Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 10:30   #151
BANNED

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Given all the hullabaloo I will most probably change the fogs (H11) with 2700K. Any suggestions. One basic condition - no wire cutting.
Old 16th February 2012, 11:44   #152
NKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Given all the hullabaloo I will most probably change the fogs (H11) with 2700K. Any suggestions. One basic condition - no wire cutting.
If the fog lamps are intended to be used in the fog, then going in for a lesser K as 2700k would serve your purpose. However if you use fog lamps as driving lights then going for higher K lights makes sense and they give you more whiter light but not essentially more brighter light. If you are not installing relays then Philips /Osram offers you a variety of choice with same voltage configuration as stock settings. If you are looking for brighter light then go in for Night breaker plus/Extreme vision but I am not sure whether H11 configuration of Extreme vision or Night breaker plus are available. The availability can be checked from their respective websites which offer suggestions for different lights for various models to suit ones requirement and tastes
Old 17th February 2012, 10:33   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prof. Are you planning to install halogens or HID's
If halogens, shouldn't be an issue of Wire problem at all as long as you fit in either 35W or 55W halogens.
Go with PIAA bulbs, you'll never regret
Amazon.com: PIAA 13511 H11 12-Volt Plasma Ion Crystal Yellow 55=100-Watt Bulb - Twin Pack: Automotive

If HID's
The 2700K colour, I wouldn't prefer it. It's slightly more of a Orangish yellow colour.
http://e46fanatics.com/features/jlev...s/image010.jpg
I would prefer 3000K coloured ones as it's more yellowish & pierce the fog well.
Get a H11 wiring kit with relay, no splicing/cutting of wires, just direct fit in.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:18   #154
BANNED

Yes, I know 2700K is yellow. I as a policy do not use my fogs as driving lights (they are not intended to be that), but in rain / fog these HIDs will be brilliant. Slightly, OT will the single filament bulbs (right angle type) for the Headlamps be available in the Philips Xenon Halogen Range.

One point we are not discussing/mentioning on this thread are the ballasts being used by various vendors. Some of the real cheap ones on eBay make me wonder!
Old 17th February 2012, 13:04   #155
BHPian

atlast after holding myself for long, i upgraded my Ikon lights to HID. i fitted the un-branded HID which i got for 4500/- with wires harnass, fittings and installation from my friend who runs a Auto accessories shop. I wasn't looking for the HIDs, as i had gone for my regular Oil change to him, but the deal tempted me, as he also offered me 1yrs warranty plus if any problem arises he will take care of it. Will try to post some photos of the headlight by today evening. Kit is H4 Hi/lo beam 35W, 6000K, he had only single piece remaining with him. The light on low beam is not blinding the oncoming traffic also, as i used it yesterday evening with low beam adjusted for better throw without harming anybody.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:28   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
will the single filament bulbs (right angle type) for the Headlamps be available in the Philips Xenon Halogen Range.
AFAIK, nopes the HID bulbs doesn't come in the shape which you asking for
( http ://www.ipmart.com/contents/products/P298000/298219/extra_pic/9005_ex1.jpg )
Hid's have a similar kind of bulb base, the holder settings might be different.
This is how the philips hid bulbs are.
http://www.yakaequiper.com/images/ya..._85122_d2s.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ilips85122.jpg
Old 18th February 2012, 10:49   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
AFAIK, nopes the HID bulbs doesn't come in the shape which you asking for
( http ://www.ipmart.com/contents/products/P298000/298219/extra_pic/9005_ex1.jpg )
Hid's have a similar kind of bulb base, the holder settings might be different.
This is how the philips hid bulbs are.
http://www.yakaequiper.com/images/ya..._85122_d2s.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ilips85122.jpg
I started with 'Slightly OT'. I thought I was explicit that I was referring to Xenon filled Halogens, which are brighter than regular Halogens.
Old 16th June 2012, 20:27   #158

I have the New fortuner.. i want to change the 6000 K company fitment to a blue vision 8000 K. can i change only the Bulb to get the matter resolved . and what is the holder type for the NEW fortuner and i also want to know the brake light Bulb type and also the indicatopr bulb type (Front & Rear ) want to change all to LED

ab9403@gmail.com
Old 16th June 2012, 22:17   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab9403 View Post
I have the New fortuner.. i want to change the 6000 K company fitment to a blue vision 8000 K. can i change only the Bulb to get the matter resolved . and what is the holder type for the NEW fortuner and i also want to know the brake light Bulb type and also the indicatopr bulb type (Front & Rear ) want to change all to LED
Changing bulb colour temperature does not require any other change. However, I will not suggest going up to 8000 or 10000K. They are a good show off and nothing else. In fact I will suggest going down to 4300K. 4300K is nearest to daylight, and will give you much better visibility in rain or fog. I will not suggest 2700K for general use, since the colour is yellow. 2700K is ideal for fog lamps.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:47   #160
NKR
BHPian

Quote:
Changing bulb colour temperature does not require any other change. However, I will not suggest going up to 8000 or 10000K. They are a good show off and nothing else. In fact I will suggest going down to 4300K. 4300K is nearest to daylight, and will give you much better visibility in rain or fog. I will not suggest 2700K for general use, since the colour is yellow. 2700K is ideal for fog lamps.
Concur with the comments as higher the K lesser the requisite visibility. In fact many have said and even demonstrated (Check youtube please) that 4300K gives the best visilbilty.

By the way does any one know how to get over the problems of fitting Xenons on Skoda Lauras. I have tried and tried but to no avail as correct coding and equipment seems hard to come by.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:57   #161
BHPian

Hi,

I wanted to convert my Aria stock headlamps to Xenon HID. Please recommend some technicians in the Bangalore area who can do a good job of this.
Old 3rd July 2012, 00:15   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath
Hi,

I wanted to convert my Aria stock headlamps to Xenon HID. Please recommend some technicians in the Bangalore area who can do a good job of this.
I saw a display piece at Reliance Autozone at K H Road, its projectors being fitted to Indica Head lights. They were Blue Angle lights, like the one in BMW. They quoted somewhere 8.5k.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:31   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I saw a display piece at Reliance Autozone at K H Road, its projectors being fitted to Indica Head lights. They were Blue Angle lights, like the one in BMW. They quoted somewhere 8.5k.
Thanks HighOctane, made a quick dash to them. They checked and told that HID lights cannot be fit in to Aria because of the very thin wiring harness. The minimum requirement is 4mm which most models of cars have but Aria's is much lesser:(
Old 4th July 2012, 11:55   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
They checked and told that HID lights cannot be fit in to Aria because of the very thin wiring harness. The minimum requirement is 4mm which most models of cars have but Aria's is much lesser:(
Many people are using external wiring and relay to cope with the starting current. But for that a 35W bulb will consume less power that 55W!
Old 4th July 2012, 12:52   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Many people are using external wiring and relay to cope with the starting current. But for that a 35W bulb will consume less power that 55W!
But i think that might void the warranty

Most Viewed