Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 21:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Good Old Swift - New Approach

I honestly like the quality of the work done.But, the character of the original car seems to have been lost. Personally, if the grill in the front had more sharper edges, in line with the side profile, it would have made it more appropriate but again, fluidic.
Old 11th March 2013, 21:20   #17
BHPian

It looks different, job well done I'd say.

Love the roof graphics, IMO always look cool.

If I really had to point an area of improvement, I'd say the front could use a little more color: maybe some grey/silver or perhaps even some chrome, just to add a little more character.
negativeH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 21:37   #18
Mik
BHPian

I was stunned by the first pic.
Also love the funky roof graphic.
Design is highly subjective but if i could nitpick, i would say that the spoiler seems like an after-thought.
If its comfortable with you, can you share the kind of vitamin M required for this kind of makeover (presuming that its an exterior makeover)
Good work overall.
Do you do Figo's!
Old 11th March 2013, 22:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I was stunned by the first pic.
Also love the funky roof graphic.
Design is highly subjective but if i could nitpick, i would say that the spoiler seems like an after-thought.
If its comfortable with you, can you share the kind of vitamin M required for this kind of makeover (presuming that its an exterior makeover)
Good work overall.
Do you do Figo's!
Thanks buddy
Well it did get a Stage one Mechanical boost, An interior colour Change as well.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2013 at 13:21. Reason: STRICTLY no marketing on Team-BHP.
Old 11th March 2013, 22:08   #20
BHPian

I kinda liked this car. Good choice for the colour scheme.
You should have smoked the taillights instead of this grey colour.
The front would have looked better if there was a partition in the middle of the huge grille.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:17   #21
mxx
BHPian

Not to sound harsh, just my personal opinion. The front looks hideous. This is not the first time I am seeing this type of grill on swift. So, I am sure that this looks awful when seeing in person too. I think a rework on the grill will really make the car look good. try a split grill on the same basic design.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
please go outside and stand next to a car or two, roof line is visible till the apex. Not the entire thing but enough for you to see the graphic.
You might be able to see till the apex but would the graphic make any sense at that low an angle? The desired effect comes only from an elevated position right?

Whatever it be, i quite like the graphic and think its really cool all the more so because its paintwork and not the cheap stickers. Can think of so many places where i would be driving this thing and the cool 'Citra guy' makes his presence felt.

Last edited by revintup : 12th March 2013 at 16:54.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Not going into my personal opinions on the design, I would like to think logically why you would want to put up the custom graphics on the roof? How many would be actually noticing it being on the roof? Or was it just a customer requirement?
Will be noticed by the commuters in buses. Targeting a 'higher' segment.
Old 12th March 2013, 20:46   #24
BHPian

The graphics in my opinion don't always and mostly have to be in your face. Its visible from a height and from a far, thats all I wanted as far as the presence of the graphics go.

Its not completely visible at a lower angle, but thats kind of why people get intrigued by whats on the roof and get curious about the car.

As for the grill, it probably could have a split (too cliche for me) in the middle. I dont prefer it. Im switching over to plastic grills (OEM Style) in my future builds, maybe then it will look better.

There are a lot of subtle design cues around the grill and mesh, not so clearly visible in the pics but attracts the keen eye up and personal.
Old 21st March 2013, 15:18   #25
BHPian

I personally think , torqued made a serious attempt in modifying a car compared to his older works and it has improved a lot, of course, there's a long way to go but still there's lot of improvement , you all will know what i mean , if you see the green thar and the tata xenon.
Old 21st March 2013, 19:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a "love me or hate me" car! There are certain bits that are bringing in a very fresh feeling but some bits just don't gel with it. I kind of liked the grills but the spoiler is a let down. I think the car needed a bit more ground work overall. And another bit I didn't like is the brake light - looks totally cheap / uncool. The rear bumpers are nice again, so is the roof graphics.

Can we see some interior pics please? I think instead of grey, you probably needed some hard colors to complement white.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 23:12   #27
BHPian

IMO the car looks cool. I'd probably prefer a darker shade of grey, smoked tail lamps, fatter wheel - probably 16" and DRLs in the front.
Roof sticker looks cool, I've seen few Mini's in Canada with the Maple leaf painted on the roof. Looks cool IMO.

More pics please highlighting the modifications done.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 21st March 2013 at 23:16.
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:18   #28
BHPian

Nice car Torqued.
But i think the Headlights look kinda strange and the front bumper is overdone.

Loved your lancer.

Is this a client's car?
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:11   #29
BHPian

Hi Torqued. Considering the amount of work that has gone in this mod, it definitely deserves appreciation.

IMHO, few things that could have been better:

1. The Front Hood (Bonnet) could have been plain as I feel the grooves feel a bit overdone and they do not go well
with the mesh which is well executed.

2. Smoked Tail lamps and Angel eyes (Front) would have complimented the finish better.

3. Not a fan of stickering but the graphics on the roof look catchy. The ones on the side could have been either
removed or they could have a different pattern (as low as the current one).

4. This car would definitely look hot in low profile tires.

5. The alignment of the number plates could be at the center.

Otherwise, a good job. Considering that white and grey is not a very usual combination, the mods must be really great to reflect the combo and carry that taste.

Last edited by Honda_Power : 22nd March 2013 at 11:12.
Old 25th March 2013, 12:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
I personally think , torqued made a serious attempt in modifying a car compared to his older works and it has improved a lot, of course, there's a long way to go but still there's lot of improvement , you all will know what i mean , if you see the green thar and the tata xenon.
I have learned and improved, always have and always will, its how you grow I guess. Having said that, I have absolutely no regrets with the Thar or the Xenon (check out the final version), They were in their own element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Nice car Torqued.
But i think the Headlights look kinda strange and the front bumper is overdone.

Loved your lancer.

Is this a client's car?
Thanks, Yes it is a client car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
Hi Torqued. Considering the amount of work that has gone in this mod, it definitely deserves appreciation.

IMHO, few things that could have been better:

1. The Front Hood (Bonnet) could have been plain as I feel the grooves feel a bit overdone and they do not go well
with the mesh which is well executed.

2. Smoked Tail lamps and Angel eyes (Front) would have complimented the finish better.

3. Not a fan of stickering but the graphics on the roof look catchy. The ones on the side could have been either
removed or they could have a different pattern (as low as the current one).

4. This car would definitely look hot in low profile tires.

5. The alignment of the number plates could be at the center.

Otherwise, a good job. Considering that white and grey is not a very usual combination, the mods must be really great to reflect the combo and carry that taste.
Everyone needs to realize Low profile tires dont really work in out country, so sadly enough i dont use them too often.

Honda Power - The graphics on the car are not stickers, its been painted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks