Team-BHP - Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13386-car-covers-dupont-tph-polco-etc-11.html)

If the antenna is the usual type it will unscrew.

Try Reliance. I am sure they must have a store in Mumbai. In the Ambience Mall, Gurgaon, they sell it for about Rs 2000. Its worth it. Very light and does not scratch the paint.

Which store of reliance are you referring to?

sorry for the second post - but i finally bought the POLCO (Dupont Tyvek) cover from Rajiv at Opera House (Mumbai) for 3650.
The Superb's antenna is retractable when not playing the radio - so no problems.
Its a little bit of a pain to put it on - but should be worth it as I'm away from my car for the next 15-20 days. thx everyone for your responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by shethsa (Post 2769428)
sorry for the second post - but i finally bought the POLCO (Dupont Tyvek) cover from Rajiv at Opera House (Mumbai) for 3650.

Its a little bit of a pain to put it on - but should be worth it as I'm away from my car for the next 15-20 days. thx everyone for your responses

An year ago, Reliance at Ambience Mall, Gurgaon, was selling it for under Rs. 2000!
It takes me under a minute to cover my Superb with it as it is very light.

Has anybody tried Coverite-Xtrabond brand covers? They claim to be 100% waterproof!
This is the product: COVERITE XTRABOND Waterproof CAR COVERS

Cost is on the higher side, but could be worth if their claims regarding it being 100% waterproof are true.
It is available at Autofresh.in. here is the link: COVERITE- Xtrabond 100% Waterproof Car Cover Size SP 3 - Autofresh

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandsun7 (Post 2803243)
Has anybody tried Coverite-Xtrabond brand covers? They claim to be 100% waterproof!
This is the product: COVERITE XTRABOND Waterproof CAR COVERS

Cost is on the higher side, but could be worth if their claims regarding it being 100% waterproof are true.
It is available at Autofresh.in. here is the link: COVERITE- Xtrabond 100% Waterproof Car Cover Size SP 3 - Autofresh

I have coverite cover for my car and it does seem to be waterproof as its seams are kinda fused instead of being stitched as in other covers.

It also has a nice vivid blue color and grommet for tying it down to the underbelly of the car!
It also has air vents for equalization for pressure between outside and the inside, but the material as such is quite rough as compared to tyvek.

I'm afraid that regular installation and removal will cause marring of the paintwork.

Other than that its great! I use it under my tyvek covers for added protection along with a styrofoam sheet for added dent protection! Though I feel like replacing that with another polco tyvek cover as tyvek is so soft and paint safe!

Remember to properly dust the car's paint before installing the cover!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2803273)
I have coverite cover for my car and it does seem to be waterproof as its seams are kinda fused instead of being stitched as in other covers.

It also has a nice vivid blue color and grommet for tying it down to the underbelly of the car!
It also has air vents for equalization for pressure between outside and the inside, but the material as such is quite rough as compared to tyvek.

I'm afraid that regular installation and removal will cause marring of the paintwork.

Other than that its great! I use it under my tyvek covers for added protection along with a styrofoam sheet for added dent protection! Though I feel like replacing that with another polco tyvek cover as tyvek is so soft and paint safe!

Thanks for the information Sohail. The main reason I was interested in these covers is that my car is kept in the open (unfortunately no covered parking slots free in my apartment) During rains, the cover that I use lets in lot of water and the car becomes very dirty! If coverite is really 100% or at least 90% waterproof, it would be really good for me.
But one point you mentioned give me jitters - "but the material as such is quite rough as compared to tyvek" My car is wine red in color and is very prone to small visible scratches! and the area being windy and dusty adds to the problem- the covers moves around so much even if they are tied tight! I feel then these coverite covers would add more scratches to the body especially the area on the bonnet just above the grills, around the sides , fenders, hatch doors etc! Any workaround for this issue? please: Do you still recommend me to go ahead and get one for myself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandsun7 (Post 2803293)
Thanks for the information Sohail. The main reason I was interested in these covers is that my car is kept in the open (unfortunately no covered parking slots free in my apartment) During rains, the cover that I use lets in lot of water and the car becomes very dirty! If coverite is really 100% or at least 90% waterproof, it would be really good for me.
But one point you mentioned give me jitters - "but the material as such is quite rough as compared to tyvek" My car is wine red in color and is very prone to small visible scratches! and the area being windy and dusty adds to the problem- the covers moves around so much even if they are tied tight! I feel then these coverite covers would add more scratches to the body especially the area on the bonnet just above the grills, around the sides , fenders, hatch doors etc! Any workaround for this issue? please: Do you still recommend me to go ahead and get one for myself?

Coverite cover over a tyvek inner cover might do the trick!

Since coverite also has massive roof scoops just so that air doesn't build up inside the cover in case of a gust and prevents ballooning up of the cover! ;)

Sorry to revive this thread after 3 years, but does anyone know if I can get a dupont tyvex cover for a Honda City with space for the antennae and side view mirrors?

Would be pleased if someone points me in the direction of a similar cover for my Yeti.
Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2850131)
Would be pleased if someone points me in the direction of a similar cover for my Yeti.

They are generic covers and not specific to any model. So you have to check the size.

^^Model specific covers are available with car dealerships. The brand of the cover varies, but the material will be mentioned as Dupont Tyvek.

I'm posting on T-BHP after a long time!!
Well I'm in urgent need of a car cover for my Punto. I heard a lot about Dupont Tyvek material hence would go for one made of Tyvek.

Polco is selling one on their website for Rs. 3,390/- while Fiat sells it for Rs. 2,490/-. So the question here is which one should I go for??

Could somebody please tell me what size of a Dupont Tyvek I would have to get for an Old Honda City?