Team-BHP - About Vinyl Wraps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   About Vinyl Wraps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/130918-about-vinyl-wraps-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilntny (Post 3499012)
can you please upload a picture of the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad3952n (Post 3469965)
If you need assistance for wrap jobs I am just a PM away.

Anil and Akash (sincerely hope that I remember your name correctly), here are a couple of pictures of the cracked vinyl on my car.

This is with the door closed.
About Vinyl Wraps-img_20140808_064640.jpg

If you open the door this is how it looks.
About Vinyl Wraps-img_20140808_064711.jpg

Now over to you for your expert opinion.

Thanks, in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3500644)
here are a couple of pictures of the cracked vinyl on my car.

This is with the door closed.
If you open the door this is how it looks.

Well buddy, looking at the pics it appears to be a minor wrap crack occurred due to frequent usage of doors (which is inevitable). Since this area is not really pronounced in the exterior so you may conceal the crack with a Black matte/ carbon vinyl. Just cut a thin length of vinyl and paste it on the crack.

Do it like this:

About Vinyl Wraps-img_20140808_064711.jpg

About Vinyl Wraps-img_20140808_064640.jpg

Any further suggestion you need then do let me know buddy.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3500644)
Anil and Akash (sincerely hope that I remember your name correctly), here are a couple of pictures of the cracked vinyl on my car.

Thanks, in advance.

As ,ad3952n suggested ,trim the edges with a cutter blade ,and I will suggest placing a full length piece ( I mean one extending from top to bottom ,and not full width.)
Since the damage is over the edge,it won't be easily noticeable- provided you are using the same type of vinyl.
Please do share your final result, and good luck.:)

I have owned my Space Grey Z4 for a year now, and its starting to look a little boring to me. I was thinking of getting it wrapped in a bright colour, either Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green), or a matte metallic red.

Does anyone know who in Mumbai can carry out this work for me? Price is not a factor, and I want only the best, highest quality wrap.

Also does anyone know anything about the maintenance of the wrap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saarth (Post 3524067)
I have owned my Space Grey Z4 for a year now, and its starting to look a little boring to me. I was thinking of getting it wrapped in a bright colour, either Verde Ithaca (Lamborghini Green), or a matte metallic red.

Does anyone know who in Mumbai can carry out this work for me? Price is not a factor, and I want only the best, highest quality wrap.

Also does anyone know anything about the maintenance of the wrap?

As far as I am aware, D.A.D is your answer. Heard they are the best in Mumbai and handle premium cars usually.
The owner's Daljeet Mehta.

Saarth, You can visit the website of PRS Permacel Pvt Ltd. They had launched car wrapping few years back...not sure if they still are doing it. They have office in Mumbai. You will find all the required information regarding contact details on website

You can contact Yogen - 9819000552 from http://www.platinumauto.in/ they do wraps from wrap me up.

He recently did a chameleon wrap on an E Class. Good job too.

Who does Vinyl body wrapping in Kochi, Kerala? Do they custom design the wraps or do we need to provide the design?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 3524297)
You can contact Yogen - 9819000552 from http://www.platinumauto.in/ they do wraps from wrap me up.

He recently did a chameleon wrap on an E Class. Good job too.

Thanks for the tip on Yogen. Just used him last week for a Gloss Black Roof Wrap on my Polo GTi. He was super courteous, quick and professional : )!

A XUV wrapped (partly) in gold !

About Vinyl Wraps-20141005_112346.jpg

Guys,

After trawling through the web, and spending countless hours lusting after various matte paint jobs/vinyls and plasti-dip finishes, I have come to the following conclusion.

Vinyl Wraps > Paint > Plasti-dip.

I have my eyes set on a Matte Grey Vinyl wrap for my dark metallic grey Fortuner.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find one guy in Kolkata, who would be able to do this for me.

Any help? I promise to buy a beer to the maahaan individual who can point me in the right direction. :Frustrati

Thanks,

- NuclioManiac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac (Post 3597703)
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find one guy in Kolkata, who would be able to do this for me.

Any help? I promise to buy a beer to the maahaan individual who can point me in the right direction. :Frustrati

Contact D.A.D from Bombay or Retro Rraps from Delhi for the wrap.
They are the best in the business and they fly down their team to other cities to work on outstation cars incase the owner is not interested in sending the car down.

Well, you can keep the beer for yourself to gulp down once you are happy with the work done.

Vinyl wraps on my swift done recently

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sridhar K (Post 3602174)
Vinyl wraps on my swift done recently

Where did you get it done in Chennai?
What was the cost to do only the roof.
3M Nungambakkam has quoted Rs290 per square ft., costing about 3-4K just for roof. Is there any others who do a good job in Chennai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 3606017)
Where did you get it done in Chennai?
What was the cost to do only the roof.
3M Nungambakkam has quoted Rs290 per square ft., costing about 3-4K just for roof. Is there any others who do a good job in Chennai?

Modern Beauty Cars Chennai!
They have 3M too and pretty good quality. Tanuj Gaind is the owner.
You can tell him Utsav Batra(Canvas Ink) from Delhi referred him :)
He will ensure good quality work is done! :thumbs up