Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2006, 14:34   #1
BHPian

Steering Hub (Boss Kit) for Palio in Cochin/Trivandrum

Guys, I have been trying to get a steering hub (Boss Kit) to fit a sports stering on my Palio. I was not able to get it from any accessory shop in Cochin/Trivandrum. Can anybody tell me where I can get it in Cochin/Trivandrum? If not can any one arrange for me to get it from anywhere else (Bangalore/Bombay etc). I am ready to pay for the transportation.

Please help.
Old 13th May 2006, 14:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can get it at various car accessory shops around Pattom, Palmoodu. Should cost around 400Rs.

Pls contact Karthik247 as I will be out of station for 2-3 days.
Old 13th May 2006, 14:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Car Decor, AutoMate, AutoPlaza or any of the accessories shops near Popular Maruti or the ones on the byepass (on the opposite side of the byepass from Skoda/Popular Hyundai/Chirayath Cars/Blaupunkt/Pit Stop). They all stock these fancy (and probably fake) sports steerings and will fit them for you. Shouldnt cost much.
Old 13th May 2006, 15:13   #4
BHPian

thanks jk and steer for the info. But the sad part is that none of them seem to have the bosskit that fits palio. anyways I am going out again and try out a few more shops. I will try the shops in TVM on monday.

Steer, I had been to RF motors for my car service and was amazed. Great job done and the attitude towards the customers is too good. Thanks for guiding me there.
Old 13th May 2006, 16:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham
Steer, I had been to RF motors for my car service and was amazed. Great job done and the attitude towards the customers is too good. Thanks for guiding me there.

Spread the good word around. Glad to see that you as a non-customer (you didnt buy your car from them, nor do you own a Tata vehicle - their principals are Tata and not Fiat) still got top notch treatment. Must remember to thank Giri, Benoy and all the others the next time around.

We often rip dealers to bits when they dont do their jobs, so lets have a round of applause for RF here and maybe Basil can post a thread with his experience. It probably helps that Farooq (the 'F' of RF) is often found on the shopfloor with his head inside one of the bonnets despite being one of the larger seafood exporters in the country. He's a self-confessed 'car nut' and it shows!

If it werent for them I would've probably dumped my Dicor in the first 5k kms - I am glad I didnt because I would've missed all the good expriences with the vehicle thereafter.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th May 2006 at 16:28.
Old 13th May 2006, 17:21   #6
BHPian

I have gone around almost all the accessory/spare parts store in palarivattom/byepass area. No one had a boss kit (hub) for palio, neither could they arrange one for me. Can fellow tbhpians in other cities please help me get this boss kit. The steering wheel I have has six nuts to fix to the hub (standard equipment). Can any one let me know of the availability, cost etc for the hub. I would pay for the courier if it can be send to me. Thanks in advance

Steer I will soon post my experience with RF motors in the appropriate section soon.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 13th May 2006 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks