Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 19:39   #1
BHPian

As some people know I moved back to the states a year and a half back as I got a good job oppurtunity I couldnt pass up. I did my time there had fun and now I am back in mumbai. Upon my return I needed a vehicle real bad. My dad has a new auto fortuner and a new innova for my use but I needed something more enthusiastic. Keep in mind My parents sold my A4 after I left as well.
I contacted karan shah at ks motorsports and told him I needed a nice project car. We came accross some lancer evo convertions but I didnt like any I saw.
Then I came across this special car.

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image3340132102.jpg

2000 evo 6. What makes this one more special than the other lancers converted into evos is that this is a imported one from thailand (only imported evo 6 as far as we know in india) which gives it full aluminum suspension and also makes it a true import so i wont have legal issues. This is a project as you can see and i will keep updating you guys with pics.

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image1493315154.jpg

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image3548748452.jpg

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image2656095863.jpg

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image3695068104.jpg

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image3719523380.jpg

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image3737711695.jpg

A close up pic of the legendary 4g63 engine!

A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6-image3016545657.jpg

The mitsubishi claims the car makes 280hp to the crank, upon doing some research on evom and some other evo related forums this car has about 295-300hp to the crank because people dyno at 260-270 to o
the wheels. Mitsubishi underated it because of insurance purposes and with a amazing power to weight ratio the insurance companies think its a unsafe car. The current go fast mods are:upgraded free flowing exhaust manifold (which should help the turbo spool faster), stainless steel catless downpipe, hks hi power exhaust, upgraded cam gears from a evo 8 which makes it reliable and makes good power, and a nice tune to help support the mods. The mods should make it have about 280-290 awhp which prolly makes the car have 320-330hp to the crank.

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2013 at 21:17. Reason: Adding your engine post to the opening post
i<3turbo is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 00:31   #2
BHPian

Re: I don't want to call this a vintage but definately a rally classic legend!

Car is getting some overnight parts from japan and then getting painted fully.
i<3turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 03:25   #3
BHPian

Re: I don't want to call this a vintage but definately a rally classic legend!

Wow! Big big congratulations on your acquisition, turbo!

Give us some more details regarding the history of the car and why the previous owner had almost abandoned her like that! This one is gonna be a very exciting project/thread; will be closely following this!

Btw, what's the scene with the different alloys in the WIP pictures?
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 07:15   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Wow! Big big congratulations on your acquisition, turbo!

Give us some more details regarding the history of the car and why the previous owner had almost abandoned her like that! This one is gonna be a very exciting project/thread; will be closely following this!

Btw, what's the scene with the different alloys in the WIP pictures?
Good eye my friend. Those are evo 5 wheels. Those are temporary wheels to get the car moving. Myevo 6 wheels needed new tires and needed to be re painted. The reason why this car is abandoned is because of only one reason why there would be distance between man and his machine. Marriage... His wife hates it.
i<3turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Re: I don't want to call this a vintage but definately a rally classic legend! (EVO 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Sounds like an interesting project.

But, how is it that the car has one set of alloys in the first pic and a different set when it reaches the garage?
The car got flatbed towed to the workshop because it needed new tires. The evo 5 wheels are from the shop ks put on to drive the car around and get it moving while I gotnew tires.
i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 14:03   #6
BHPian

Re: A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
. The reason why this car is abandoned is because of only one reason why there would be distance between man and his machine. Marriage... His wife hates it.
Hmm..i would have abandoned the wife lovely car btw, how expensive is it to maintain one of these? Manageable by an average joe like me or in the league of a merc or a bimmer?
howler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 14:05   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The EVO6 is:

- The Best EVO ever

- The purest. Minimal electronics, 100% driving feel

- Hands down the best looking of all EVO generations.

This is an outstanding project car and you are truly lucky to get your hands on the beast. If I were you, I'd just focus on getting her back to pristine + stock condition. It's more than quick in stock form. My focus would be mechanical perfection over modifying to chase horsepower.

Quote:
only imported evo 6 as far as we know in india
I can't ever forget the first day I saw 9009 being ripped. Link.

GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 14:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post

Hmm..i would have abandoned the wife lovely car btw, how expensive is it to maintain one of these? Manageable by an average joe like me or in the league of a merc or a bimmer?
The only maintanence i have to worry about is brake pads, tires, and clutches if you ruin them quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The EVO6 is:

- The Best EVO ever

- The purest. Minimal electronics, 100% driving feel

- Hands down the best looking of all EVO generations.

This is an outstanding project car and you are truly lucky to get your hands on the beast. If I were you, I'd just focus on getting her back to pristine + stock condition. It's more than quick in stock form. My focus would be mechanical perfection over modifying to chase horsepower.

I can't ever forget the first day I saw 9009 being ripped. Link.
Yeah its getting fully refurbished. Im spending another 2lacs on that it self. Is 9009 still here in india? And i agree ask any evo enthusiast the 6 is the best.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th January 2013 at 14:23.
i<3turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 14:38   #9
BHPian

Best of luck for this! Should be a gem when its back in all its glory. Keep this tread updated! Added to my subscriptions.
mango_pal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 15:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Best of luck for this! Should be a gem when its back in all its glory. Keep this tread updated! Added to my subscriptions.
Yea I definately will take some pics and keep you guys updated.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Yea I definately will take some pics and keep you guys updated.
wow ! this sounds like a really exciting project. Wish you all the best buddy. We will be following your posts closely
ijeff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 16:05   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We came accross some lancer evo convertions but I didnt like any I saw. Then I came across this special car.
Congrats man!!

I have been seeing this car every month since Feb 2009. However, in the last few months i noticed it hadn't been running and the tyres were flat.

I always wondered what was wrong, and what would happen to it. Glad to see a BHPian picked it up

I had posted a pic here when i first saw it : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1167749

Quote:
What makes this one more special than the other lancers converted into evos is that this is a imported one from thailand (only imported evo 6 as far as we know in india)
I'm fairly certain I was told that this was not a full import. Also, there are several "real" EVO 6s in India. Kunal Kapoor's is one. There's even a TME down south somewhere. Anyway, this doesn't make your car any less special

Quote:
...getting painted fully.
What colour?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 17:01   #13
BHPian

Lovely!! Glued to this thread now.

To be honest, I mistook the first pic for a standard Lancer with an EVO kit. Then I scrolled down...
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 17:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

One of my all time favorite cars. The 6.5 is the ultimate rally evo for the road. Officially evo 6 tomi Makkinen edition.

If you don't mind, what did the car cost. Am trying to figure out what I need to save up to get myself an evo. Do not want a converted lancer as you will miss out on a lot of the finer details that make evo's special
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 20:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
wow ! this sounds like a really exciting project. Wish you all the best buddy. We will be following your posts closely
Thanks buddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Congrats man!!

I have been seeing this car every month since Feb 2009. However, in the last few months i noticed it hadn't been running and the tyres were flat.

I always wondered what was wrong, and what would happen to it. Glad to see a BHPian picked it up

I had posted a pic here when i first saw it : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post1167749

I'm fairly certain I was told that this was not a full import. Also, there are several "real" EVO 6s in India. Kunal Kapoor's is one. There's even a TME down south somewhere. Anyway, this doesn't make your car any less special

What colour?

cya
R
It is not the one you posted bro. The one you posted is not even a evo, its a lancer with a evo kit. As you can see in the pics you posted the exhaust is on the left side exiting the rear bumper. I know my car is an import because my rc card even says it, "LMVIMP"..
and i am keeping her white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Lovely!! Glued to this thread now.

To be honest, I mistook the first pic for a standard Lancer with an EVO kit. Then I scrolled down...
I will be here for the entertainment stay tuned. And thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
One of my all time favorite cars. The 6.5 is the ultimate rally evo for the road. Officially evo 6 tomi Makkinen edition.

If you don't mind, what did the car cost. Am trying to figure out what I need to save up to get myself an evo. Do not want a converted lancer as you will miss out on a lot of the finer details that make evo's special
Thanks buddy. And to get your self a decent evo 6 would cost you about 14 lacs. Too bad ks doesnt do the convertion any more which makes these cars even more rare. 95% of all evos that are 4-5-6 models are all convertions. But dont worry you really dont miss out on anything over a real jdm import. The only difference is that the inport you pay duties and you get full aluminum suspension components.

Last edited by i<3turbo : 10th January 2013 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks