Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 14:55   #211

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Anyone has used the Coverwell Custom Fit Dupont Car Body Cover from Coverwell? (http://www.coverwell.co.in/).

I heard a lot about Polco but not Coverwell.

Last edited by amit@kumar : 7th April 2015 at 15:08.
amit@kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 19:09   #212
BHPian

Friends,

I have a Rapid (bought on 2nd april 2015) and unfortunately i don't have a covered parking since the covered parking in my apartment fits only a hatchback that too with a lot of struggle, due to very closely constructed pillars. So i want to buy a car cover. My requirements are given below

1. It should be 100% water resistant (i bought a cover for 1000 bucks but its not water resistant)

2. It shouldn't scratch the paint job done on the car.

3. Should be easy to put and remove.

I went through all the conversations in this topic and found that POLCO itself has a N Series brand which is supposed to be 100% water resistant and its heat resistant as well. I have given the link below, please tell me whether this is good enough which would satisfy my requirements.

http://www.amazon.in/Polco-Segment-B...9359632&sr=1-4

Last edited by kiran_cr : 18th April 2015 at 19:16. Reason: corrected Spelling errors
Old 12th June 2015, 08:37   #213
BHPian

This sounds (looks) interesting. Covers the risks of the cover causing swirls, but not sure how much it can withstand the winds.

http://www.polcoindia.com/index.php?...&product_id=83
Old 7th July 2015, 13:08   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

My cover is leaving light scratches on the paint surfaces due to movement with the wind. I put the cover on and off carefully to avoid scratches but inspite of this the car is left with minor scratches due to the rub making the cover flutter and rub against the surface at certain parts. I do buckle up the cover at the bottom.
Is this a problem with all silver tyrek type covers? What is the solution?
Old 7th July 2015, 13:32   #215
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Do we get Dupont Tyek covers for 2 wheeler's? I am specifically looking my classic 350.

I tried searching online and got only one website (polcoindia.com) who sells them, but those are universal fit types and are not made specific to the bike's dimension so I am worried that it may not fit properly. If anyone has experience with polco 2 wheeler covers then please share.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 14th July 2015, 13:39   #216
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any pointers on the above query?

Regards,
Vijay
Old 14th July 2015, 16:29   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Hi Guys,

Any pointers on the above query?

Regards,
Vijay
I had purchased a branded RE cover that was made by POLCO some 5 years back from a dealership (that gave part in 1.5 years) for a premium of Rs. 800. They don't sell it any more. Instead, they get it locally made and sell it without the RE badging, which i find quite value for money compared to OE cover as anyway both of them will give way in year and a half.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 16:16   #218
BHPian

Hi,

Iam planning to purchase Dupont Tyvek car cover, for Wagon R I got 3 prices

Bhavi Motors, Santacurz 3300 INR
Rajiv at Opera House (Mumbai) 2600 INR
Reliance AutoZone, Ghonsali -> do not have.
POLCO SEGMENT CAR (http://www.polcoindia.com) -> 40% discount 1451 INR (with delivery charges)

Is the product genuine from online.

Thanks,
Old 29th September 2015, 16:45   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi,

Iam planning to purchase Dupont Tyvek car cover, for Wagon R I got 3 prices

Bhavi Motors, Santacurz 3300 INR
Rajiv at Opera House (Mumbai) 2600 INR
Reliance AutoZone, Ghonsali -> do not have.
POLCO SEGMENT CAR (http://www.polcoindia.com) -> 40% discount 1451 INR (with delivery charges)

Is the product genuine from online.

Thanks,
I have bought online from Polco. The product is good. You may need to follow-up with them. Hence better to call and confirm before you place the order.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:46   #220
BHPian

I have bought the Silver Series Animal Proof cover online from 'Tph Covers' for my ANHC(3rd Gen City). The price was 4.5k INR but once I received it, it does look worth the penny. Added advantage over the Nomex series which costs 3.5k is that the Silver series is waterproof and lasts for about 4 to 5 years as well.

The fit and finish is extremely good. I had called their support number for details. The personnel said that the material is imported from Germany. I will post an update again once I have used it for a while.

link: http://tphcovers.com/products/silver...oof-53922.html
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-imag2056.jpg  

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-imag2057.jpg  

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-imag2058edited.jpg  

aghate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 08:12   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghate View Post
I have bought the Silver Series Animal Proof cover online from 'Tph Covers' for my ANHC(3rd Gen City).
Do you have an update on how the cover fairs now? I am inclined to buy the Agile or Microlite covers from them and still confused on which to go. Mine is a covered parking with loads of dust being the only menace. Rs. 1950/- for the Agile or Rs. 3950/- for Microlite

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2018 at 13:38. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 29th January 2016, 11:57   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Do you have an update on how the cover fairs now? I am inclined to buy the Agile or Microlite covers from them and still confused on which to go. Mine is a covered parking with loads of dust being the only menace. Rs. 1950/- for the Agile or Rs. 3950/- for Microlite
Hi dre@ms

The cover is good. Using it for more than 3 months now. The fitting is still in immaculate condition, has not become loose. Some cats have been roaming around on my car in my absence, just the pug marks are left as a sign , did not tear or leave any scratches on my car.

Dust is only a problem because of the color of the cover itself. I have to dust it first and then pack it before leaving, a 5-7 minute hassle, nothing more. Not a single particle gets on the car.

As for the confusion between the two options, you can call their helpline and they will assist you with the pros and cons of each. From my experience, I guess the difference in price for the two is more relevant to the durability of the material and how stylish it looks.

Regards,

aghate
Old 29th January 2016, 17:35   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Hi dre@ms

The cover is good. As for the confusion between the two options, you can call their helpline and they will assist you with the pros and cons of each. From my experience, I guess the difference in price for the two is more relevant to the durability of the material and how stylish it looks.
I did contact them, but they were insisting on Microlite which is their best selling product. It is dust proof, scratchless, UV protectant and washable. In terms of Agile, it cannot be washed since the chemical processing would be removed.

May be due to colors available, i will go with Agile which is only available in Silver?
One more worrying part is the material for Microlite, which they say is velvet like. Doesnt this attract more dust?
Old 29th January 2016, 19:19   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I did contact them, but they were insisting on Microlite which is their best selling product. It is dust proof, scratchless, UV protectant and washable. In terms of Agile, it cannot be washed since the chemical processing would be removed.

May be due to colors available, i will go with Agile which is only available in Silver?
One more worrying part is the material for Microlite, which they say is velvet like. Doesnt this attract more dust?

Checked their website again. Yes, Agile is available only in Silver. Looks cool imo. Personally I would be ok if it is not washable and anyways the car is going to be in a covered parking, so no issues. I am not sure how many would actually go into the trouble of washing the car cover. I wouldn't do that myself, unless the white color becomes brown with time.

Velvet like material for Microlite will definitely attract more dust. They will try to push for this one as this costs more buck than Agile. Just check the durability between the both and that should solve your concerns. For me they said that the Silver Series will last for at least 5 years.
Old 29th January 2016, 20:21   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Velvet like material for Microlite will definitely attract more dust. They will try to push for this one as this costs more buck than Agile. Just check the durability between the both and that should solve your concerns. For me they said that the Silver Series will last for at least 5 years.
Yes exactly. Let me check with them on the durability and finalize. Thanks much for the suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks