Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 16:47   #31

Re: Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn

This is a great guide Noelravin. Thank you! Some of the car accessories shop owners are recommending welding clamps to the chassis of the Duster. This is definitely a far more elegant solution!

I have a few questions with respect to the lamps themselves, not only to you, but to other members on the Forum. Since I own a Duster, I find it not only hard, but dangerous while driving at night on roads that are not well lit, especially roads on the outskirts of the city.

The Full Beam just does not light up oncoming curves on the road and makes driving at night frightening experience at times.

Hence, I'm looking to install aftermarket lamps myself to deal with such situations.

Here are my questions.

1) Do these lamps go out of alignment very often? Especially considering driving on potholed roads?
2) Is going for an HID kit, housed within the existing headlamp dome, a better option in case of the issue I have?
3) Do large after-market lamps, offer a lot of drag resistance during driving, which in turn lead to alignment issues with lamps?

Thanks!
Old 17th February 2013, 23:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
I had Hella 3003 lamps installed on my Duster. These lamps are the right size for this SUV
Those Aux lamps are looking awesome.
Could you please share the cost.
I am also planning for horn upgrade.
I have a question for you.Is horizontal horn bar bolted on original point or welded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
I have a soft copy of the maintenance manual version 2009 in English- its a whole lot of PDF files about 56 MB - if you are interested message me your e-mail and I will post you a link in Dropbox.
I am also interested in maintenance manual for Duster.
Please PM the link, if possible.
Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 11:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Noel- I had sent the Dropbox link a few days ago. Hope you have received it.
That went into my spam and I have just seen it. Thanks! This is good info and really helpful.
Old 18th February 2013, 11:20   #34
BHPian

[quote=h.s.r;3043797]Those Aux lamps are looking awesome.
Could you please share the cost.
I am also planning for horn upgrade.
I have a question for you.Is horizontal horn bar bolted on original point or welded.

The lamps cost approx 10k and the wiring and install approximately Rs.3600/-. The horn bracket is bolted onto the original horn-mount and no welding is involved. TVS-Self locking bolts are used for all the installations so nothing will go out of alignment even if reasonable force is used. These Hellas are focused and cover a wide-frontal area - fantastic on dimly lit roads. I wouldnt suggest a Xenon upgrade.
noelravin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 23:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The lamps cost approx 10k and the wiring and install approximately Rs.3600/-. The horn bracket is bolted onto the original horn-mount and no welding is involved. TVS-Self locking bolts are used for all the installations so nothing will go out of alignment even if reasonable force is used. These Hellas are focused and cover a wide-frontal area - fantastic on dimly lit roads. I wouldnt suggest a Xenon upgrade.
Thanks for sharing cost.
I have few noob questions for you.Pardon my ignorance.
I am planning to upgrade horn first.
1.U have fitted dual horn, how the wiring was done.Have u fitted a relay also?
Factory fitment is for single horn only.What about Warranty?
2.Factory fitted horn mount is only one sided.How many bolts did u use.
I am upgrading horn to Roots Megasonic & each horn weighs approx 1.5 Kg.
Horn mounting bracket should be strong enough to hold these big horns.
Both horns are of different tone.What you advise on wiring,how it should be done.
3.What are self locking bolts,are they different from regular nut/bolts.

Please forward me the link of service manual.
My email is raina69@live.com
Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 10:29   #36
BHPian

I am right now at Gokul's getting hella 3003 & viber sonic horns installed for my duster. Thanks Noel, loved the way your duster looked and I had to get it done from the same person.

I will post pics once done

Cheers
Old 10th March 2013, 19:29   #37
BHPian

This is how my duster looks now after Hella install by Gokul. I watched this guy work the entire day as I had little else to do as the main reason for Chennai visit was for this. This dude is meticulous to say the least and had the same dedication at 8 pm when he finished as he had when he started at 10 am ! The whole day he just worked on my duster.

Once again thanks Noel. Next on the list is nudge guard :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-image4045208320.jpg  

Last edited by motorhead1981 : 10th March 2013 at 19:34.
motorhead1981 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 21:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
This is how my duster looks now after Hella install by Gokul. I watched this guy work the entire day as I had little else to do as the main reason for Chennai visit was for this. This dude is meticulous to say the least and had the same dedication at 8 pm when he finished as he had when he started at 10 am ! The whole day he just worked on my duster.

Once again thanks Noel. Next on the list is nudge guard :-)
Looks really good. Did you wire it through the high beam or install it completely independant of the headlight-circuit.

I will send you pictures in detail of my nudge guard with dimensions. Let me see if I can help you with a similar nudge guard. I will revert in a few days.
Old 10th March 2013, 21:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin

Looks really good. Did you wire it through the high beam or install it completely independant of the headlight-circuit.

I will send you pictures in detail of my nudge guard with dimensions. Let me see if I can help you with a similar nudge guard. I will revert in a few days.
Thanks noel, I wired it through the high beam. After going through your description seems to be the best thing to do. Thanks in advance for the pictures.

Cheers
Old 13th March 2013, 11:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusteruser View Post

The Full Beam just does not light up oncoming curves on the road and makes driving at night frightening experience at times.....
Thanks!
I have installed philips extreme vision H1 and H7 bulbs on my regular housing itself which has increased the visibility level by 50% atleast. These are regular 55W and 60W bulbs but the illumination on road is far more superior. Iam still not 100% satisfied with the light but having clocked more than 20000 kms on my Duster with these bulbs, I'd recommend them over OE bulbs for people who dont want to mess with the OE headlamp assembly. Downside is that these bulbs cost a bomb at Rs.2700/-. Of course what Noelravin has done has to be more superior in terms of light output on the road. So it's your call on what you want.
And yes, OE bulb sucks.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 17:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Thanks for sharing cost.
I have few noob questions for you.Pardon my ignorance.
I am planning to upgrade horn first.
1.U have fitted dual horn, how the wiring was done.Have u fitted a relay also?
Factory fitment is for single horn only.What about Warranty?
Hi,
I also got the HELLA SUPERTONE RED horn set for 1050/-
http://www.shop4hella.com/listProduc...tId=2&CatgId=7
got it installed from a mechanic there for 100/-

he said the duster already has a relay and didn't install the one that came with the Hella kit. He spliced a wire to connect the 2nd horn. Is the technique ok?
Thanks!

Last edited by BUXX : 30th March 2013 at 17:24.
Old 3rd June 2013, 21:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
..I have a soft copy of the maintenance manual version 2009 in English- its a whole lot of PDF files about 56 MB - if you are interested message me your e-mail and I will post you a link in Dropbox.
@ Rigid Rotor: Would you be kind enough to share the Service Manual with me? vcoona at yahoo dot com . TIA.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
T
Please forward me the link of service manual.
My email is raina69@live.com
Thanks
For those interested, I have posted a link to download the Duster Service Manual here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ce-manual.html
bdman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 13:07   #44
BHPian

Thanks noelravin for an excellent write up. After looking at the pictures of your duster after hella are looking awesome. And I am also planning to put the same hella on my duster, but after looking online for the hella I found two options on ebay, so can anyone who has bought a similar headlights can help me in finding which one is the actual one?

This one's for 5225
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Hella-Rallye-...item19e1080d66

This one's for 4099
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Hella-Rallye-...item19e1afdb03

I couldn't find any difference over the internet in the two, and on other website snapdeal, I also found the similar ones for 4000, but not sure why one of the bulb is for 5K change.

I went to one of the shop in bangalore and asked for the similar bulbs and he also quoted the same price around 8K for a pair.

I've one more question for all Bangalore bhpians, is anyone aware of any such shop which can do all these fittings if we buy these things from somewhere else(like internet)?
Old 8th October 2013, 23:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Would you mind sharing of your nudge guard pictures and how it is looking now with some write up how you installed etc.

I am in same boat.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks