Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2017, 21:50   #46
BHPian

Re: How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield

I have decided on a no-stickers policy after struggling with removing them from an older car. I got the company parking sticker laminated, and I use a cello tape to stick it to the windshield. For my fasttag, i was not sure if the RIFD chip would get damaged with the lamination, so I stuck it to clingwrap film and I stick it to the windshield, whenever I travel outstation.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 21:53   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Stick the sticker to a transparency sheet. Cut the transparency sheet to a size littler larger than the sticker. Stick this to the windshield using cello-tape.

2. I apply a fine coat of talcum powder on the sticky side of the sticker. Then stick the sticker to the windshield. This reduces the stickiness of the sticker, and easier to take out.
When removing it - soak it well and use cotton to rub on the sticker. Sticker will come out easier.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 13:00   #48
BHPian

Do you guys know if something like this is available locally in Mumbai? I've been searching for it but haven't had any luck. Any help will be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.in/SLB-Works-Vehi...b-f3a8ccc9798c
Old 17th March 2018, 12:10   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Do you guys know if something like this is available locally in Mumbai? I've been searching for it but haven't had any luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Suggest you buy these on AliExpress - I bought them for under 1.5 USD for a pack of 2. Ofcourse, you have to wait a few weeks for them to arrive.

Something like this http://bit.ly/2DyLJSR
akshaymahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 19:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Toooo costly for such small piece of plastic. Lamination & then sticking it with thin cello tape will save you money & cleaning.

Ask the lamination guy to use low heat to do the job.

I used similar tag holder & overtime, the tag sags & sometimes transfer their color & print to glass due to heat. And the interior cleaning guys with their restless hands pay no attention to it & soak the tag sometime with dash polish & glass cleaner solution resulting in color fade.

Last edited by prithm : 18th March 2018 at 20:02.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 20:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Except the Fastag, my Civic has no other sticker in the windshield. I refuse to stick any!

My wife, on the other hand, is pliant. When the apartment complex started insisting on parking stickers she went ahead and pasted it on the (new) Polo's windshield. The older I10 had I think 8 stickers when I sold it.

This is what I do:
  • Stick the sticker to a piece of cling film from our kitchen.
  • Put another layer of cling film on the reverse too.
  • Cut off excess cling film.
  • Punch a hole at the top with a standard office punch.
  • Loop a piece of thread (about 2 ft in length) through the hole.
  • Keep the sticker somewhere handy; and use the loop to hang it around the IRVM when required.

I argue that the actual security requirement is that "sticker must be visible" to the guards. And that the security rules cannot require me to disfigure my car.
binand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 00:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I argue that the actual security requirement is that "sticker must be visible" to the guards. And that the security rules cannot require me to disfigure my car.
You're lucky you society isn't as an*l as mine. I've had massive arguments with the same logic. The AGM approved parking policy states that the parking ticket must be "stuck" to the front of the windshield. Had my car clamped by security when their version of "stuck" didn't align with mine
Attached Thumbnails
How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-mvimg_20180316_085616.jpg  

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-mvimg_20180316_085622.jpg  

Last edited by Shome : 19th March 2018 at 00:58.
Shome is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 09:02   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Had my car clamped by security when their version of "stuck" didn't align with mine
To me this is very very high handedness of your society management. Had it been me, I would have got them into legal trouble for vandalizing my movable property.

As long as the sticker is clearly visible, they have no right to touch the vehicle. Even in this case, they can only review this case and decide on it accordingly. Looks like they are behaving with master slave attitude.

Last edited by prithm : 19th March 2018 at 09:07. Reason: editing
prithm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 15:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
To me this is very very high handedness of your society management. Had it been me, I would have got them into legal trouble for vandalizing my movable property.

As long as the sticker is clearly visible, they have no right to touch the vehicle. Even in this case, they can only review this case and decide on it accordingly. Looks like they are behaving with master slave attitude.
Unfortunately, me being a tenant, I do not have any say and legal hassle isn't really worth it. Now it's more of an ego issue as other members (owners) have stuck the parking sticker on the windshield of their Mercs and Audis, so how can I not stick it on a second hand car

Bought these yesterday http://bit.ly/2u50Io4

Last edited by Shome : 19th March 2018 at 15:24.
Shome is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 15:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're lucky you society isn't as an*l as mine. I've had massive arguments with the same logic. The AGM approved parking policy states that the parking ticket must be "stuck" to the front of the windshield. Had my car clamped by security when their version of "stuck" didn't align with mine
That clamping is illegal; you could have gone to the cops. Most lawyers advise societies (when they check about implementing this clamping rule) that they should inform the local police station and let the cops do the clamping. Pity we don't have a legal system where it is easy to follow this sort of high-handedness through.

I see that your sticker very helpfully mentions your flat number and building number etc. Makes it easy for any potential miscreant to note which flat is empty when you are say, taking a vacation or something.
Old 19th March 2018, 19:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, me being a tenant, I do not have any say and legal hassle isn't really worth it. Now it's more of an ego issue as other members (owners) have stuck the parking sticker on the windshield of their Mercs and Audis, so how can I not stick it on a second hand car

Bought these yesterday http://bit.ly/2u50Io4
Even then you have your rights. You represent your owner in that society and they just cannot confiscate your property no matter how pressing the reason.

Anyways. Glad to see that you got what you needed atlast. Hope they don't take offense with this costly addition to your windshield.
Old 19th March 2018, 20:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Even then you have your rights. You represent your owner in that society and they just cannot confiscate your property no matter how pressing the reason.

Anyways. Glad to see that you got what you needed atlast. Hope they don't take offense with this costly addition to your windshield.
Owner stays in the same society, an 88 year old gentleman who told me to make my peace, which I now have.

Also, it wasn't that expensive. Bought a couple more things and the total cost for the entire cart came up to $1.04, had a $4 discount coupon
Old 10th May 2018, 22:22   #58
BHPian

One more solution is there.

1. Buy a simple blank no. plate ( preferably plastic) from a car accessory shop.

2. Paste the concerned stickers onto it. You can also put stickers on both the sides(if you use a lot of them) as you wont be required to display all the stickers at the same time for obvious reasons.

3. Put it near the dashboard and the wind screen boundary and stuff a cosco ball into the gap. Works wonders.

I derived this idea from the destination boards in the local buses of my city.

Besides, this no. plate can be stored in the seat back pocket when not in use. Also, you may stick a team-bhp.com sticker below it.

Hope it helps. Do post pics if someone goes agead with this.
Old 10th October 2018, 13:37   #59
BHPian

My PUC was about to expire so I went for the testing and renewal.

There was a pleasant surprise with this new sticker rule.

It seems (as I am told by the PUC guy) Govt. of West Bengal has made it mandatory to stick a sticker on upper front left corner of the windshield.

I am attaching the image.

I haven't heard anything in news about this new rule. May be I have missed something.

I really don't like putting sticker on my windshield. I feel this is obstruction of view and isn't it illegal to obstruct your view while driving?

Removing that gum and mark from the glass without any damage is really a painful task.

Feeling sad.
Attached Thumbnails
How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-img_20181010_13210501.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
It seems (as I am told by the PUC guy) Govt. of West Bengal has made it mandatory to stick a sticker on upper front left corner of the windshield.
This is reminiscent of the old registration discs that were fitted to cars in the 80s and earlier.

So what's the deal with this? Every 3/6 months they'll remove the old and put in a new one? Or in the interest of time, stick the new one below it, slowly filling up the windshield (and leaving the owner to deal with removing the old one)?
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks