Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2018, 14:53   #271
BHPian

About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh1909 View Post
Hi Folks,
I'm planning to wrap my i20 roof in gloss black. Any suggestions for shops in Chennai?

Nothing fancy (3M quoted 8k).

Thanks in advance!
Please try Dhana stickers @ Maduravoyal. I had my bonnet fully wrapped along with partial block lines to the roof running down to the trunk. Addl. had my son's name etched in the roof in a design. All credits to Dhana who does these jobs with ease all alone. Costed 5K.

Bonnet
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1542014682.980482.jpg

Roof (Pic taken when at his facility)
About Vinyl Wraps-imageuploadedbyteambhp1542014738.359998.jpg

Last edited by dre@ms : 12th November 2018 at 14:59.
dre@ms is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 17:28   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Please try Dhana stickers @ Maduravoyal. I had my bonnet fully wrapped along with partial block lines to the roof running down to the trunk. Addl. had my son's name etched in the roof in a design. All credits to Dhana who does these jobs with ease all alone. Costed 5K.
Sorry, but I had a terrible time dealing with him earlier this year. Totally non professional, as he arrived one hour later than the time he asked me to come at, and I had to sit outside his locked shop on my bike. I went there three days after sending him images of what I want to get done, and after discussing with him over phone about the images and the plan I have in mind for my bike.

After arriving one hour late, he comes in and asks what I want to get done. I explained the plan once again, he sees the images once again and says he does not have the vinyls required for the job - This is after paying Rs. 500 as advance 3 days ago when I visited his shop!

After lots of discussion on the shop floor, he kept saying just one thing - leave the bike to me, I will have it wrapped completely for a 'sporty look' and the images he showed me were all too brash for my taste. I had a much simpler plan, and he kept saying what I have planned wont look nice, wont look different, will look like OEM design, blah blah blah. Just as we were discussing, he lost interest when a customer wanted a roof wrap for his car.

Then I had to stand for an hour more, just to get few random stickers worth Rs. 500, as he wouldn't refund the advance amount I had paid. Wasted few hours, ruined my weekend mood and returned home disappointed.

Please visit only of you have no idea for your car of your own, and if you are ready to experiment his ideas on your car and then pay up for his work.

Quality of work - 4/5
Flexibility - 1/5
Keeping his word - 0/5
Professionalism - 0/5

aravind.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 11:14   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Sorry that your experience was so bitter. Infact mine was on the same lines too. I didnt create a big fuss about it since it was a unplanned one. Reached his shop on a sunny saturday morning and had to wait outside his garage for more than 30 min. I had no ideas in mind and whatever he showed was a full body wrap which I wasnt interested. Finally settled for whatever posted in above snap, paid the full amount in advance and left for lunch. After an hour or two got a call that the wraps are procured and was completed in an hour.

Some honest observations are,
He has some loyal customers who are addressed first, even if it is for a chota mota work (I could see people thronging his garage for some or the other sticker/wrap work)
Highly interested in full body wraps rather than bits and pieces
Inclined towards superbikes and premium cars

I am still recommending him only for his quality of work, but when it comes to wait times and professionalism, he is a strict NO NO.
dre@ms is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 00:07   #274
BHPian

Wrapped my i20's roof today at MBC Royapettah (Opp to Sathyam main), paid 5.5k. They did a good job.
Roof + mirrors

About Vinyl Wraps-whatsapp-image-20181111-22.54.55.jpeg

About Vinyl Wraps-whatsapp-image-20181111-22.55.15-1.jpeg

About Vinyl Wraps-whatsapp-image-20181111-22.55.15.jpeg

About Vinyl Wraps-whatsapp-image-20181111-15.26.59-1.jpeg

Last edited by satheesh1909 : 14th November 2018 at 00:13.
satheesh1909 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 00:15   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post

Bonnet
Attachment 1817507

Roof (Pic taken when at his facility)
Attachment 1817508
The roof looks stunning!
satheesh1909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 21:43   #276
BHPian

Can a matt finish paint be wrapped?
I have a matt grey CBR, but am petrified of the scratches that might come due to regular use. (read : Parking in public space )
Specially on the tank.

I want to do a PPF coating rather than any other colour as I really love the colour combination on the bike, Grey with Lava Orange.

Only thing I can think of is that the matt finish may become glossy after the PPF coating, for which I am fine with.

Is it advisable to PPF coat a matt finish?
Any other consequences of coating a matt finish?
Old 6th December 2018, 23:25   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Can a matt finish paint be wrapped?

Is it advisable to PPF coat a matt finish?
Any other consequences of coating a matt finish?

You get satin PPF now, maybe you could try that out. Gloss PPF will definitely give the matt paint a weird shine.
Not too sure about the consequences of wrapping a matt surface.
Old 9th January 2019, 06:13   #278
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Saw this Jazz yesterday with a black roof wrap mostly installed by the dealer. Looked quite nice if you ask me. I think it also resembles a Volvo XC40 from the rear.

Apologies for the poor quality, pic shot on my smartphone.

About Vinyl Wraps-img_20190109_061057.jpg
Old 9th January 2019, 10:31   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
No it isn't.

Any modifications which aren't mentioned by car's RC are illegal. E.g. your car's RC mention the car's color as silver but you wrap it in black then it's illegal.

I guess wrapping a car in another color is legal but painting isn't. For getting the car painted in another color, the RTO must be notified.
Old 9th January 2019, 12:06   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I guess wrapping a car in another color is legal but painting isn't. For getting the car painted in another color, the RTO must be notified.
if you look at it from the legal point of view, changing the appearance of the car without notifying RTO is illegal. But wrapping the car is a reversible process and there us a possibility of getting it reversed before the RTO calls you for an inspection.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:28   #281
BHPian

I was thinking about getting my Fiesta 1.6 S repainted from Paprika Red to Aquarius Blue, but highly dubious about finding a good painter, who can handover me a word of trust in perfectly executing it. People have suggested me to go for a full wrap, which I'm still tentative about.

Since I'll be in my hometown for two weeks, can someone recommend me a few wrapping studios in Kerala to whom I may approach to.?
Old 12th April 2019, 19:19   #282

I am planning to wrap my C class glossy black with Satin black and chrome delete everything with glossy wrap/paint. My query is what do I do with my diamond grille which is chrome too. Will a glossy black painted diamond grille look good on a satin black wrapped car? Confused... Suggestions please.
Old 2nd May 2019, 22:27   #283
BHPian

Wrappin’ my Rapid?

Hello all, decided to finally give our Skoda Rapid (2014) a lil makeover. She hasn’t been used much over the past 5 years- only 23k odd kilometres (will cover details in another post). Here are the few basic cosmetic upgrades (3m wraps) on the bucket list:
Ours being a base model Cappucino Beige, their really aren’t any colours that’d contrast well.
~ Gloss Black wrap on the single chrome strip on the front.
~ Gloss Black wrap on the roof of the car. This would probably go well with the gloss black, company fitted B-pillar “tape”, whatever it is (look it up).
~ Gloss black tape on Matte black ORVMS and door handles- This is what I’m concerned about. Heard that vinyl wraps don’t do well with plastic and/or rougher surfaces. I wanted to wrap the mirrors and door handles Gloss black since matte looks horrible on a car like this. Need opinions here.
~ Gloss Black or Black Spray paint can for the simple looking wheel covers- don’t plan to change the stock 14” Acceleres to 15” any time soon
Nostalgic3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 23:52   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc² View Post
I was thinking about getting my Fiesta 1.6 S repainted from Paprika Red to Aquarius Blue.?
Did you get your Fizz painted or wrapped ? If you did, give us the details and pictures too.
Old 2nd May 2019, 23:54   #285
BHPian

I have some very basic queries regarding wrapping-
1. Does wrapping affects car's body colour? If I wish to unwrap my car later on, will that be possible? Or will the adhesive damage my car's original colour.

2. Does wrapping affects in keeping the car cool? Will wrapping the roof of my car in glossy/matte black make my car hot when kept under sun?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks