Old 31st July 2019, 12:31   #301
BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Attachment 1899002

Attachment 1899001

Attachment 1899000

Got my Creta wrapped in Midnight Sand Metallic shade with Gloss Black roof. All chrome accents have been wrapped/painted gloss black as well.
Wow . Had seen this car on the IDE fb page.

-Does each panel of the car come off to install the wrap or is it installed on the body directly?
-How do you deal with daily cleaning? Any detailing possible?
Old 31st July 2019, 12:42   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Wow . Had seen this car on the IDE fb page.

-Does each panel of the car come off to install the wrap or is it installed on the body directly?
-How do you deal with daily cleaning? Any detailing possible?
Yes. Lights, Bumpers, roof rails, door handles, rear view mirrors have to be taken off for better detailing and long life of the wrap.
Daily cleaning is taken care by micro fiber cloth. No detailing as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Though I was not a fan of wraps, the wrap on your Creta changed my idea completely. She looks beautiful in that wrap. How much did it cost? Any fair idea for Elite i20?.
Thank You so much. Check your PM.
bhavukjain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:18   #303
BHPian

I am looking forward to doing a gloss black wrap on the roof of my Tata Tiago. However it is really difficult to select the right shop for it. I am looking for an economical option in the range of 3000-4000/- rupees. 3M quoted me 11000/- which was way out of budget for me. So, if anyone has any trusted leads in Delhi then please let me know.
Old 8th February 2020, 16:31   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Attachment 1899002

Attachment 1899001

Attachment 1899000

Got my Creta wrapped in Midnight Sand Metallic shade with Gloss Black roof. All chrome accents have been wrapped/painted gloss black as well.
Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same to my i20. Can you please tell me where did you get the wraps done & what was the cost?
Old 4th April 2020, 21:50   #305

Hi Folks,
Great to have come across this thread!
I am thinking of getting my BMW X1 (E84) wrapped in Satin Black / Matte Black. Any suggestions on how it will turn out? Original Colour is Deep Sea Blue Mettalic.
Its been 6 years already and I need a change!
Any ideas on who would carry out a perfect job in Pune?
Old 5th April 2020, 10:14   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Haddock View Post
Hi Folks,
Great to have come across this thread!
I am thinking of getting my BMW X1 (E84) wrapped in Satin Black / Matte Black. Any suggestions on how it will turn out? Original Colour is Deep Sea Blue Mettalic.
Its been 6 years already and I need a change!
Any ideas on who would carry out a perfect job in Pune?
Would suggest you look at carz Spa in pune by parikshit hans. He also has a you tube channel and his works looks good. You could try it out since your based in pune.

Have no commercial interest, just frequently watch his channels and I like his quality of work hence suggesting the same.

Regards
Manoj.
scorpian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 15:30   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Would suggest you look at carz Spa in pune by parikshit hans. He also has a you tube channel and his works looks good. You could try it out since your based in pune.
I have seen a couple of his videos. The paint jobs done is more of poor painting and then heavy sanding to cover up all the orange peel and unevenness. In one of the videos, they wrap a Dzire with gold film and state that there was lot of unevenness on the paint surface due to which they repaint it with primer. Yet after the wrap the unevenness is still present. Hence, I am not sure if this is a recommendable setup.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 12:58   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I have seen a couple of his videos. The paint jobs done is more of poor painting and then heavy sanding to cover up all the orange peel and unevenness. In one of the videos, they wrap a Dzire with gold film and state that there was lot of unevenness on the paint surface due to which they repaint it with primer. Yet after the wrap the unevenness is still present. Hence, I am not sure if this is a recommendable setup.
Sir, am glad you mentioned this. This will help me also look more minutely and improve my own skills while watching videos. Thank you so much.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 17:43   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same to my i20. Can you please tell me where did you get the wraps done & what was the cost?
Hi. It was done IDE Autoworks Gurgaon. Please contact them for i20 as its different for all cars. Check PM for the price.
bhavukjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 17:44   #310

Hey BHpians,
Does anyone know any car wrap stores in Hyderabad which will only sell the wrap sheet for a particular car and they do not install it?
i live near Rangareddy so I would not like to travel too far to just get the wrap if that is case!
Old 27th May 2020, 13:44   #311
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am planning to get the roof of my vehicle wrapped.
I have inquired and finalised to get it done from "Wrapstyle" in Bangalore
Their prices are the lowest among others for the same colour and brand(GunMetal Gray from Avery Dennison)
I wanted to check if someone else has availed any services from them and what are your reviews. Also if you know anywhere else from where I can get it done please feel free to share. My location is Bangalore.
Old 27th May 2020, 18:41   #312
BHPian

About Vinyl Wraps

Hey Artyom
Please do share your experience if you do decide to go ahead with them/anybody else
I am planning to wrap my Rear view mirrors in carbon fibre and dechrome the grills if they go a decent job
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 20:10   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey Artyom
Please do share your experience if you do decide to go ahead with them/anybody else
I am planning to wrap my Rear view mirrors in carbon fibre and dechrome the grills if they go a decent job
Sure will do.I was expecting someone from the forum might share their reviews.Lets wait and watch.
Old 28th May 2020, 03:29   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Sure will do.I was expecting someone from the forum might share their reviews.Lets wait and watch.
I have got my entire car wrapped by them, quality of work is very good. They are good guys as well, have kept in touch with them. You can see the work done on my car here. (My modified VW Vento TSI - From Brownie to Mark 13)
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 15:52   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey Artyom

Hi Folks,

Getting the roof wrapped was in pipeline for quite some time.

I was waiting for the Corona thing to settle but it seems that it will take ages.

The 2nd service on my vehicle was due so decided to get it done on the same day.

Finally on 20th, June I got the service done and went straight to Wrapstyle to get the roof wrapped.

Below is the timeline:-

1.Spoke with Sreeraj a few weeks back and finalised on the colour & availability (Avery Gunmetal Metallic Matte SW900-840-M)

2. Apart from aesthetic appeal wrap also provides some protection for the roof which is a pain to clean and maintain.

3. Called him 1 night before to ascertain the workshop is open and finalised the time.

4. After getting the service done in ITPL drove directly to Wrapstyle(Hebbal)

5. There wasn't any vehicle being worked upon so they started the work right away.

6. It seems that they haven't done any 2019 facelift Creta earlier.

7. They initially struggled with removing the antenna and the roof rails but gradually they got them off without any issues.

8. In 2019 facelift Creta the roof rails are a 2 piece set where the base frame attaches to the body using nuts and bolts.

The silver cover is then placed on the frame and it clips in.

The whole assembly was removed for the wrap installation.

9. The Antenna was removed for wrapping as well.

10. The roof was thoroughly cleaned with Colin and Adhesive cleaner.

11. The wrap sheet was placed on top and then using heat gun it was stretched so that the wrap reaches till the roof rail pits.

12. Once the wrap was in place a wet squeegee was used to level the wrap and remove wrinkles and bubbles which was followed by fitting of roof rails back.

The Antenna was wrapped separately and fitted after this.

13. For the Spoiler, they had to remove the brake light and then do the wrapping.

14. There were 2 guys who completed the wrapping in approximately 4 hours(Including Breaks)

15.1-year warranty for any peel-offs is standard. The payment was done through a Credit Card.

16 Overall I am happy with the fit finish and effort these guys put in for the job and would highly recommend them.

FYI there is another Wrapstyle outlet which will open soon in Indiranagar.

You can contact Mr SreeRaj at 9606138288
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_124923.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_131531.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_131535.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_134309.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_135000.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_135043.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200620_135053.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_123205.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_125321.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_125339.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_125411.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_125414.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_125424.jpg  

About Vinyl Wraps-20200624_125442.jpg  

Last edited by Artyom : 24th June 2020 at 15:56.
Artyom is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks