Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 20:14   #1
BHPian

help !!! My mirrors

I am writing this because since the last two months i have lost six pairs of side mirrors.....
First it was just the glasses that were disappearing than i found out a metal casing to stop people stealing the glasses ,thought this was a great IDEA !!! but Now the whole mirror goes hahahha....why me??? hahahaha.. does anyone know of some detachable mirror (my wife's idea) so that we can take it home at night .
i think a detachable mirror will sell well in a market like ours,because i see a lot of car with no mirrors.
Old 12th May 2006, 23:47   #2
BHPian

You're not alone bhai...! Delhi has its fair share of lousy chor gangs...who take pleasure in stealing the side mirrors assembly...You are lucky that it might have been the first time someone stole your side mirror assembly...! But I have lost in total 4 Pairs..!

2001-2002 - Stolen Right outside my previous home in nehru enclave ( That too right in front of the Nehru Place Flyover)

2002-2003 - Ripped out from my dad's office in National Park Lajpat Nagar.

2) Few months later- Car was parked near 3C's around 11:PM went to dinner...came out No contractor only my car and damage

2004-2005 - Mirror stolen off Dabur's Parking in IP..! Contractor paid for damages

Just avoid places where there are no shops close by...Infact the best method is that..When I was in college, The Pan wala used to take care of the car,,,In return used to buy my Cigs from him...!
I'use that method anywhere...It works...!

There is No way to save yourself from the mirror loss...It happens and will happen..For a Lancer owner like myself its a Rs.7000 plus job each time ( Thank god the price reduced for the part- earlier it was 11,000)
Old 13th May 2006, 00:44   #3
BHPian

I am dying for someone to steal my mirrors,
coz I want to upgrade to body coloured ones, dad is saying no.
Old 13th May 2006, 01:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can really do anything about those mirrors. Dont some autocop models come with motion sensors? Those would be helpful in your case.

Drifter
Old 13th May 2006, 20:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
You can really do anything about those mirrors.
Drifter
Why only mirrors. A friend of mine who owns a Sumo Victa Top end model lost his Stepney Cover ( like the Dicor),the entire disc along with the Bridgestone tyre and all the 4 hub caps. Total loss Rs. 4000+4200+ 530 for each Hub cover. Imagine the poor guys state, especially when he was away in an unknown town. It could happen to anybody. I have a feeling that this guy would have rubbed the wrong side of some local fellow.

I reside next to play park and my car has been scratched several times. I have now befriended these pranksters by giving them incentive like Chocolates, Tennis ***** and shuttle cocks. So far so good. We are all helpless here and the best thing is to pray and keep your fingers crossed.

So long....
Old 13th May 2006, 22:29   #6
BHPian

You're not alone bhai...! Delhi has its fair share of lousy chor gangs...who take pleasure in stealing the side mirrors assembly...You are lucky that it might have been the first time someone stole your side mirror assembly...! But I have lost in total 4 Pairs..! - wolfinstein

Not very lucky i Guess !! coz its 6 pairs of complete assembly ......and some glasses here and there hahahahaha... i just heard that you can get motorized ones for Rs 500 somewhere in old delhi...planning to go for those ones and try it out once i find out where i can get them

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
why can't you just color it from some body shop? it won't cost you much....Trust me it's not nice to find out your mirrors are gone.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th May 2006 at 03:21.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Why do wish that your mirrors are stolen for that. Get the same ones painted. Take my advise. Don't paint them to body colour. I know they give a good look to your car but don't forget they are the ones that hit any object first because these are the ones that are jutting out the most.

Its a lot easier to replace plain mirrors than those that are coloured. I recently got my Rh mirror painted BY ASC. It cost me 450 bucks for a mirror worth 800. If you still want to get them painted, get 2 sets done because the spare one will come handy and can be replaced almost immediately.

It is very important to get the mirrors painted at the ASC because they are made of Plastic and need a coat of sealer paint before the actual painting process begins. In tha absence of these sealer coat the paint tends to flake off, when the vehicle is washed with high pressure water at the service station. I am sure you would have noticed this in the Bumpers off many cars.

God bless.
Old 14th May 2006, 23:04   #8
ECM
BHPian

I consider you lucky and I give u one example of my friend who had a terrible experence of such gang.
He went to see a drama in one auditorium and could not find parking so he parked his Omni out of that auditorium just near to one bank in the night time.When comming back at 12:30 in night he sitted in his car and put it in gear but car was not moving.He wondered what is wrong.After 5 minutes he realised that his 2 rear wheels are missing and someone put 2 big stones with the help of a jack and raised the car in air!! Can u belive this !??After that he always hire a taxi and go to cinema/drama.
Old 14th May 2006, 23:43   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer
Why do wish that your mirrors are stolen for that. Get the same ones painted. Take my advise. Don't paint them to body colour. I know they give a good look to your car but don't forget they are the ones that hit any object first because these are the ones that are jutting out the most.

Its a lot easier to replace plain mirrors than those that are coloured. I recently got my Rh mirror painted BY ASC. It cost me 450 bucks for a mirror worth 800. If you still want to get them painted, get 2 sets done because the spare one will come handy and can be replaced almost immediately.

It is very important to get the mirrors painted at the ASC because they are made of Plastic and need a coat of sealer paint before the actual painting process begins. In tha absence of these sealer coat the paint tends to flake off, when the vehicle is washed with high pressure water at the service station. I am sure you would have noticed this in the Bumpers off many cars.

God bless.
but still, paint is paint...
OE body coloured mirrors wud be better...

btw I want to replace not only mirrors, but also door handles+ side rubber flaps..

ASC quoted me a complete change of these parts to BC ones for 3100/-
Old 15th May 2006, 13:37   #10
BHPian

Just saw this thread while I am feeling blue for the same reason!!

My side mirror got stolen last night in Bangalore when I parked and went to watch a cultural program in Chamrajpet. The car was parked in well-lit area and there was police all around because of Governor's presence at the same function.

Still the mirror got stolen.. It is crazy.. I am not clear how much money they will get for that mirror.. Now I am thinking whether I should replace them or keep it the same way.. It looks downright ugly :(.

Luckily, I removed the stereo and took it with me.. Otherwise, I am sure I would have lost that..
Old 16th May 2006, 00:27   #11
BHPian

@ Dr.Chill..!

Well if only goods from old delhi could fit so well, then what was the complain, BTW the more you promote those mirrors from Old delhi area ( Excluding Genuine Shops) The more mirrors will be stolen...Old Delhi is famous for having all ripped of stuff...I just can't manage to that...!

Motorised Mirrors, If you mean the ones which have an Internal adjustment...Well thats the one I have on the Lancer...!

Their is a new mirror in the Cedia- Which has electronic spring which folds the mirror when you switch the ignition off...But guess thats also not safe...The service manager showed me a week old cedia getting the mirror assembly changed...The Chor simply managed to slip a crow bar and rip it off..! Auto Cop was installed too...These things don't work...!

It's upto the general public, stop buying ripped parts/mirrors..just to save your pocket you're costing someone else...!
Old 16th May 2006, 00:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
It's upto the general public, stop buying ripped parts/mirrors..just to save your pocket you're costing someone else...!
... YOu have your Culprit right there!!... No supply without demand!!
Old 16th May 2006, 01:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont some autocop models come with motion sensors? Those would be helpful in your case.
U can adjust the sensitivity in this model.
Best remedy.
Old 21st May 2006, 16:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
@ Dr.Chill..!

Well if only goods from old delhi could fit so well, then what was the complain, BTW the more you promote those mirrors from Old delhi area ( Excluding Genuine Shops) The more mirrors will be stolen...Old Delhi is famous for having all ripped of stuff...I just can't manage to that...!

Motorised Mirrors, If you mean the ones which have an Internal adjustment...Well thats the one I have on the Lancer...!

Their is a new mirror in the Cedia- Which has electronic spring which folds the mirror when you switch the ignition off...But guess thats also not safe...The service manager showed me a week old cedia getting the mirror assembly changed...The Chor simply managed to slip a crow bar and rip it off..! Auto Cop was installed too...These things don't work...!

Well !!!Its was just a thought ....coz its hard to drive around Delhi without side mirrors....and i can't afford any more side mirrors.hahahahaha they are easy to be stolen ..GUESS IT"S like leaving "CASH" on your bonnet with a stone on it ....COZ IT's THAT EASY TO LOOSE A MIRROR..
Old 22nd May 2006, 00:03   #15
BANNED

This is really bad! Worst!!!

You guys should be feeling helpless in a situation like this. Nothing much to be done other than fitting a motion sensor and turn the sensitivity to a higher level and have a loud alarm too.

I wish I can have the cars with electric shock equipped. These chors should be hospitalised for their rude act. The car should produce electric shocks from the mirror assembly, door handles, window sills etc... if tried to be hampered with.

I've seen a thingy called flame throwers in South africa. It simply thows fire from under the car and it can cause any chor to 'run for his life' effect. But, the crooks there learned the tricks to fool these things too after some time.

Only solution which comes to mind is avoid going to places which can cause these kind of problems. And it's very hard!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks