Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Building a G16b - Turbocharged + ITBs

congrats buddy.. im sure you must be ecstatic.. really looking forward to the video..
revtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 16:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quick video of startup, getting it to idle etc. Its been a while since a big build happened at RD and everyone stayed back to watch.

Today all vacuum hoses were finally connected, electronics wired up etc. Car should be road tuned today <3500rpm so that i can drive it around and run it in.
binz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 17:15   #63
BHPian

Really nice to see the car up and running and idling like a regular plenum setup. Great job Sanjay, Karthik and everyone else involved.
swiftboost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 21:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Couple of leaks on the exhaust have delayed the car getting on the road. From the little that i did drive it, I've been more than impressed. Lots of torque low down courtesy the Baleno's 90mm stroke, response is like nothing I've ever driven before - really have to feather the throttle to keep the revs in check! A lot of people are under the impression that a car will never idle like stock on standalone ecu/or that cars with the rd ecu never seem to idle right. The baleno with everything thats gone in, still idles exactly like a stock car - with the a/c on too!
binz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 09:20   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
The baleno with everything thats gone in, still idles exactly like a stock car - with the a/c on too!
That video definitely supports this: seems to be a larger-than-life build! Which (high-lift?) cam has gone in?

Last edited by theMAG : 10th April 2013 at 09:22.
Old 10th April 2013, 11:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

binoy congratulations man, once again glad to see such a build in a real long time. What kind of figures are you expecting at the dyno ?
Old 10th April 2013, 11:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
That video definitely supports this: seems to be a larger-than-life build! Which (high-lift?) cam has gone in?
Its running on the stock cam for now, the exhaust was left open in that video and had a leak hence the loudish idle. The cam is a custom one off grind done to spec. It will go in only after running in though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
binoy congratulations man, once again glad to see such a build in a real long time. What kind of figures are you expecting at the dyno ?
Thank Riju, no claims for now, will put up the dyno chart when we get this car on the dyno.

Last edited by binz : 10th April 2013 at 11:37.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Been driving the car for a couple of days now, picked it up from rd at midnight on my birthday - the coolest gift I've ever received. The cam cover and strut brace were painted copper to match the with the Race Dynamics logo laser etched on the cam cover. Put in a hks air filter which finally made the engine bay look complete.

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image2882721465.jpg

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image1399972163.jpg

Last edited by binz : 17th April 2013 at 13:42.
binz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 14:27   #69
BHPian

That looks amazing! The engine bay is so neat! The copper is a great touch! I cannot wait to find out how much horses that pushes out!
Any tyre and/or suspension upgrades to complement the engine?
Old 17th April 2013, 15:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

How is the 16G pulling? though visibly smaller than 14G, 16G should have good top end.
Old 18th April 2013, 13:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyasg View Post
That looks amazing! The engine bay is so neat! The copper is a great touch! I cannot wait to find out how much horses that pushes out!
Any tyre and/or suspension upgrades to complement the engine?
Copper is sanjays choice, I was a bit hesitant at first but I think it looks fantastic on the car.

Tyres are 214/45-17 hankook Ventus S1 Evo. There are some things you don't compromise on when building a car - tyres are one of them. Having driven extensively on everything from the outdated potenza g3s to pp2s, Semi slick neovas to full blown mrf racing slicks - the Hankooks have have really impressed in all departments.
Suspension upgrades have been mentioned in one of the earlier posts.

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image956157142.jpg

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image2588102188.jpg
binz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:31   #72
BHPian

Congrats on the excellent build. I had swung by RD when the build was in progress, unfortunately it was too late in the night and shutters were down. I would love to see the car in action.

Now for a stupid question: Whats the mileage like (ballpark figures will do nicely) for in city driving with A/C on?

Other that we must meet up some day, I have a lot of questions in my mind
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarpreet99 View Post
Congrats on the excellent build. I had swung by RD when the build was in progress, unfortunately it was too late in the night and shutters were down. I would love to see the car in action.

Now for a stupid question: Whats the mileage like (ballpark figures will do nicely) for in city driving with A/C on?

Other that we must meet up some day, I have a lot of questions in my mind
Thank you - maybe the next time you come by we can go for a drive.

To answer your question, the car is currently giving approximately 7kmpl in town. I dont have a fuel gauge and I'm calculating by tanking up and looking at at the distance covered on the vbox.

The reason behind the poor fe is because the ECU is currently running only on the Map sensor.

The ECU will be upgraded with new firmware which will run Alpha-N during low load conditions while not in boost and will switch over to MAP once the boost comes in. This should happen over the next couple of weeks.

Let me know what else you would like to know
binz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:51   #74
BHPian

Hey binz, Thanks for the quick response. Do tell me more about the Alpha-N upgrade, it is indeed very interesting. would appreciate if you can share more on it (without giving away trade secrets of course). I have your number from our interaction on a different forum, and will call you some time for a meet up.

Looking forward to a free test ride, we can also measure up the performance of each others' cars: I have a swift 1.6 turbo job
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:08   #75
Team-BHP Support

I am not an auto person, but still can appreciate the beauty of such a build. Of my existence on the forum when I joined, I did not even know, such things could be done. Then folks pointed to Vikram's Turbo charged Petrol Swift and I was

And now this! Wow! I hope I can at least learn to understand/appreciate the basics at least. The beauty is off course not to mention
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks