Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 09:52   #196
BHPian

Re: My VW Vento with some mods

I think , you vento is one of the safest , most secure cars , atleast compared to the ones standing next to it , in the pictures that you've posted above .

ABS , Airbags and crumple zones all set aside . BUt what sets your car apart , is

THE LIMBU MIRCHI .

The ultimate safety device .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 10:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post

I left the car exactly the way I got it for month or so the most I thought I'd do then was get the GTI grille and wrap the roof black.
Hey Ferrariwell really tasteful and well thought of changes on your stead.

Though this has got nothing to do with your car, humble request is to please use proper punctuation/sentence structure in your future posts dude. It was almost like you had collated your post from various thoughts running wild. I had to read multiple times to understand what exactly your intent was !!
Old 16th July 2015, 11:19   #198
BHPian

Lovely car you got there, Ferrariwell. Definitely a live example of 'Neighbour's Envy, Owner's Pride'!

The modifications look really tasteful and suit the understated 'original' style of the car perfectly. I liked the way you have kept some bits (roof, spoiler) pearl black to break the otherwise dull monotony of matte colour. Your car needs the following to become 'THE' modified Vento:

1. New suspension and lowering
2. Basic performance modifications (CAI, FFE, Remap)
3. Paint the chrome bits to Pearl Black (to match the roof)
4. LED Tails from the new Vento
5. Matte/Gloss Red paint on the upper (cover) part of ORVMs (to match the alloy lips, GTI grill)
6. Definitely some Team-BHP stickers!
7. Please (read = PLEASE) get rid of those XL size Mudflaps!

One question
- Did you repaint the alloys again? Initial pictures show OEM rims, next set shows gloss black OEM rims, next set shows aftermarket gunmetal/grey rims with blue lip and the final pictures show aftermarket rims (matte black) with red lip!

OT: Pictures with the supercars were really a treat! Do you own all these cars?

Last edited by Nik2772 : 16th July 2015 at 11:24.
Old 16th July 2015, 13:09   #199
BHPian

My VW Vento with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I think , you vento is one of the safest , most secure cars , atleast compared to the ones standing next to it , in the pictures that you've posted above .

ABS , Airbags and crumple zones all set aside . BUt what sets your car apart , is

THE LIMBU MIRCHI .

The ultimate safety device .
Haha good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Ferrariwell really tasteful and well thought of changes on your stead.

Though this has got nothing to do with your car, humble request is to please use proper punctuation/sentence structure in your future posts dude. It was almost like you had collated your post from various thoughts running wild. I had to read multiple times to understand what exactly your intent was !!
Thank you. To be honest that's exactly how I compiled this thread really sorry for the inconvenience caused was in a bit of a hurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik2772 View Post
Lovely car you got there, Ferrariwell. Definitely a live example of 'Neighbour's Envy, Owner's Pride'!

The modifications look really tasteful and suit the understated 'original' style of the car perfectly. I liked the way you have kept some bits (roof, spoiler) pearl black to break the otherwise dull monotony of matte colour. Your car needs the following to become 'THE' modified Vento:

1. New suspension and lowering
2. Basic performance modifications (CAI, FFE, Remap)
3. Paint the chrome bits to Pearl Black (to match the roof)
4. LED Tails from the new Vento
5. Matte/Gloss Red paint on the upper (cover) part of ORVMs (to match the alloy lips, GTI grill)
6. Definitely some Team-BHP stickers!
7. Please (read = PLEASE) get rid of those XL size Mudflaps!

One question
- Did you repaint the alloys again? Initial pictures show OEM rims, next set shows gloss black OEM rims, next set shows aftermarket gunmetal/grey rims with blue lip and the final pictures show aftermarket rims (matte black) with red lip!

OT: Pictures with the supercars were really a treat! Do you own all these cars?
Haha thank you. I'm going call up the dealer this week and Enquire about the 2015 headlamps. The car should be going to Dadesign again soon for some minor work the chrome & red detailing will be taken care off then. I would really like to get a CAI & a remap but it doesn't make sense for me as the car is driven by a driver since I cant drive. I think a FFE would not make sense in the city and on top of that my car during the day is sometimes parked in and around a hospital whenever my mother takes it (my mother works there) so a loud exhaust wouldn't really be advisable. Will be lowering the car in about say 6-7 months or so. Got the mudflaps with the car will be keeping them on till about oct-nov. In the 1st and second pic the rims are stock exactly how they came from the factory the next set are the same stock wheels painted gloss black the third set of pics show a totally different set of rims that I got fitted when I wrapped the car matte black. The blue lip was on just for a day because I was too excited to take delivery and took the car before it was complete they painted the lip red the next day.
Nope none of those cars are owned by me technically I don't own a car since my vento is also on my mothers name the CLA 45 and scuderia both are a good friends cars who also happens to be a member here. I have more pics of my car with Supercars will look for them and post there here soon

Last edited by Ferrariwell : 16th July 2015 at 13:13.
Ferrariwell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 13:34   #200
Senior - BHPian

Hello, The car is looking really good after the matte wrap, Please do get rid of the mudflaps though. Also can you share some details about the front rubber lip? I was planning to get something similar for my jetta.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th July 2015, 10:31   #201
BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Folks with a complete car wrap like Ferrariwell (nice job) what happens when you want to peel of the wrap and go back to stock (if ever). Does the pain beneath remain perfectly safe and it just come off easy and with a wash is back to stock? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old 25th July 2015, 09:12   #202
BHPian

I Have a query for the Vinyl wrap experts here.
Had gone to look at the Creta day before and one of the issue which is bugging me is the dashboard.
Somehow the mixture of the brownish dash with black is not to my liking and I would like a pure black dashboard, like in S Cross.
Now i was wondering if i can get a premium black vinyl wrap done on dash of the Creta?
Question is do we have people wrapping the dash, without any affect on the warranty ?

Last edited by nkghai : 25th July 2015 at 09:14.
Old 25th July 2015, 10:49   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I Have a query for the Vinyl wrap experts here.
Had gone to look at the Creta day before and one of the issue which is bugging me is the dashboard.
Somehow the mixture of the brownish dash with black is not to my liking and I would like a pure black dashboard, like in S Cross.
Now i was wondering if i can get a premium black vinyl wrap done on dash of the Creta?
Question is do we have people wrapping the dash, without any affect on the warranty ?
Check this out -

https://www.facebook.com/Colorglokerala?fref=ts

They can change the colour of your dash, no need for vinyl or anything.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 14:48   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Folks with a complete car wrap like Ferrariwell (nice job) what happens when you want to peel of the wrap and go back to stock (if ever). Does the pain beneath remain perfectly safe and it just come off easy and with a wash is back to stock? Does anyone have any experience with this?
When you peel off the wrap after months/year the paint will be exactly the way you left it. No damage whatsoever is to be expected.
Old 29th July 2015, 20:49   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
When you peel off the wrap after months/year the paint will be exactly the way you left it. No damage whatsoever is to be expected.
Awesome, have you had any experience with that. Not that I don't trust you just curious
Old 30th July 2015, 00:40   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Awesome, have you had any experience with that. Not that I don't trust you just curious
My experience is now only till DIY application of vinyls on car roofs and computer cabinets. Never got to removing them. After removing the vinyls on computer cabinets everything was fine. But they dont face the environmental elements anyways so they were bound to be ok. But i have researched so much on this topic, that i know that even in the case of cars the paint will be perfectly alright.
Old 30th July 2015, 11:25   #207
BANNED

Any idea where I can get this type of wrap? Planning on doing it on a Honda Dio.
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-img_2360.jpg  

Old 30th July 2015, 13:41   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Any idea where I can get this type of wrap? Planning on doing it on a Honda Dio.
I have never seen this type of vinyl in the vinyl market in pune(atleast). But i guess if you take this pic to your local vinyl market, and tell them to source it for you, they will be glad to help.
frewper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 00:17   #209
BHPian

This seems to be a camouflage wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
You can check with the designers for camouflage wrap. The place from where i got my car wrapped has stopped doing camouflage wraps since they dont last long and fade very fast. Since youre planning for your dio, you can still go for it and choose different graphic patterns.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th August 2015 at 10:36. Reason: merging posts. Thanks.
Old 4th September 2015, 11:22   #210
BHPian

Can anyone indicate the approximate cost range on a SqFt / SqIn basis for different kinds of Vinyl Wraps? I would like to do a rough calculation for my car before I decide to decide whether I should decide for it . I am based in NCR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks