detailing. Is this right and worth to go ahead?
With the above reviews (mostly negative), better to avoid them and visit the HSR or RMV outlet.
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know which part of Bangalore you are put up, but I would suggest you visit the HSR store and believe me, you will spend a lot more time than you anticipated and every minute would be worth spending there, along with best inclass service.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:02   #29
BHPian

If there is not much difference between this and HSR one, thought of doing here itself as I stay in CV Raman nagar.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If there is not much difference between this and HSR one, thought of doing here itself as I stay in CV Raman nagar.

There IS , the way the customers and cars are treated there . You can blindly leave your car and can believe that it would be taken care at the best level at HSR one .
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks