Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 17:08   #1

modifications for palio 1.6

Hi everybody,
Got a 1.6 palio and would like to port and polish the cylinder head, put koni shocks and a high lift cam . Anybody who can give me some inputs on this , where i can get this done, anybody else out there who has already done this ?
Old 9th May 2006, 23:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey prancinghorse firstly a nice choice of car.

Now i would like to ask you whether you want performance or any other thing? Since you are in Mumbai why dont you call up Four Seasons and ask them about Koni Shocks as they are the official dealer out here.

Porting and polishing will require change of head gasket and all and for this you need a very professional portter to do it. Will take from 2 days to a week depending on who is doing it.

Buttt i would recomend you to go for a K n N filter. Free Flow Exhaust before you go for porting. There is loads of things possible for the 1.6 butttt depends on what you want and whats your budget. Hope this helps. Even i am planing to go in for something like that butttttt yet to find a good Palio GTX.
Old 10th May 2006, 10:56   #3

HEY busa,
thanks alot. well i have already put headers, a free flow exhaust, and a k&n air filter. i plan to get my porting and polishing work done from a guy by the name of mahesh pawle in shivaji park, dadar, mumbai. I will contact four seasons for the konis. thanks for that info. i have been looking all over for konis for my palio.
I bought my palio in 2002 jan and even paid a premium to get the car delivered early. I JUST LOVE THE POWER AND HANDLING OF THE CAR. I mean for the price its awesome. Now since i will never get a decent price for the car i plan to keep it and just use it on weekends to travel outstation therefore i want to pep it up. I don't mind shelling out another lakh or so for this. Makes more sense than buying a 10 lakh plus car for the same performance!!! WANT TO ALSO PUT HIGH LIFT CAMS BUT I KNOW IT WILL THEN BE TOTALLY UNDRIVEABLE IN THE CITY.
thanks
Old 10th May 2006, 11:38   #4
BHPian

check out this site,www.*************.com. its got good info on various high lift cams by piper.these guys are based in dadar.
Old 10th May 2006, 11:41   #5
BHPian

sorry,that *************
Old 10th May 2006, 13:05   #6
BHPian

after all that MODS ...
what FE is the car is giving you..
Old 10th May 2006, 13:10   #7

With just the free flow and k&n airfilter i get a mileage of 5.5 to 6 km per ltr if i go from bombay to pune on the expressway full blast.( Throttle floored all the way and pulling upto redline in each gear) Otherwise i must be getting around 9-10 normally. Actually i never really checked as it would really not be the best idea to buy the palio 1.6 for the mileage.
Old 10th May 2006, 13:18   #8
BHPian

thats good...
what was the max speed you acheaved with this car...

i had a Nissan Bluebird 1.8...
normal driving it use to give me 6-8Km 60% AC
if i keep it rip it...
the worst millage on a tank full i got was 4.5Kmpl... 60% AC...
Old 10th May 2006, 16:38   #9

The max speed i can touch is 190km/h (as shown on speedo) on the Bombay-Pune expressway on a slight downward inclined road. Otherwise 180 km/h (as shown on speedo)
Old 10th May 2006, 17:43   #10
BHPian

Hey prancinghorse, since you’ve got the basic mods like the freeflow, headers, K&N filter etc, you need to now focus on the weight issue of the Palio, I love the car and see loads of potential in it as a weekend street performance car, was planning to buy one in 2003

The main issue is the weight……drop the weight and increase the power to weight ratio!!!
  • Unsprung weight, i.e.: Wheels and tires, suspension [KONI] etc
  • Sprung weight, you could shed a few kilos by getting a set of Recaro/Sparco seats!!!!

Last edited by Edmund : 10th May 2006 at 17:44.
Old 10th May 2006, 22:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancinghorse
With just the free flow and k&n airfilter i get a mileage of 5.5 to 6 km per ltr if i go from bombay to pune on the expressway full blast.( Throttle floored all the way and pulling upto redline in each gear) Otherwise i must be getting around 9-10 normally. Actually i never really checked as it would really not be the best idea to buy the palio 1.6 for the mileage.
Nice driving dude! Keep it up.....Your post is giving me all wicked idea's. What Edmund says makes a lot of sense. You should try to reduce the weight. Keep us updated on what you do to your car.

Most Viewed