Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 09:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute_force View Post
Ravan , Yeah i was told about the carbon fibre for the pillars, but I dont know why, but i am not a great fan of it on the pillars. Even if it had to be on the pillars, I would like them to be Glossy plain finish ones but not the matte though. But have you done the CF vinyl on roof? If you have, could you please post some pics of your car?
Nope, I havent done it. Just contemplating about the same. I had been to 3M in Pune for polishing, but I forgot to ask about the total cost for carbon fibre vinyl.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:55   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
You can go for white alloys with white vinyl covering on wing mirrors.
Thanks Skyline, but have you actually seen any like that? honestly speaking i haven't seen any with white alloys. Not sure how well it would go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Nope, I havent done it. Just contemplating about the same. I had been to 3M in Pune for polishing, but I forgot to ask about the total cost for carbon fibre vinyl.
But do you really intend doing an entire Vinyl wrap ?
Old 9th January 2013, 12:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute_force View Post
But do you really intend doing an entire Vinyl wrap ?
Nope, only the roof and the pillars. Nothing else. That too as and when I have the moolah and the permission from my better half to go for it
Old 9th January 2013, 12:25   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Nope, only the roof and the pillars. Nothing else. That too as and when I have the moolah and the permission from my better half to go for it
Absolutely understandable,both the moolah and the permission part as well. I am thinking I may want to most of my mods before I get to reach the permission part. Fringe benefits of being single i guess

Have you done any mods on your car yet?
Old 9th January 2013, 14:40   #20
BHPian

I have not seen on i20, but there are some dark colour Swift/Figo which i have noticed with white alloy wheels. Vinyling the mirror would look good in my opinion & prevent scratches on the paint. Since you have a Grey car vinyling the roof will not be as effective as a lighter colour car.
Old 12th January 2013, 11:09   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
I have not seen on i20, but there are some dark colour Swift/Figo which i have noticed with white alloy wheels. Vinyling the mirror would look good in my opinion & prevent scratches on the paint. Since you have a Grey car vinyling the roof will not be as effective as a lighter colour car.
Hmmm well, I am seriously considering an alloy upgrade though. But my mind was thinking about black. I felt black alloy on grey car would be nice. About Vinyling the mirror, i have to do it for aesthetic purposes only as the paint has already been lost due to the driving conditions in Chennai.
Old 13th January 2013, 17:29   #22

Ok. Finally I have gotten the alloy upgrade done. Grey lenso with a 195/55 rubber. Pictures coming up soon.

P.S : I just got it done like a few minutes back. Thanks to tbhp app I can update the thread immediately.
Old 29th January 2013, 14:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

How expensive are these wraps?

Do they come only in a single shade, or is it possible to have custom made graphics on the wrap?
Old 29th January 2013, 16:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
How expensive are these wraps?

Do they come only in a single shade, or is it possible to have custom made graphics on the wrap?

Beejay, now that depends absolutely on where you get them done. If its 3M, they are comparatively more expensive. But i personally feel you can really bank on them. These wraps in 3M for me to get the pillars done and also the ORVM, costed me close to 1.8K for the normal matte finish black wraps. Carbon Fibre would ve costed me a little more close to 2.5k.

3M in India have come up only with black color, however other colors do exist outside of 3M. About the graphics on top of them, I am not sure. I am not sure even if it decals that you want to get done on top of the Vinyl wraps would even stick on them. May be you could ask the experts.
Old 5th February 2013, 14:42   #25
BHPian

I am looking for a glossy white vinyl wrap to cover the roof of my car. Looks like no one has it here in Bangalore. I checked with 3M and motormind, 3M does not have it and motormind has only a matte finish one. Has someone seen glossy white vinyl? Any place where I can find it?
Old 14th March 2013, 12:34   #26
EP.
BHPian

My friend in Mysore got his Civic wrapped up by Sticker Planet. Must say that the work is awesome, no surface undulations or uneven coloring. But most of all, I love the color he choose, looks even better in flesh. Costed him around 40K for the whole job. Worth it.

Btw, any guys from Mysore looking for a wrap can contact Sticker Planet at 9980693339. They also do decals any kind of graphics for cars and bikes.

Attaching some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-dsc_0067.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-dsc_0045.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-dsc_0038.jpg  

EP. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 13:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
My friend in Mysore got his Civic wrapped up by Sticker Planet. Must say that the work is awesome, no surface undulations or uneven coloring. But most of all, I love the color he choose, looks even better in flesh. Costed him around 40K for the whole job. Worth it.

Btw, any guys from Mysore looking for a wrap can contact Sticker Planet at 9980693339. They also do decals any kind of graphics for cars and bikes.

Attaching some pictures:
Aren't such cars subject to RTO checks or impromptu road stops by officials?
One has really changed the whole color of the car and this mandates an RTO RC updation.
Or is it when the officials really create trouble then one thinks of peeling off the while Vinyl thingy?
Old 14th March 2013, 14:00   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Aren't such cars subject to RTO checks or impromptu road stops by officials?
One has really changed the whole color of the car and this mandates an RTO RC updation.
Or is it when the officials really create trouble then one thinks of peeling off the while Vinyl thingy?
Actually RTO rarely actually bothers and when they do one gets the change details entered in the RC book rather than removing the vinyl.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 19:03   #29
BHPian

All about Wraps and Wrapped Cars

The mercedes looks good in the stock dark blue but just imagine it on rainy a day in matte black plus we were bored with the color,it seemed too common so we decided to wrap the car(thinking a wrap job would cost lesser than conventional paint job and its easily reversible and so on)

I am currently in Delhi and I was wondering how much should it cost to wrap our Mercedes Benz S Class W140 and these people are asking price which differ a lot somewhere arnd(rs60K to rs125K for 3m Matte Black)

After a lot discussion and argument we agreed on either Gold Chrome or Matte Black and we looked around for specialty garages which specialize in wrap jobs and one of the few good shops are in Mumbai,which would be inconvenient because the car has to be sent and brought back,so we started looking for shops in Delhi and came across only two.(Steam n Shine and DC).

If any of you guys have any expert advice about wraps please do share,it would be really helpful for us.
Old 25th June 2013, 19:07   #30
Team-BHP Support

Re: It's All About That "WRAP CHIC"(Wrappers,Wrapped Cars and everything else about w

I'm sure autopsyche would also be able to do it. Also please avoid gold chrome, that will ruin the W140. Matte black will look good, but will you be able to deal with the extra heat it will abosrb in Delhi's summers?

Most Viewed