Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 18:43   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Where is this place and how much are they charging for a roof wrap?
This is Bamboo Bazaar road in Shivajinagar. The lane with all the car mechanics. Quite a landmark area in the old days. They use McCal wraps and it is a very good product. The bonnet wrap stayed on my car for 6-7 months with no issues and the reason i got it redone was to match the roof. The owner was kind enough to stay open on Sunday to do the work for me.

I have pm'ed the rates to you.
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 14:10   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
This is Bamboo Bazaar road in Shivajinagar. The lane with all the car mechanics. Quite a landmark area in the old days. They use McCal wraps and it is a very good product. The bonnet wrap stayed on my car for 6-7 months with no issues and the reason i got it redone was to match the roof. The owner was kind enough to stay open on Sunday to do the work for me.

I have pm'ed the rates to you.
Thanks for the info. I'd like to know the rates too. And how long does the vinyl job last?

I am about to take delivery of a white Hyundai I20 elite, and am planning to get a black roof. The dealer (Garve Hyundai) is offering this at some 11000 (I am sure he will negotiate on this). I have no idea whether this is a good or a bad deal. Looking around and just started exploring this thread.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:50   #183
BHPian

blue or orange for my Jetta
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-233e.png  

About Vinyl Wraps-12242011282.jpg  

Old 10th July 2015, 12:00   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshumodi View Post
Thanks for the info. I'd like to know the rates too. And how long does the vinyl job last?

I am about to take delivery of a white Hyundai I20 elite, and am planning to get a black roof. The dealer (Garve Hyundai) is offering this at some 11000 (I am sure he will negotiate on this). I have no idea whether this is a good or a bad deal. Looking around and just started exploring this thread.
The vinyl job on my bonnet lasted till I wanted to peel it off and match it with the roof. The product is definitely durable considering it lasted through the heavy monsoons in Bangalore during April and May this year. It would cost approximately 1/5th of what Garve Hyundai are charging you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvigneshbhasker
I vote for blue.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 12:24   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvigneshbhasker View Post
Orange would be my pick. Definitely looks more aggressive than the pleasant look of blue.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:35   #186
BHPian

Me too voting for orange. It suits more with the black alloys. Blue has some washed out appearance. BTW, did u get a quote for the same?
Old 12th July 2015, 21:46   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshumodi View Post

Wooow!!!!, 11k for a roof job. Seriously you can get it done a lot cheaper outside, my friend got it done for 2.5k and his roof vinyl is now almost 6 months old, no issues at all. I don't think its gonna come off any time soon. At this rate you can get it done 4 times and still save some money. I don't think car dealers have any special expertise anyways, then why go to them.
frewper is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 14:13   #188
BHPian

My VW Vento with some mods

June 2014
We're looking for a new car this car would be the 2nd car in the family after my moms Laura and Chauffeur driven 90% of the time. It would be used by me mostly in the city. I originally wanted the Verna (because of its many features) and remember arguing for hours with my mom to get the Verna instead of the Vento. I'm glad she didn't listen :P .

Why not the Polo, you are wondering? I quite liked the 1.6 GT TDI, but there were a couple of reasons why we chose the Vento over the GT. Firstly, the car was going to be driven by our driver, since I can't drive & secondly, the facelifted Polo launch was just around the corner. So we didn't want a car that would be called 'old' in just a year or so.

The day we got the car
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436947609.776613.jpg

I left the car exactly the way I got it for month or so. At the most, I thought I'd do then was get the GTI grille and wrap the roof black.
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436947823.457989.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436947869.526177.jpg

But then, the bug bit me and I wanted to mod my car even more. Luckily Daljit Mehta, the owner of DA Designs, Mumbai is good friend and I left the car to him. I told him to do whatever he thought would be nice and he did a very good job indeed.
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948094.613366.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948139.732724.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948225.056691.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948267.527084.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948346.216629.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948375.770120.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948488.312219.jpg

For a few months, I lost interest and only added some minor details like a rubber lip at the front and new plates. Come December 2014, I once again felt like doing something more to the car - something big. I decided I wanted a full wrap. But sadly, my mom wasn't happy with the idea of changing the entire car's colour et al. Come May, I had worked hard and got good grades. So my mom finally agreed (after a lot of convincing about how it won't affect the current paint et al).
So once again, I turned to DA Designs. I told them I wanted to wrap the car in matte black and they did the rest .
This is how I got it back
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436948991.121887.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949063.377445.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949099.781026.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949177.704969.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949204.209494.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949233.092558.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949278.129309.jpg
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436949309.615301.jpg

What's next ?
Well all the chrome has to be taken care of. Red detailing in bits and places. The car is still under warranty. So once that's done, I'm planning on lowering it and adding GTI style headlamps.

Planning on getting the 2015 Vento tail lamps fitted from the dealer. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I really like them. Detail all the plastic bits and bobs, get rid of the irritating nimbu-mirchi (mom tells my driver put them on), get rid of the horrible seat covers (interiors are stock except the seat covers and a steering cover, since my driver has the habit of chewing tobacco or something which makes the steering sticky).

Why no perfomance / audio mods ?
I'm not much of an audio guy. The HU & speakers from the factory are pretty good - I'm happy with them. The perfomance mods begin next year - when I get my licence.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2015 at 12:20. Reason: Adding spacing and punctuation for better readability.
Ferrariwell is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:58   #189
BHPian

Re: My VW Vento with some mods

Following your mods and the wrap , the car has come out perfect. Lovely finish. Waiting for the lamps and lowering
Old 15th July 2015, 16:09   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks stunning with that full wrap. Nice work.

Curiosity Question: The car would have been registered as a white car with the RTO. Now it is black. Is there a legal aspect involved?
Old 15th July 2015, 16:15   #191
BHPian

Exactly what I was thinking when reading through this. The color of the car is noted in your RC and now it is different. So there is a violation here as far as I understand. Does anyone know?

Last edited by sudeepg : 15th July 2015 at 16:16. Reason: Wrong punctuation
Old 15th July 2015, 16:26   #192
BHPian

Tasteful mods. I'd have left the matte black out, if I were you, but still a very nice job!
Old 15th July 2015, 16:27   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

The car would have been registered as a white car with the RTO. Now it is black. Is there a legal aspect involved?
I think there is no legal involved in this as the wraps come under vehicle livery / stickers. As it take can be taken off easily, and technically there is no repaint.

However, one might have a tough time explaining to random car checks by cops (if they raise the issue at all) and entails people with wrapped cars ripping a minute part of the wrap from an inconspicuous area.
Distant Second is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 18:17   #194
vdm
BHPian

The mods are very tastefully done. Did you change the alloys after wrapping the car in Matt black? Just saw different set of alloys in black before wrapping. How much did it cost to do the wrapping?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th July 2015 at 20:14. Reason: Typo.
Old 16th July 2015, 00:15   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Following your mods and the wrap , the car has come out perfect. Lovely finish. Waiting for the lamps and lowering
Thank you Utsav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Looks stunning with that full wrap. Nice work.

Curiosity Question: The car would have been registered as a white car with the RTO. Now it is black. Is there a legal aspect involved?
Thank you. It doesn't need to be changed on the RC book because it's just a sticker and can be peeled off at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Exactly what I was thinking when reading through this. The color of the car is noted in your RC and now it is different. So there is a violation here as far as I understand. Does anyone know?
It's not a violation my friend who's also wrapped his car in matte black knows someone at the RTO and they told him that it's not a violation please refer to the vinyl wrap thread to get more details

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Tasteful mods. I'd have left the matte black out, if I were you, but still a very nice job!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Second View Post
I think there is no legal involved in this as the wraps come under vehicle livery / stickers. As it take can be taken off easily, and technically there is no repaint.

However, one might have a tough time explaining to random car checks by cops (if they raise the issue at all) and entails people with wrapped cars ripping a minute part of the wrap from an inconspicuous area.
Exactly ! I've never been caught though. And it's not like I've been stopped at nakabandis (just as a routine check) but the cops have never said anything about the wrap & if they do that's exactly what I'll do I'll open the trunk and a peel a bit of the excess wrap off

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
The mods are very tastefully done. Did you change the alloys after wrapping the car in Matt black? Just saw different set of alloys in black before wrapping. How much did it cost to do the wrapping?
Thank you yes the black wheels were the stock 15' wheels. I had ordered for the wheels a long time ago and they came a few days before I got the car wrapped

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks