Team-BHP - Best Xenon HID conversion kit
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Best Xenon HID conversion kit (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13385-best-xenon-hid-conversion-kit-8.html)

NKR,

If you are in cochin you can try emperor. They are good. I got mine installed there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKR (Post 1855309)
Thanks a lot. After going through your valuable advice and the site and also speaking to others I have decided to install Xenons for the low beams and change the halogens to better ones made by philips on the high beams. by the way could you please give me some contact number of the installers before i take the final plunge..Thanks and regs

Dear Mr Naveen Raju,

Thanks I shall get in touch with Emperor for further details and fitment

Regs Nirmal

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1852937)
the only thing in the entire kit that is not water proof is the Relay

Actually this is the weakest link. I was using a Chinese make HID kit on my Innova since 2007. About a month back the lights started acting funny and while we were driving down from our home town - this relay thing started fire. We were lucky since I smelled the burn very early (nearly always use the A/C in fresh air mode) and we could put out the fire using a fire extinguisher (a must in every car). The fire was pretty intense and few minutes delay could have meant disaster.

Since then I'm really wary of these chinese make after market fitments. Have reverted the Innova back to original lights and everything works like a charm now (as if nothing had happened.). In fact we drove off after a 30 mins delay of this fire incident much to the disappointment of on-lookers who had gathered to see something spectacular :D

A pic of Panasonic H4 6000k on my getz.

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-p2264289.jpg

hey looking awesome, did u speak to that guy for projectors?? u getting hid's in the fogs as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NKR (Post 1855309)
Thanks a lot. After going through your valuable advice and the site and also speaking to others I have decided to install Xenons for the low beams and change the halogens to better ones made by philips on the high beams. by the way could you please give me some contact number of the installers before i take the final plunge..Thanks and regs

Are dual - Halogen + HID lamps available in India? If so sources thereof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1331151)
The problem is that LEDs are wired up for 12V. When your car is running the voltage is 14.4V. In the long run it will kill your bulbs
The solution is to put a small resister in series(maybe 1 ohm will do). Its basically hit and trial, you want 12V at LED terminals even when your alternator is giving 14.4V

may be a 12V voltage regulator IC 7812 would also do the job by giving constant 12V

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1861184)
Are dual - Halogen + HID lamps available in India? If so sources thereof.

I recall that a co called numak in cochin had them on sale, but the problem was that the xenons outlasted the filaments, so soon once your filaments fused, you were left with a semi functional kit.
The best way is that if you have an HL assembly like your civic, use a xeon for the low beam and halogen for the high

Hi
Can anyone suggest me the best bulbs for my Swift VDI and i prefer to have a 130/100 wattage as interstate driving is high and yes will be on low beam in the cities with dealer and cost in Chennai
(1) Philips xtreme vision
(2) Osram nightbreaker +

Quote:

Originally Posted by veekreta (Post 2431885)
may be a 12V voltage regulator IC 7812 would also do the job by giving constant 12V

The standard 7812 is only 1A. There are 5A versions. One problem with these is that the spike of ignition for the discharge may blow them up. Also, whether the voltage drop across them will be adequate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 2432088)
I recall that a co called numak in cochin had them on sale, but the problem was that the xenons outlasted the filaments, so soon once your filaments fused, you were left with a semi functional kit.
The best way is that if you have an HL assembly like your civic, use a xeon for the low beam and halogen for the high

Agreed. I will now look for 2700K HIDs. I quite like the yellowing light. I have seen these and electronic power packs on eBay (Import) for about Rs.3.3k for a pair.

Most of the aftermarket HID bulbs are longer than the OEM halogens, this plays havoc with the reflector optics, and the light spread/beam is affected.

You do get a lot of light spread, at the cost of focus/beam.

For BiXenon HID's, i have seen most users using Low Beam frequently to overcome this problem.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 1858426)
A pic of Panasonic H4 6000k on my getz.

Attachment 338902

Hey, There seems to difference between the left and right bulb's kelvins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 2432088)

Also the HALOGEN is not really of any use. Those kits are made for BIKE's generally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 2440134)
Hey, There seems to difference between the left and right bulb's kelvins.

Im thinking its because of the photo.Will check and see properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 2440787)
Im thinking its because of the photo.Will check and see properly.

Please do, Most of the times these kits are imported in parts, Bulbs,Ballasts and relays are ordered separately and the boxed, sticker'd and sold here. Hence the same kit is named differently but the product is the same. Honestly never seen Panasonic make HID's anyways just make sure the kelvins are same, Else they shift color with time and the difference will be further visible.