Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 21:21   #1
BHPian

Bad Experience @ 3M Car Care Indiranagar, 100 ft. Road, Bangalore

I went to the Indiranagar center today around 1PM. I wanted to have the body foam wash but they informed they don't have one. Surprise! I have heard tbhpians getting their rides a foam wash for around 400INR from 3M. Am i wrong?

Anyways, i had a very dirty car and i said i will go for the UV protection (INR 895 + taxes). Shampoo Wash + Wax + Wheel Cleaning and dressing and engine degreasing and cleaning and promised a delivery time of 6:30PM. I also opted to the under body protection for 3800INR with 5 year warranty. They made the job card and i left the car and went ahead with my chores.

I went in at 5PM and see that they have not even started any work. My car was still parked in the main road same spot i left it. I was a bit irritated but thought about going on with the work. Job started by 6 and the car was delivered at 7:20PM.

My opinion and observations:
1. They forgot to dress tyres
2. There were 2 bug marks in the front bumper - they are still there
3. Alloys are still dirty
4. There are water marks in ALL glasses including the side and rear view mirrors.
5. Have doubts how good or bad they have done the underbody protection.

Services Offered
1. Interior/Exterior Detailing
2. Under Chassis protection
3. Paint Protection
4. Swirl mark removal,
5. Glass Filming / Tinting
6. Retail sales of meguiars products

What I like:
Only 3M products used.
Open on all days of week

What I don't like about them:
The owners (2 guys) were a wee bit busy explaining services to people walking in, rather than attending the current customers. During my 4 hour stay in the center, i never noticed them go near any of the cars, leave alone mine. I feel the car detailing business should be run by people who are passionate about cars and not for just business, but that is my thought.
No personal involvement from owners, neither they oversee the job.
I think if they are overbooked, they should be honest and say that they would not be able to make it, rather than do a half cooked job and have a unhappy customer.

My Rating: 4/10
Will i visit it again: No
Will i recommend: Yes, if you can haggle for these things, but when i am paying the big bucks, i expect big service quality. I get tired of fighting for my rights everywhere.

Speciality / USP:
4 cars can be detailed (only 1 lift fork)
Special dust free section for fitting the sun control films.
No try to upsell products
Comfortable Customer lounge flat screen TV!

Contact Information
Mr Ashwin (Store Owner)
Ph- 08040908936
Address
3M Care Care
#850/1, 100 Feet Road.
Indiranagar, Bangalore -560038

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 24th October 2012 at 21:25.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 22:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing: 3M Car Care (100 ft. Road, Indiranagar)

A bad start off i must say. Hopefully they will improve over a couple of weeks and provide service that pleases the customer. Sidhu of HSR 3M has set a high standard of customer service which would be difficult for others to match!

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2012 at 18:22. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 24th October 2012, 22:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
What I don't like about them:
The owners (2 guys) were a wee bit busy explaining services to people walking in, rather than attending the current customers. During my 4 hour stay in the center, i never noticed them go near any of the cars, leave alone mine. I feel the car detailing business should be run by people who are passionate about cars and not for just business, but that is my thought.
No personal involvement from owners, neither they oversee the job.
Not good for the 3M brand if this is how a centre treats their customers. Is this is a new showroom? Have never seen a 3M car care center in 100ft Rd, Indiranagar.

I agree with you Hyper VTEC. I'm not trying to promote anyone here but in reference to your point, I am in agreement because whenever I've been to the 3M car care center in HSR layout, I always see its owner Sidhu outside speaking with customers, speaking to his boys, personally over-seeing the job inside the showroom [where the detailing happens] and also the basement [where the cleaning work happens].

He has a small office space inside the showroom but I have yet to see the owner inside there, when customers are around. You've got to be passionate about your business to see it succeed and win customers. Thats what I see the HSR team doing.

And yes, they very much do have foam wash as part of their services. Price [of 295 or 395 rupees] depends on the size/class of hatchback/car].

Last edited by k_ajay : 24th October 2012 at 22:31. Reason: Adding a response to the opening query in the 1st post.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 23:34   #4
MAS
Senior - BHPian

That is a bad start. I'm not sure how effective the underbody coating is. When i did the underbody coating for my car, they had washed the underbody and left it to dry for 2 hours before the coating was sprayed.

3M in Chennai, Nungambakkam, does a fabulous job and the owner (Mr Dushy) and his team do a personal check while the job is being done and after it is completed.

You are absolutely right in saying that such business should be opened by guys who are crazy/passionate about cars. If not, such a business would only earn a number of unsatisfied customers.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 18:21   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Bad Experience @ 3M Car Care Indiranagar, 100 ft. Road, Bangalore

Thanks for sharing your experience! The Team-BHP Directory is only for those service providers who a BHPian "highly recommends". Since your experience is anything but a recommendation, I've moved it out of the Directory.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 18:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather surprising to hear this- the 3M centres in Pune are quite fantastic, from first-hand experience at two of them (Baner-Pashan link road and opp. Phoenix Market City). I have got both my cars cleaned in and out at one point or the other. Only reason I hesitate to make it a regular occurence is that the price tag is rather high (it costs about 6-7K for a thorough job).

Bit of a pity, though- Indiranagar being a posh area with a lot of nice cars, they would have done themselves a load of good by making a good first impression. Watermarks on the windows etc. are unforgiveable: you should have refused to take delivery till they rectified this.
Old 25th October 2012, 18:39   #7
BHPian

3M on 100 ft road? where is this, I have never seen one! Can you please provide the exact location?

I am contemplating to go for a 3M service, any idea if the one on the Marathahalli main road is any good?

Last edited by vinair : 25th October 2012 at 18:43.
Old 25th October 2012, 19:07   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
A bad start off i must say. Hopefully they will improve over a couple of weeks and provide service that pleases the customer. Sidhu of HSR 3M has set a high standard of customer service which would be difficult for others to match!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

I agree with you Hyper VTEC. I'm not trying to promote anyone here but in reference to your point, I am in agreement because whenever I've been to the 3M car care center in HSR layout, I always see its owner Sidhu outside speaking with customers, speaking to his boys, personally over-seeing the job inside the showroom [where the detailing happens] and also the basement [where the cleaning work happens].

He has a small office space inside the showroom but I have yet to see the owner inside there, when customers are around. You've got to be passionate about your business to see it succeed and win customers. Thats what I see the HSR team doing.
Completely agree here. The HSR team is fantastic to on the services offered there. Sidhu, Pradeep, Niranjan and the team are very professional and passionate about what they do.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2012 at 21:45. Reason: Please do NOT unnecessarily bring Fiat to completely unrelated threads!
Old 25th October 2012, 19:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
3M on 100 ft road? where is this, I have never seen one! Can you please provide the exact location?

I am contemplating to go for a 3M service, any idea if the one on the Marathahalli main road is any good?
I would suggest the HSR layout one and I am not trying to promote it but from my experience since their services are on the higher side, its better off doing from a place which ensures satisfaction.
Old 25th October 2012, 21:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post

Closer to Old-Madras Road : 100feet Road junction, and before the Post-Office.

If you are driving from Indiranagar/ CMH Road side, after Domino's, look to your right.
MuraliR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:20   #11

I would like to share my experience with the 3M car care at RMV Extn. I got my Ford IKON (2001 Model) painted six months back from a paint shop at Kodigehalli but was not very happy with the shine.

I visited 3M care care at RMV Extn and spoke to Amit (Owner) and he suggested the clean, foamwash,powershine and UV protect.I also opted for the under chassis anti rust treatment (5 years warranty). They also showed me a sample by polishing a part of the hood to show the difference how the car would look after the polish.

I dropped the car on 21st Oct at 11.30 AM and recieved a call at 6.30 PM to collect the car. The quality of work and the attitude towards customer is worth appreciating on this forum. More details on this 3M center can also be found at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/105616-3m-car-care-rmv-2nd-stage-bangalore.html

I had to go out of Bangalore for three days and as usual covered the car (I need to park the car outside as no parking available at my home) and upon my return on Oct 26th I noticed that the cover was torn at various places and to my horror found numerous scratch marks on the hood (came to know from my neighbour that a pack of 8 dogs had done this during the night) , top and boot due to the rubbing effect of the cover against the body.

I went back to 3M care at RMV extn and showed this to Amit and he promised to fix to the best of their ability and they did, they polished and waxed the entire car again removing all the scratches and he did not charge me a rupee. I insisted on paying but he said " he is fine " with a big smile. As I mentioned earlier that the folks at this 3M center are extremly friendly, professional and great quality of work.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Experience @ 3M Car Care Indiranagar, 100 ft. Road, Bangalore-img_0016.jpg  

Attached Images

nitmut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 22:09   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Job started by 6 and the car was delivered at 7:20PM.
I don't understand this. Why would someone not work on the car all day (1st problem) and on complaining start off the work right when the workers are suppose to leave (2nd problem)?

Personally speaking, i don't like people who miss out on ETA's and not even have the courtesy to inform the customer. Not acceptable in 2012 at least. Indian customer service still has a long way to go.

Now, another owner also reported a great service done by the same agency which clearly means that its the "management of work" that matters.

PEACE.

EDIT: The another owner got the svc done from another center. Please ignore my comments in the line above.

Last edited by quadra : 26th October 2012 at 22:34.
Old 27th October 2012, 19:31   #13
BHPian

hyper-VTEC,
Thanks for sharing the experience.
I hope the owners take note of this and take immediate corrective action.

Have been to 3M Sanjay Nagar couple of times. Always got awesome service. Looks like 3M Indiranagar guys have a long way to go.
Old 27th October 2012, 23:32   #14
BHPian

Yes, they definitely have a long way to go. I tried to save 300inr worth of fuel (by not visiting HSR 3M), But lost almost 4.5k of my hard earned money. Another lesson learned is never take delivery of a detailing job after evening. Sunlight is essential to bring out the ugly things

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 27th October 2012 at 23:35.
Old 5th December 2012, 17:46   #15
BHPian

Hi all,

I did not read this post until I visited 3M guys at 100ft Indiranagar last Thursday. Since I live in C V Raman Nagar, was very happy to see this place coming up. My expectations were same as what is being offered at HRS layout 3M.

I was a walk-in customer and had not booked prior appointment. As soon as I entered and requested for a foam wash (costing ~450 Rupees), the guy started saying they do not offer that service and I need to go with Power shine which costs ~900 plus taxes.
When I insisted the same is offered at HRS outlet and on weekdays, he called the supervisor Mr. Gurucharan who is the owner. After a while, Gurucharan agreed to do the job.

Job went smooth under Gurucharan's supervision and meanwhile Naveen who was looking after my car mentioned about this review. He felt sorry for whatever happend as it was their initial days.

Gurucharan also suggested me to take up packages for a year or so, for which I replied "next time".

Overall satisfactory experiance, these guys are trying to do their best and might take few more weeks / months until they are fully functional.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks