Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2015, 03:25   #61
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by epijay View Post
This past weekend, I did just this- Bar light and Osram Fogs... The bar light is AWESOME- Helps avoid squashing some poor soul, pedestrian or ill lit two-wheeler, on the left side of a dark road with blinding onslaught of high beams from the right side
Hello,
Can you please share the pricing and experience of your fog lamp.
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 09:31   #62
BHPian

Divyankar, I paid oodles of money and duty on Amazon, to get the fog lamps delivered to me in India- On 2nd thoughts, I should have gone through Osram India and saved on the duty and taxes. Apparently these cost somewhere in the 20K or so in India which is a good price to pay. That being said, I love these lights- they are hard to miss during daylight and have some smart functions built in- so, in drl mode, only one part lights up, in parking, dipper, and headlight mode, when you signal, that side light lights up as a cornering light. When you turn on the Hazard lights both fogs and their DRLs light up in synchrony. The only thing that does not happen is for the light on the side of the signal does not dim when signalling.. I would heartily recommend these lights. They add a touch of class too.
epijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 01:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Divyankar, I paid oodles of money and duty on Amazon, to get the fog lamps delivered to me in India- On 2nd thoughts, I should have gone through Osram India and saved on the duty and taxes. Apparently these cost somewhere in the 20K or so in India which is a good price to pay. That being said, I love these lights- they are hard to miss during daylight and have some smart functions built in- so, in drl mode, only one part lights up, in parking, dipper, and headlight mode, when you signal, that side light lights up as a cornering light. When you turn on the Hazard lights both fogs and their DRLs light up in synchrony. The only thing that does not happen is for the light on the side of the signal does not dim when signalling.. I would heartily recommend these lights. They add a touch of class too.
Thanks epijay,
Although 20k is bit steep for fog lamp.
Recently I upgraded my low beams to Osram HIDs (4300k) and it only cost me 10k. I am planning to upgrade my high beams with philips xtream vision 130% I think that should be enough for now.
Old 17th September 2015, 21:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
There is no alteration to the frame structure. Just 4x6mm holes which go through a 1.6mm sheet metal cross member. As a rule you should never drive through a closed chassis frame.

100 watt bulbs in a stock headlight often causes discolouring of the outer lens because they are plastic and not meant to withstand the heat. It helps to switch off the 100watt bulbs while at a signal/stationary.

Noel.
Hi, I am planning a 5000 km trip in October in my Duster, and recently put Hella 100 watt bulbs in place of the 55 watt ones. I have changed all four and put a nice cut out. However, the guy who fixed it didn't mention anything about overheating. Do you think this can damage the plastic reflectors? I am very careful and will always remember to switch off the lights when the car is stationary, but do you think these bulbs will damage even when the vehicle is in motion?

I also have the option of putting a couple of Hella Rallye 3000 instead of this setup. Do you suggest I do that and reinstate the original bulbs?
Old 18th September 2015, 17:01   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Lamps and Horns installed. Job Complete.
Attachment 1025525
Can you please confirm if the OEM setup will take a Dual Horn installation or is it mandatory to have a Relay based Trigger system ?
Old 18th October 2015, 17:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
This past weekend, I did just this- Bar light and Osram Fogs... The bar light is AWESOME- Helps avoid squashing some poor soul, pedestrian or ill lit two-wheeler, on the left side of a dark road with blinding onslaught of high beams from the right side
Okay guys fast forward and a word of caution regarding my set up- I hit a dig and caused considerable damage to my intercooler because the bar light and clamp took the brunt of the hit. I should have installed the bar light above, not below as the Hella set up !
Old 23rd October 2015, 01:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Thanks for sharing noelravin..Very use full Guide

some pics of my Duster Hella's

Hi valapad,

Are these lights Hella 3000 or 3003? I was looking at picture posted by you, lights cover has 3000 written on it but the frame looks similar to 3003. Could you please share/PM price for the set.

Regards.
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:17   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi valapad,

Are these lights Hella 3000 or 3003? I was looking at picture posted by you, lights cover has 3000 written on it but the frame looks similar to 3003. Could you please share/PM price for the set.

Regards.
Hi..Its Rallye 3003 and Price 7469 ( from Snapdeal.com )
valapad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 12:35   #69
BHPian

Here's my 20" Bar light install- The Baja designs' ONX6 light has been hooked up to the horn so there is sound and light coordination for warning itinerant interlopers on the road well in advance! The bar light's wiring harness comes with a momentary switch for dimming the light down to 54% as well as to strobe it for offroad use.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-duster_light.jpg  

Last edited by epijay : 14th March 2016 at 12:37.
Old 17th March 2016, 05:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Here's my 20" Bar light install- The Baja designs' ONX6 light has been hooked up to the horn so there is sound and light coordination for warning itinerant interlopers on the road well in advance! The bar light's wiring harness comes with a momentary switch for dimming the light down to 54% as well as to strobe it for offroad use.
Hi Epijay,
Can you please post pics of the set up when its not on.
And please share the pricing as well
Old 6th April 2016, 11:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi Epijay,
Can you please post pics of the set up when its not on.
And please share the pricing as well
Hi Divyankar,
Price? I went with the industry leader - Baja Designs. It cost me about 650$ for the 20 inch ONX6. I tried a much cheaper ebay version earlier, but this one is far better and, generally, you get what you pay for. Ill post a daylight pic of the front end as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Epijay
Old 7th April 2016, 01:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Divyankar,
Price? I went with the industry leader - Baja Designs. It cost me about 650$ for the 20 inch ONX6. I tried a much cheaper ebay version earlier, but this one is far better and, generally, you get what you pay for. Ill post a daylight pic of the front end as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Epijay
Thanks Epijay.
Although $650 is bit steep but as you said you get what you pay for.
But the setup is looking super kool.
Old 23rd July 2016, 04:18   #73
BHPian

Any one here who has tried LED bulbs to replace the stock H1 and H7s .
I see a few options in Amazon with 2 years warranty from OEMs

H7
http://www.amazon.in/Rolinger-5th-Generation-LED-Headlights/dp/B012KF2866?ie=UTF8&keywords=h7%20led%20headlight%2 0bulbs&qid=1469227201&ref_=sr_1_5&s=automotive&sr= 1-5

H1
http://www.amazon.in/6000LM-Headlights-Light-Replace-Halogen/dp/B019QV4UYA?ie=UTF8&keywords=h1%20led%20headlight%2 0bulbs&qid=1469227139&ref_=sr_1_9&s=automotive&sr= 1-9

From what I understand so far the Headlight housing of a Duster even my 2016 AWD is not top notch to house a 100w bulb, given LEDs heat up less at the bulb area (one inside the reflectors) and more at the transformer below , which I think would be out of the headlight Housing should be safe. These are rated at 6000 Kelvins, so it will out do a HID kit if I am not wrong at lower temperature and power.
Please share some information if any one is using LED H1 and H7 bulbs to replace the stock ones of a Duster.
Old 8th September 2016, 02:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I had Hella 3003 lamps installed on my Duster.
Hi Noel,

Thank you so much for putting this thread up & for the reference... Like we spoke, I got it installed on my Duster last Saturday along with Nautilus Stebel / Roots Smart Tone horn.

A couple of pics on how it was installed.

Twin Smart Tones and the LOUD Nautilus (Strictly for highways)
Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_20160903_153931_hdr.jpg

Along with Gokul - The electrician.

Renault Duster Guide : How to install driving lamps & aftermarket horn-img_20160903_211111_hdr.jpg

Cheers!
Goutham
Venom_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 14:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Hi Noel,

Thank you so much for putting this thread up & for the reference... Like we spoke, I got it installed on my Duster last Saturday along with Nautilus Stebel / Roots Smart Tone horn.

A couple of pics on how it was installed.

Twin Smart Tones and the LOUD Nautilus (Strictly for highways)
Attachment 1551697

Along with Gokul - The electrician.

Attachment 1551698

Cheers!
Goutham
Hi Venom_rider and Noel,

I am planning to install an LED bar as well. But was completely put off with the idea of having a small round switch, which is ill fitting on my dashboard. Could you guys post information and pictures of your on/ off switches on the dash. Would be great to get some ideas.

Cheers!

Most Viewed