Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 19:50   #436
BHPian

Re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Hi everyone,

I am looking a car cover for my Ford EcoSport 2021 Titanium (P). I have done some research and TPHCovers seems to be a good product but still looking for latest recommendations, if any.

My main requirements are a good fit for everything like mirrors, antenna, spare wheel; soft fabric that wont scratch (or micro-scratch) the paint and dust proof as much as possible. Being water proof or UV proof are not needed as the car is always in a fully covered parking.

Please share you suggestions! I would prefer online purchase but offline stores in Delhi are fine too. Thanks!

Last edited by chautob0t : 15th April 2023 at 19:51. Reason: Fixed wrong model year
Old 14th May 2023, 09:23   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here is a very good product which I am using.
It is well priced and protects the parked vehicle well from both rain and sun.
Can you confirm if the car gets wet or not if the cover is on during the rains and the cover does not transfer paint to the car? I am considering a light cover as my existing TPH cover is a pain to put and remove as it is very heavy. I also need it to be a bit water resistant if not water proof.

Thanks.
Old 5th June 2023, 03:05   #438
BHPian

There are a variety of automatic car covers online, has anyone tried some of these
https://sale.alibaba.com/p/rank/deta...raceLog=detail

Any other suggestions, I would like regular car cover/uncover cycles to be easier.
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 03:44   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
... ... ... I would like regular car cover/uncover cycles to be easier.
I am not currently using a car cover, but my cover/uncover routine took only two or three minutes. That was with one of the thicker, heavier TPH covers too.

Of course, the easiest of all car covers is called... a garage . Not able to run to that, we have, at least, a car port, which gives some prevention, but does not keep the dust off.
Old 5th June 2023, 04:26   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Of course, the easiest of all car covers is called... a garage .
Sadly, I shifted to a house with uncovered car parking
My experience with car covers has been bad, as cover/uncover is a dusty messy affair. Also, I have not found a car cover that I like, been looking for something with very good sun and rain protection and easy to clean.

Which car cover do you use or would recommend?
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:21   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I used my tph cover for quite a few years. I stopped using it because it became completely impregnated with fine dust, so I decided it did more harm than good, unless/until I could find a way of cleaning it that did not involve heavy labour! It's on the to-do list and likely to remain there.

So I am not in a position to help with your specific requirements.
Old 5th June 2023, 16:32   #442
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with car covers with spikes?

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-41hhu8lv2jl.jpg

(example image from amazon.in product page)

I park my car in street & there are dogs who like to sit on cars. So when they climb up repeatedly, the bonnet & front windshield end up getting scratches from their paws. I've seen these partial covers with plastic spikes being used to discourage the canine neighbours from using the cars as their thrones.
amitgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 09:08   #443
BHPian

Cross posting from Kushaq thread and quoting myself. Any recommendations for a good fit and water proof car cover for Kushaq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Does anyone has a recommendation for third party car cover that is of good quality (medium dust proof but good water proof and fit?. The Skoda cover which is good fit but is not much helpful and they don't have any better variant. I have stilt parking but there is a opening which brings in some rain water on the rear quarter of the car and want to avoid it.
Old 25th June 2023, 23:20   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chautob0t View Post
Hi everyone,

I am looking a car cover for my Ford EcoSport 2021 Titanium (P). I have done some research and TPHCovers seems to be a good product but still looking for latest recommendations, if any.

My main requirements are a good fit for everything like mirrors, antenna, spare wheel; soft fabric that wont scratch (or micro-scratch) the paint and dust proof as much as possible. Being water proof or UV proof are not needed as the car is always in a fully covered parking.

Please share you suggestions! I would prefer online purchase but offline stores in Delhi are fine too. Thanks!
I considered TPH years back as well, however they mentioned they will not give pocket for accommodating the antenna, so I need to detach and attach it each time I put on and off the cover. This is something to keep in mind while purchasing vehicle covers. Normally OEM ones have no such Issues. Ford used to sell 2 varieties of Eco sport cover, the basic one and a slightly premium one
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 00:20   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I considered TPH years back as well, however they mentioned they will not give pocket for accommodating the antenna ...
My Polo tph cover, 2016, has an antenna pocket. Have they changed?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 00:34   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My Polo tph cover, 2016, has an antenna pocket. Have they changed?
Last time when I contacted them to query for my 2014 Ecosport, they mentioned it wont be present. A quick look at Amazon store tells similar story:

https://www.amazon.in/TPH-Custom-Pre...ef_=ast_sto_dp
Old 26th June 2023, 03:49   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Last time when I contacted them to query for my 2014 Ecosport, they mentioned it wont be present.
Well, that's sad! A premium product, made to fit one's car like a glove, has, to stretch the metaphor, no fingers!

In practical terms, I have always used the antenna as the "fix" point, locating the cover correctly fore and aft, and amidships.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 09:32   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chautob0t View Post
I am looking a car cover for my Ford EcoSport 2021 Titanium (P). I have done some research and TPHCovers seems to be a good product but still looking for latest recommendation
Try cover from "mytvs" if it's available for your vehicle. You can browse on mytvs website. I brought it for my WRV from a local shop and it's very good with soft lining inside. Silver outer surface. But no antenna pocket.

My car is in covered parking, but adjacent to a busy road. So, lots of dust. While removing, the dust accumulated on the cover will mostly fall on the car however one tries to remove it. I have tried all means like cleaning the cover first before removing,etc.but this becomes a time consuming affair every time.
So, to address this what I did is brought another cheap cover from Amazon and I use on top of the TVS cover. This takes all the dust with minimal transfer to the first cover and almost none to the car.the cheap cover is thin and very easy to clean/wash it fully.

And I suggest people not to buy the cheap ones from Amazon. They don't serve any purpose as primary cover!
In the pic- primary cover hidden underneath the blue cover

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20230702_090115846.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd July 2023 at 10:25. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
HummerH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 14:40   #449
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to know what you guys do with the covers once you take them off the car? Where do you store it? Do you leave at the parking spot of your car? I usually fold and carry it home but off late is has become a pain to do so was wondering what other people do?
Old 8th August 2023, 01:22   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I wanted to know what you guys do with the covers once you take them off the car? Where do you store it? Do you leave at the parking spot of your car? I usually fold and carry it home but off late is has become a pain to do so was wondering what other people do?
I fold it and store it in my car's boot. If not using for long keep it inside storage area of home.

Most Viewed