Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 10:20   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have been using 3000k HIDs for the fog lamps in my SX4 since a while now. Was scouting for extreme quality stuff and hence got the HID bulbs from the TRS Distributor (AVS Tuning) in Mumbai. The said bulbs are Morimoto 35w H8. I also got the H8 Morimoto HD Relay Harness which is an optional bit of kit for H8 hid lamps (not a compulsion to use the same), but kind of adds to the safety and performance aspect with built in cube relays and inline protection fuses. Though they also sell extremely good quality high end Digital ASIC Ballasts, i decided to go a step further and order the best possible after-market ballasts from Hyluxtek and hence ordered for their top of the line HYLUX ASIC 2A88 Digital Ballasts.

Hope it helps.
Cheers
Thanks a lot. Can you help me with the contact number for them?

Are the fogs effective in low visibility now?
Old 10th September 2014, 11:01   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks a lot. Can you help me with the contact number for them?

Are the fogs effective in low visibility now?
I had 6000k HID for my Heads and Fogs which were rubbish, then i changed over to 5000k HIDs for headlamps and 3000k for fogs and yea they are pretty effective in low visibility.

You can contact Vishesh (AVS Tuning) on 9820535557.

Cheers
Old 12th September 2014, 20:36   #183
BHPian

Hi,

I own a Skoda Laura 2.0 CR Ambition 2013 model and based out of Bangalore. The car comes with halogen projectors for the low beam and normal halogen bulbs for high beam. I'm looking for better lighting for both low and high beams. If I were to switch the low beam to xenon based projectors, what options would you recommend? Also, will I need to change the projector as part of the swap?

Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 00:00   #184
BHPian

Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Hi,

I own a Skoda Laura 2.0 CR Ambition 2013 model and based out of Bangalore. The car comes with halogen projectors for the low beam and normal halogen bulbs for high beam. I'm looking for better lighting for both low and high beams. If I were to switch the low beam to xenon based projectors, what options would you recommend? Also, will I need to change the projector as part of the swap?

Thanks

I have put P8 H7 4300k HID on the low beams. They make a world of difference in lighting up the road. No need to change the projectors. Just ensure you get the canbus compliant kit.

I didn't change the high beam bulbs since I seldom use it. It's just used for flashing and never continuously while driving

Try changing just the low beams first. If you feel the need, you could get Philips or Osram H1 for the high beams.

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 13th September 2014 at 00:01.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 11:17   #185
NKR
BHPian

Can any one recommend a reliable chap that can convert halogens to HIDs. I have a BMW X1 that does not have projectors (LOL). I am based in Pune
Old 12th April 2015, 13:03   #186
Senior - BHPian

I received a pair of xyluxtec 35W AC single beam HID 4300k for 4600rs + 250 customs shipped from aliexpress. Currently they are doing their duty in my Ninja 300. The ballasts are of very good quality, even the installer noted this.

Last edited by ani_meher : 12th April 2015 at 13:17.
Old 12th April 2015, 14:33   #187
BANNED

@ani_meher; hyalutek / hilux / xyluxtec are reputedly the best Chinese Ballasts, who I hear are also OEMs to some european carmakers. I have 55W units in my fog.
Old 18th April 2015, 11:10   #188
BHPian

Any solution for the i10 ? I've been looking around for a few but haven't found anything solid.
Old 26th April 2015, 00:21   #189
BHPian

Guys, I'm taking delivery of a Skoda Rapid in the the coming days. It's the black edition with the projector headlamps.

I've never been a fan of stock headlights and have always upgraded the bulbs. I just sold my Vento and that was running 55w HIDs with incredible light output. My current Endeavour also has 35w HIDs. And my Figo, well my Figo has Diamond Vision (Which i later learned look terrible :P) since it mostly just roams around within the city.

I was just wondering what kind of kit will i need for HID conversion? Being a halogen projector i doubt it will have a solenoid for the cutoff. So what kit should i get? I will be going to the US in June and could easily pick up a good kit from there at a much cheaper price.

Also, i can't seem to find this on any thread but does anyone know what bulb size is used in the rapid with projectors? I could in the meantime replace the bulb with something like the Extreme Visions or Night Breaker Unlimiteds.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 26th April 2015, 09:54   #190
BANNED

@venom_op; A relay is really not needed. Even with 55W you are not adding any wattage. The initial surge at startup can be handled. I have 55W HIDs in my fogs (replacing 35W halogens) but have not bothered to add any relay kit.
Old 4th May 2015, 01:01   #191
BHPian

How good is the high beam throw of the Philips H4 hi/low HID bulb? Intended use is highway driving, car is Aveo U-VA.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:40   #192
BHPian

I own a AHNC 2012 with stock headlamps. Although for me, the throw is satisfactory, I would still like to go for HID (4300k). What I would like to know:

1. Will it hamper my extended warranty? I know that plug-and-play fixes won't.
2. Is the OEM reflector (plastic) capable to bear the heat produced by HIDs (4300k)? Has anyone faced heating or melting issue?
Old 30th June 2015, 19:09   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Can any one recommend a reliable chap that can convert halogens to HIDs. I have a BMW X1 that does not have projectors (LOL). I am based in Pune
I hope its not too late.
I have purchased my HIDs from poona motors in Camp.
I feel he is reliable and can handle your BMW.
Old 30th June 2015, 22:05   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I own a AHNC 2012 with stock headlamps. Although for me, the throw is satisfactory, I would still like to go for HID (4300k). What I would like to know:

1. Will it hamper my extended warranty? I know that plug-and-play fixes won't.
2. Is the OEM reflector (plastic) capable to bear the heat produced by HIDs (4300k)? Has anyone faced heating or melting issue?
Regular HIDs are 35W, so the heat won't be the problem. But these conversions are illegal , and most HID bulbs are designed for projector optics, which in reflector optics like the Honda, will not work well. The beam shape and focus will be a hit-n-miss, and will likely cause lot of glare to others even on low beam.

If you're going with HID, get a projector+HID kit.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 09:01   #195
BANNED

@kkeprevving and @Ricci. You can get projectors into the normal H4 housings (my son had them put into his City Mk.III). It involves taking the front 'glass' off installing the projector housing (Morimoto involves no cutting) and then replacing the glass.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks