Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 04:48   #286
BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Did you get your Fizz painted or wrapped ? If you did, give us the details and pictures too.
I got her painted just a few backs back, but in the very same Paprika Red. Apparently, I’m out of the country and have no sources on how the car looks. . I, too haven’t seen the car yet.
E = mc² is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 16:59   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
I have some very basic queries regarding wrapping-
1. Does wrapping affects car's body colour? If I wish to unwrap my car later on, will that be possible? Or will the adhesive damage my car's original colour.

2. Does wrapping affects in keeping the car cool? Will wrapping the roof of my car in glossy/matte black make my car hot when kept under sun?
Hi. Wrapping does not affect the original paint/color of the car. You can anytime undo it and your car would be as it is.

Wrapping does not majorly affect the cooling. The difference would be usual between black and other light colored cars.
bhavukjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 17:27   #288
BHPian

Got the chrome garnish above the number plate wrapped in camouflage print. Got the ORVMs done in the same design.

About Vinyl Wraps-psx_20190515_172355.jpg

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 19:48   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Got the chrome garnish above the number plate wrapped in camouflage print. Got the ORVMs done in the same design.

Attachment 1876493

Cheers,

Pawan
The guys at 3m didn’t Gloss wrap our Rapid’s chrome grille, saying it would come off when’s parked under the sun. I know for a fact that it won’t
Old 15th May 2019, 21:22   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic3r View Post
The guys at 3m didn’t Gloss wrap our Rapid’s chrome grille, saying it would come off when’s parked under the sun. I know for a fact that it won’t
They told me the same thing, when I wanted to wrap the chrome grill of my S-Cross. I told them to go ahead despite it.

It will be three years since then, next month. The wrap is still holding good, with no issues.
Aiel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 21:42   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
They told me the same thing, when I wanted to wrap the chrome grill of my S-Cross. I told them to go ahead despite it.

It will be three years since then, next month. The wrap is still holding good, with no issues.
And guess what? While putting the sunfilm they “forgot” to put the co-driver door padding properly in place and we’ve got to take it to Skoda A.S.S again(went once already because of broken front centre arrest-probably the 3m guys themselves or the guy who did the steering wrap earlier the same day). They also took photos and videos of the car after putting on the Gloss black roof wrap, stating that they wanted to create some sort of promotion for their store. We told them to just hide our plate numbers, though they probably didn’t. Also soaked the interior fabric upholstery with soap solution...we were clearly to be blamed for this-if only I hadn’t the foresight to cover it up any tips to get the (soap) water(?) out of the fabric would be welcome.
Nostalgic3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 22:23   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post

Attachment 1876493

Cheers,

Pawan
Your Duster's looking lovely, PapaBravo! From a distance the wrap isn't that much apparent, but I'm sure it'll look great close up. Also like the unique position of the Nat Geo sticker on the C-pillar. Definitely eye-catching!
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 12:37   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic3r View Post
You are right. Shouldn't be a problem. I had faced the same problem. I did a DIY and used plastidip for wrapping the grill.

Details here (Plasti Dip in India? A Spray-on Rubberized Coating...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Your Duster's looking lovely, PapaBravo! From a distance the wrap isn't that much apparent, but I'm sure it'll look great close up. Also like the unique position of the Nat Geo sticker on the C-pillar. Definitely eye-catching!
Thank you boniver !! That sticker was a DIY as well. Another picture attached straight from the back

About Vinyl Wraps-psx_20190516_111954.jpg

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 13:02   #294
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can I get the visor of the CBR250R wrapped with a translucent film? I am thinking of something like a sun film sheet to be applied, but not sure if it will hold on to the plastic well enough. Any pointers?
Old 16th May 2019, 13:54   #295
BHPian

Saw this C Class wrapped in 'Radioactive Green' as the workshop calls it.
About Vinyl Wraps-img_20190516_135412.jpg
It was pretty funky but the workmanship was not up to the par. I'd actually seen this getting wrapped a few weeks back and for a fact know that it is white underneath.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 19:44   #296
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendation for a person/shop who can wrap a helmet? I don't mind paying a premium as long as the workmanship is good.
Old 26th July 2019, 17:04   #297
BHPian

About Vinyl Wraps-unnamed.jpg

About Vinyl Wraps-unnamed-2.jpg

About Vinyl Wraps-unnamed-1.jpg

Got my Creta wrapped in Midnight Sand Metallic shade with Gloss Black roof. All chrome accents have been wrapped/painted gloss black as well.
bhavukjain is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 17:40   #298
BHPian

Is it required to change color in RC documents, if the entire car is wrapped to a different colour?
SamitMukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 18:38   #299
BHPian

This is the second car that i got wrapped and haven't got the color on RC changed. No problems till now. If our process of getting the color changed was simpler, then would have done for sure.
bhavukjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 12:22   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Got my Creta wrapped in Midnight Sand Metallic shade with Gloss Black roof. All chrome accents have been wrapped/painted gloss black as well.
Though I was not a fan of wraps, the wrap on your Creta changed my idea completely. She looks beautiful in that wrap. How much did it cost? Any fair idea for Elite i20?.
TorqueKnight is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed