Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2006, 18:09   #1
BHPian

What engines can I import for my Lancer..??

Ive just bought a second hand lancer and am looking for a different engine... can anybody suggest something???... I know about the 1.6 mivec.. please suggest something else with more power.
Can a 4g 63t eclipse engine be used for my lancer or can a 6g 72 3000gt motor be used???
Or else just tell me what engines can be used and please also can anyone suggest a guy who can import these engines or else ill import it myself... also can anyone tell me the price of the 1.6 mivec engine! Also please tell me what i can do about my tranny.. does a awd sound nice??
Please help me soon am dying to mod my car..

Note from Moderator - Please adhere to a decent language protocol on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th May 2006 at 08:26.
Old 4th May 2006, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Get the EVO 6 kit.
Includes engine,transmission, axles, driveshafts, suspension, etc.
U'll need a good mech to fit it too.

Lemme know if u'll need it.

Upgrade cost will cross 5 lakhs. But, power will be around 250 horses.
Old 4th May 2006, 18:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers
Ive just bought a second hand lancer and am looking for a different engine... can anybody suggest something???... I know about the 1.6 mivec.. please suggest something else with more power.
Can a 4g 63t eclipse engine be used for my lancer or can a 6g 72 3000gt motor be used???
Or else just tell me what engines can be used and please also can anyone suggest a guy who can import these engines or else ill import it myself... also can anyone tell me the price of the 1.6 mivec engine! Also please tell me what i can do about my tranny.. does a awd sound nice??
Please help me soon am dying to mod my B**ch..
Since you are in Mumbai, i guess Viper maybe able to help you out with the upgrade including import of the engine you looking for. Pm Viper.

Cheers
Old 4th May 2006, 20:12   #4
BANNED

lissen

get a ft0 engine 200 bhp for 1.8 lacs from bangalore or get an evo5 engine for 2.5 lacs
Old 4th May 2006, 23:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Evo engine for sale in Bangalore, if it's still around. PM me if you're interested.
Old 5th May 2006, 00:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude, what would someone do with the 4g63 engine alone??

U need the rear differential set, etc.. The whole car needs to be turned inside out to get the EVO kit fitted.

Btw, which Evo engine are u referring to?? Flight 700??
Old 5th May 2006, 02:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

WHat does the total cost add up to along with the evo5 engine and the additional mods?

some1 just mentioned 2.5 lacs. Is that just the engine or including some extras too?

how much powr does it make?
Old 5th May 2006, 09:07   #8
BHPian

It would be better to enquire with the RTO if it is permissable to change and ride such a car. Hope they have some suggestions before going ahead
Old 5th May 2006, 10:50   #9
BHPian

first of all the RTO does not allow all this . secondly if u want to fit an engine u should contact KS motorsport at ballard estate cause he has already changed a lancer with a v6 2000 cc engine and the car is running and is very fast it had also performed for the speed run and did pretty well with a timing of 14 .** so i guess he is the right guy u should contact if u need his no PM me
Old 5th May 2006, 11:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky
first of all the RTO does not allow all this . secondly if u want to fit an engine u should contact KS motorsport at ballard estate cause he has already changed a lancer with a v6 2000 cc engine and the car is running and is very fast it had also performed for the speed run and did pretty well with a timing of 14 .** so i guess he is the right guy u should contact if u need his no PM me
yea karan shah has done many cars. i think he has even done ford rocam's city. you should contact him
Old 5th May 2006, 22:25   #11
BANNED

yeah i agree that there is a problem with the evo7 engine beacuse its a rear drive and a normal indian lancer having a front wheel drive.....but you can import the evo5 engine beacuse that will give you 250bhp and the car will be very fast but it with the stock turbo...you can get a supercharger in it also and ill be super fast...
cheers~~~

yeah its just the whole engine pack with all the import duties...contact nivid bhasin or autopsyche

If posting withing 20 minutes of two simultaneous posts, use the EDIT function

Last edited by ported_head : 5th May 2006 at 22:33.
Old 5th May 2006, 22:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers
Not sure if they can but those mitsu eclipse really rock !!!!
Old 6th May 2006, 01:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo dragster
yeah i agree that there is a problem with the evo7 engine beacause its a rear drive and a normal indian lancer having a front wheel drive....
None of the Evo's are rear wheel drive, all are fulltime 4wd. Thats the most basic thing which differentiates an EVO from the other cars ... its a rally bred car and thats how it got its 4WD ....
Its not even partially RWD like the Skyline when its launching with hard accelaration..

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo dragster
.but you can import the evo5 engine beacuse that will give you 250bhp and the car will be very fast but it with the stock turbo...you can get a supercharger in it also and ill be super fast...
What do you mean "get a supercharger in it also" and it will be super fast ? Are you sure what you are talking about? Do you know how complex it is to run a supercharger and a turbo together ? Last time I saw a supercharger and a turbocharger running in a engine was in a Group B rally car by Lancia..I hope you know what Group B rally cars were..
Dont know if there are any manufacturers out there who will even attempt to put both in a car ..thats why you see single,twin or quad turbos ...or single superchargers ...
What are you talking about ?

Last edited by chetanhanda : 6th May 2006 at 01:46.
Old 6th May 2006, 02:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Chetan you just stole my words...word by word!!!
Old 6th May 2006, 12:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

If spending more than 3 lacs I dont find it logical enough.

Most Viewed