Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 22:51   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

At over two years, my Tph cover is holding up pretty well.

The blue cover has faded a little, particularly on the side that gets some sun. There are a couple of tiny holes, probably cat's claw, so not 100% animal proof, but pretty good considering the number of cat hours it gets.

It is in the open air, but under a car port, so it gets some sun, a few drips, but no direct rain.

Mine was 9K. So it should be holding up for a few more years yet!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 14:22   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How has the cover held over the years?
Hi Sumeet,

I have sold the car to my friend, since I have moved abroad. Gave him the cover as well. Not sure about the current condition. I believe it should be in good condition even now.

Regards,

aghate
aghate is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 19:42   #303
BHPian

I was looking to replace my body cover for my Baleno. Polco India site wasn't opening and tph covers seemed too costly given the fact my parking in open and prone to Bird drops and too much dust. I had to settle for Baleno tyvek covers offered at Nexa. Given all the factors my old cover did last a year hence went in with itself
Old 1st January 2019, 15:00   #304
BHPian

Lads, I'm looking to pick a TPH cover for my Punto. Since I have a sheltered parking, I don't want to spend much on water/weather proof ones.

What I'm specifically looking for is a softer inner material that prevents swirls/minor scratches.

How do the entry level covers [Dark-Wing, Nomex, Black-Z, Defender] fare as compared to their premium line up? Any pointers ?

Last edited by ampere : 1st January 2019 at 21:49. Reason: typo fixed
Old 1st January 2019, 20:53   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Lads, I'm looking to pick a TPH cover for my Punto. Since I have a sheltered parking, I don't want to spend much on water/weather proof ones.

What I'm specifically looking for is a softer inner material that prevents swirls/minor scratches.

How are the entry level covers [Dark-Wing, Nomex, Black-Z, Defender] fare as compared to their premium line up? Any pointers ?
I have a Nomex for my new Verna. I may be responsible for it but my car has got the swirl marks inspite of me not getting it washed daily. The cover is put daily and removed before drives.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 20:57   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I have a Nomex for my new Verna. I may be responsible for it but my car has got the swirl marks inspite of me not getting it washed daily. The cover is put daily and removed before drives.
What is the material like? Is it softer inside?

AFAIK any car cover be it a premium or a basic one can abrade the clear coat if used on a dusty car. Please use jopasu duster before putting on the cover. That definitely helps.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 21:38   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
What is the material like? Is it softer inside?

AFAIK any car cover be it a premium or a basic one can abrade the clear coat if used on a dusty car. Please use jopasu duster before putting on the cover. That definitely helps.
The inner is a bit softer but I can't really tell the difference. I guess after a drive I don't dust the car so maybe the swirls came due to that. The car is Jopasued only before a drive after the cover is taken off. I am however happy with the cover because it is tough and is suppose to be the animal protection type. The cover is heavy and is a snug fit on the car and is of good quality.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 01:29   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know about different models, but tph recommend always removing dust before covering. They say, when wash down the car and cover it wet: the cover is breathable and it will dry.

My cover has a very soft inner lining. Yes, it eventually collects some dust. Which reminds me, time to get someone help me shake it.

Have never attempted to wash it. I wonder if that's possible.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 08:22   #309
Senior - BHPian

I use the cover only when I park at hotels and resorts that do not have covered parking. This happens rarely as I normally check for covered parking in hotels even before I check the rooms out. I have a covered garage at home.

I use the TPH pilot. I usually dust off with the Jopasu, spray waterless wash and wipe panel by panel and then use the cover. This will get any dirt marks and bug hits out. This takes me about 15-20 mins tops.

If driven through rain, it needs a complete wash.

TPH pilot series is water resistant and not water proof. Light drizzles are managed well, but in heavy rains the water is likely to seep in, but negligible. It can just be wiped off.

I would not recommend the Pilot series if you are parking out on the road. The cover is so good that it is likely to be stolen. Also it is just too heavy and cumbersome to use on a daily basis.

Hope this helps.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-imageuploadedbyteambhp1546397361.231563.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 00:29   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
... I usually dust off with the Jopasu, spray waterless wash and wipe panel by panel and then use the cover. This will get any dirt marks and bug hits out. This takes me about 15-20 mins tops. ...
Wow, that's dedication! And your car probably shows it compared to mine. I just Jopasu-brush before covering.

As probably mentioned previously, we have a car port, so the car is covered, but still open to the elements. Our elements contain a lot of dust. That, and cat claws, is my reason for covering the car at home.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 21:57   #311
BHPian

After a long chat with the customer service of TPH covers, finally ordered a Skyler series cover for my Abarth Punto.

Picked this one for it's light weight fabric and soft, velvet-like, scratch proof inner surface.

The fit and finish is top-notch and cover seems to grab more attention than the car per se.

Here's some pics:

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20190115_175859compressed.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20190115_180230compressed.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20190115_182112compressed.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 22:16   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks great!

Can you fold yours so that it fits back in the high-quality provided bag? I never could.
Old 15th January 2019, 23:01   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Can you fold yours so that it fits back in the high-quality provided bag? I never could.
I have unpacked it just a couple of hours back. I had to call for help for putting it on let alone folding it back. I don't think I'll be able to do that by myself.

Even though I haven't tried folding it back, I feel the key is to roll it as snugly as possible and fasten it with a couple of nylon ties. That should do the trick!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 15th January 2019 at 23:04. Reason: typo correction
Old 15th January 2019, 23:41   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

You'll work out your own method, but this is what I do with my cover on the polo.

1. take front edge from under car and fold up to windscreen

2. Take back edge, and fold up to radio aerial.

3. remove from wing mirrors.

4. fold each side from bottom of car to middle of roof.

5. fold each side in once again.

6. roll from back to bonnet.

It is almost easier to do than to type. Putting the cover on, of course, is pretty much the same but reversed. If you have a rear roof aerial, getting the pocket over that, and getting the wing-mirror pockets in the right place so that they fall onto the mirrors, is the key to getting it the right place. Ideally, we do this by just unrolling, with no sliding.

Enjoy!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:26   #315
BHPian

Please suggest me a car cover, below are the parameters to help me decide
  1. Car is parked out on the street
  2. No security, but thefts are rare in my area
  3. Need protection from tree sap, car is parked under a tree
  4. Need UV protection, last cover tore off due to sunlight exposure.
  5. Dust protection if possible.
  6. budget 2-3K
  7. Not too worried abut the brands.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks