Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 09:35   #46
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn

I will post these pictures of the nudge guard fitment over the weekend. Its a very simple installation but needs the upper bracket as well which in my case also holds the fog lamps. If you dont have additional fog lamps you will still need to make this bracket of the same shape.
noelravin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 09:43   #47
BHPian

Hi Gurha. Did you finally buy the hella lamps?
Old 9th October 2013, 10:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
Hi Gurha. Did you finally buy the hella lamps?
No, I've currently upgraded my lamps to 80/100, so I've dropped the plan to upgrade to Hella because of money constraint and also because I couldn't decide where to put those lamps.

Will probably be upgrading my lamps after some time.

Thanks.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:32   #49
BHPian

[quote=joshguy;2992894]I assume Udupi is in Halls road and you are talking about that.In simple words i would say follow the roads given below.This is the simplest road as you are new to chennai

I would like to know whether the Malar Hospital is near Adayar Anand Bhawan,
below the flyover {Lattice Bridge }
Old 29th October 2013, 22:03   #50
BANNED

[quote=KALSANKRPAI;3277645]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I assume Udupi is in Halls road and you are talking about that.In simple words i would say follow the roads given below.This is the simplest road as you are new to chennai

I would like to know whether the Malar Hospital is near Adayar Anand Bhawan,
below the flyover {Lattice Bridge }
Yes ,this shop is just diagonally opposite to MALAR hospital and now there is a new landmark,its just two shops from MERCY Electronics
Old 30th May 2014, 12:23   #51
BHPian

Thanks for sharing noelravin..Very use full Guide

some pics of my Duster Hella's
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_4159.jpg  

Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_4176.jpg  

Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_4181.jpg  

valapad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 23:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Thanks for sharing noelravin..Very use full Guide

some pics of my Duster Hella's
Very clean, neat and superb job done on your Duster. Those smoking hot alloys add beauty to the car.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 13:41   #53
BHPian

Hi Valapad. Nice work. The paint on your car has a fantastic shine . . . . what coat have you given it?
noelravin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 15:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Neat looking duster I say.Can anyone tell me the difference between the HElla rally 3003 and HElla rally 3003 compact?
Old 25th May 2015, 21:27   #55
BHPian

Slightly off topic, but on the topic of lights on the front bumper, I am planning to install these Osram Fog/DRLs this weekend http://www.osram.com/osram_com/produ...-fog/index.jsp

Also, a 20" spot / diffuse light ( Sunyee, EBAY) in the center using the clamps technique described here (thanks NoelRavin) perhaps I'll take a few pics and post here should anyone be interested..
Old 1st June 2015, 09:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epijay View Post
Slightly off topic, but on the topic of lights on the front bumper, I am planning to install these Osram Fog/DRLs this weekend http://www.osram.com/osram_com/produ...-fog/index.jsp

Also, a 20" spot / diffuse light ( Sunyee, EBAY) in the center using the clamps technique described here (thanks NoelRavin) perhaps I'll take a few pics and post here should anyone be interested..
This past weekend, I did just this- Bar light and Osram Fogs... The bar light is AWESOME- Helps avoid squashing some poor soul, pedestrian or ill lit two-wheeler, on the left side of a dark road with blinding onslaught of high beams from the right side
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_0360_b.jpg  

Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_0389b.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2015, 01:34   #57
BHPian

Quote:
This past weekend, I did just this- Bar light and Osram Fogs... The bar light is AWESOME- Helps avoid squashing some poor soul, pedestrian or ill lit two-wheeler, on the left side of a dark road with blinding onslaught of high beams from the right side
Just wow!!!
Bar light is looking awesome, can you please share the specs and pricing for both (grill as well)
And is the bar light improves visibility or it’s just a DRL.
I was also planning for the front grill but was not sure how it will look, but now I will get that done ASAP.
Old 23rd June 2015, 08:39   #58
BHPian

Hi Divyankar, I got the bar light from Ebay..http://www.ebay.com/itm/261412578276...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I found this light to be well made (robust Lexan plastic on front) and about 1/5 the cost of a "standard high quality" bar light from Rigid Industries. Baja industries in the US have these lights at over $800 each, but time will tell whether these are worth the 1/5th - 1/8th price charged by the industry leaders. It is wired directly to the battery via a relay and switch, both of which they provide. The light is pretty bright and throws a beam further than the high beams of my Osram Nightbreaker halogen bulbs. As for the Grill, I got it from my local purveyor of car goodies, the Pit Stop in Hyderabad - I think I paid INR 6K for it.
epijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 22:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Divyankar, I got the bar light from Ebay..http://www.ebay.com/itm/261412578276...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I found this light to be well made (robust Lexan plastic on front) and about 1/5 the cost of a "standard high quality" bar light from Rigid Industries. Baja industries in the US have these lights at over $800 each, but time will tell whether these are worth the 1/5th - 1/8th price charged by the industry leaders. It is wired directly to the battery via a relay and switch, both of which they provide. The light is pretty bright and throws a beam further than the high beams of my Osram Nightbreaker halogen bulbs. As for the Grill, I got it from my local purveyor of car goodies, the Pit Stop in Hyderabad - I think I paid INR 6K for it.
Thanks for the info.
Can you please also share the experience with fog lamp. Is it performing better than stocks?
Old 29th June 2015, 18:35   #60
BHPian

Sharing some pics of my Duster with Osram Hids (Low beams)
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-20150627_235722.jpg  

Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-20150627_235700.jpg  

Most Viewed