Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 15:44   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvilas View Post
...and also instruct to remove the plastic after washing and before cranking the engine.
And repeatly they have failed to do it. Therefore, the conical filter now looks as if it has been squeezed.

I want to replace the damaged filter element, but I am simply unable to procure it. Apparently even the distributor in Bangalore doesn't have this filter stocked any more. How can I get a new filter to replace the damaged one?
Old 23rd October 2009, 23:31   #62
Team-BHP Support

This week I was able to get the universal conical filter I wanted just an hour after I told Thouqeer (Auto Fusion) about my predictament. That too at 9PM.

Today when I was installing the filter, I noticed it said "Oil before use". I don't remember it being oiled when I installed it first. It did have traces of oil on it, but do I have to oil a brand new K&N filter?

I went ahead and installed it anyway, but I am still puzzled.
Old 24th October 2009, 00:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
T Today when I was installing the filter, I noticed it said "Oil before use". I don't remember it being oiled when I installed it first. It did have traces of oil on it, but do I have to oil a brand new K&N filter?

I went ahead and installed it anyway, but I am still puzzled.
sharath the K&N during the 1st install doesnt need oil. Post 6k kms once you clean it, its advisable to apply oil on it. The oil is a part of the K&N cleaning kit which is about 950 bucks or so.The instructions are pretty straight forward in the manual.
Once the cleaning is done, AFAIK the oil is applied to soak up dust and nothing else. Get a cleaning kit of yourself from bangy.
Now to answer your query

Quote:
It did have traces of oil on it, but do I have to oil a brand new K&N filter?
You actually don't need to. When I installed the conical filter first it wasn't oiled
Old 17th June 2010, 13:08   #64
BHPian

Can I fix a K&N extreme filter on my fiesta 1.4 petrol model. Is this possible and would there be any gain in performance???
Old 17th June 2010, 15:52   #65
Team-BHP Support

Samurai,

You got the K&N installed at OZZ ONE in Indiranagar, near the bus depot? I live practically next to that place!

I must consider installing a K&N as well but I wonder if it's worthwhile. After all, the gain is mostly psychological. You see, my Santro's tyres are balding and I think it would be a better idea to invest in a nice set of tyres rather than a K&N.

What about Green and Pipercross? How do they fare when compared to a K&N universal?
Old 17th June 2010, 16:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey Suhaas I just bumped into this thread and might not be a Veteran Bhpian to advice you but surely can share my experience.

I owned a Santro Xing for over 3.5yrs which I traded in for Getz last month. I was running her on 15" Alloys with K&N Performance filter. I was introduced to this by one of the Car dealers as he had an exclusive video of a comparison b/w K&N and Green filters. I still remember that the Green filter would change its shape and structure beyond some Very high revs but the K&N would stay rock solid !!
I am not trying to hint or advertise K&N here but just telling you that this was too good a decision on my Santro since the sound at high revs was too addictive. Since the car in this reference is a Santro, I don't think its quite capable of such High revs that can damage the filters and any filter would serve the purpose. Personally, I would go for K&N and planning the same on my New Getz soon.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 17th June 2010 at 16:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks