Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:24   #376
Team-BHP Support

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Any advice on xp projectors? Read many threads on same.
XP projectors seem to have lots of quality issues. This has been discussed in Dr.Naren's thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...periences.html

Recently, user "Epic" has reported problems with XP projector setup.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4262080

It is better to check for OE headlights with projectors (even if this would be the most expensive option), or get Morimoto projectors (which are replicas still, but have a better quality control) and get it installed by a good installer.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:48   #377
Team-BHP Support

It's very difficult to get good quality external sealed projectors. The only ones available are on Aliexpress.

Apart from the iphcar brand that Xenon planet gets there is one more brand that is slightly better known Sinolyn. they make good internal projectors which are popular in the US and have one H11 sealed retrofit projector:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...999.264.vPUrX0

You can give these a try then order from US some known H11 HID kit.

Amazon.com has one cheap one that seems to have good reviews but this is a rebadged chinese one at the end.

The best is Diode Dynamics H11 or Morimoto.

However I also found one more for $80 which has very very good reviews on HID forums.

http://www.xenondepot.com/H11B-HID-K...p/vdp-h11b.htm

I am currently planning on getting the Sinolyn projector and the Xenon depot H11 kit but need to work out logistics from USA.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:53   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
XP projectors seem to have lots of quality issues.
Recently, user "Epic" has reported problems with XP projector setup.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4262080
I read through Epic's issue. That is not actually an issue with XP, but something to do with the way electrical connection has been setup. Both, high and low beam wiring should be directed to the xp with a common ground so as to ensure continuous supply when either one is shutoff. Am I missing something?
baahubali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:13   #379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I read through Epic's issue. That is not actually an issue with XP, but something to do with the way electrical connection has been setup. Both, high and low beam wiring should be directed to the xp with a common ground so as to ensure continuous supply when either one is shutoff. Am I missing something?
If you check Epic's comments, he mentions that everything was working fine initially, and he has started getting problems of late. So that means the wiring was fine, but something failed later.

Having said that, I have no first hand experience with XP. My comments are based on my experience with aftermarket projectors in my GT, and others' experience (on aftermarket projectors and XP) as read in TBHP threads.

Last edited by graaja : 2nd September 2017 at 17:14.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:21   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I and many of my friends have tried various projector setup from Xenon Planet. What's lacking is quality control. Some projectors are good, some average and some just horrible. I can say that Xenon planet projectors are not defect free. Many had issues and had to fight for replacements which takes really long time from Xenon Planet.

Best bet is to get projector kits from Morimoto / TRS USA. It is not that expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
If you check Epic's comments, he mentions that everything was working fine initially, and he has started getting problems of late. So that means the wiring was fine, but something failed later.
I just read his comments on their Facebook page. He has got one defective projector replaced already and now XP is saying that even other side might be defective. Looks like he has to open the headlight thrice now.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:28   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

I just read his comments on their Facebook page. He has got one defective projector replaced already and now XP is saying that even other side might be defective. Looks like he has to open the headlight thrice now.
That is not acceptable ! Looks like these guys are sourcing projectors from a third party without defined quality norms. Normally any manufacturer when supplies under a Private Label, follows the norms defined by the Buyer(in this case XP). That or the QC norms defined by XP need drastic improvement.
baahubali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:36   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is not acceptable ! Looks like these guys are sourcing projectors from a third party
Yes, you are right. Xenon Planet does not manufacture anything in house. For example XP Micro is from a Chinese company called IPHCAR. They just put xenon planet sticker on that and sell at premium price (say almost double).

I don't think Xenon Planet is a registered company. Many have not got invoices and those who have got there is no mention of any registration number / VAT / GST etc.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 08:06   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you got the answer for your question. I would still recommend Morimoto as you get a better quality product for almost the same price.
Old 24th November 2017, 10:05   #384
BHPian

Has anyone seen hazing of the reflectors with the H4 retrofit kits? If yes, how soon and what was the kit?
Old 9th February 2018, 23:56   #385
BHPian

I recently acquired a new Ford Ecosport. It apparently comes with 65W H18 bulbs in the low beam projectors. They are an upgrade to standard H7 spec.

I am planning to go with 55W 4300K HID bulbs in the low beam and fog lamps.

Is this a good idea? How much improvement should I expect?

Which are the good places around Mira Road, Mumbai to do this job?
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 08:00   #386
BHPian

HIDs are good replacements where you have a projector setup. I believe, Ecosport has projectors in low beam and HIDs would work well. The same must not be true for fog lamps. Also, you need yellow lights for fog.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 09:03   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
HIDs are good replacements where you have a projector setup.... The same must not be true for fog lamps. Also, you need yellow lights for fog.
If you are referring to projectors for fog lamps, then you would just need the projectors specifically for fog lamps. Example - the 5th Elantra in India had projectors fog lamps.
Old 11th February 2018, 11:21   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I recently acquired a new Ford Ecosport. It apparently comes with 65W H18 bulbs in the low beam projectors. They are an upgrade to standard H7 spec.

I am planning to go with 55W 4300K HID bulbs in the low beam and fog lamps.

Is this a good idea? How much improvement should I expect?

I would recommend going with 35W HIDs. They will provide much better light output than the current bulbs you have. 55W HID put extra strain on the electrical system of your vehicle and can lead to some issues. These 55W bulbs also have a faster burn rate.

One thing to keep in mind is that the projectors that came with your Ecosport are designed to work with halogen bulbs. When you put in HID bulbs, they might not properly project the light as HID bulbs have different light emitting zones. This can lead to some scattering of light and the beam focus can be a bit off. It would still be a huge improvement over the halogen bulbs but they could blind oncoming traffic to some extent. My advice would be to see if you can have someone temporarily put in HIDs in your existing projectors and then see how the light output looks. If you are happy with it, then go ahead and do a proper installation.
Lobogris is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 15:17   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I used a gentleman by the name of Aslam Bhai(9619955515), when I recently put Morimoto projectors in my LC. I quite liked his work but take no guarantees for it. He came recommend to be from Vishesh who used to be the Morimoto dealer in Bombay. The great thing about Aslam Bhai is that he will come to you and carry out the work.

A new video from TRS comparing the light and pattern of different kinds of bulbs (Led Vs HID vs Halogen) in a standard lens.

Samir Taheer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 16:44   #390
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2018 at 09:43.
suku_patel_22 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed