Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 11:56   #271
gpa
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

A nice informative thread. I've been looking to buy a good cover for my Honda Brio since the el-cheapo cover I bought on Amazon a few months ago has become fragile and tears like paper.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:36   #272
BHPian

Tph rainx series cover for innova sport and polco tyvek for ninja.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20170908_123250.jpg  

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20170908_123242.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 23:24   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Tph rainx series cover for innova sport and polco tyvek for ninja.
Hi Vulken Auto, can you please share some more pics of the TPH cover from close? I am really interested to see how it looks from inside? If possible, please share pics of both sides.

Thanks & Regards..Vikas
Old 10th September 2017, 07:30   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Hi Vulken Auto, can you please share some more pics of the TPH cover from close?
Pictures as requested vikas. Its nylon based cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20170910_072610.jpg  

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20170910_072559.jpg  

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20170910_072510.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 12:54   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Since my car will be parked outside my house for long periods of time, I didnt want to compromise on the car cover.

A lot of people highly recommended TPH Covers and I ordered their top of the line Pilot 373 car cover for the Civic.

It comes in a nice carry-bag and is quite heavy. It is supposed to be 4-layered and the layer that touches the car is a soft-touch material. It has the Under Armor branding on it which surprised me. Whatever it is, it is as soft as a good microfibre cloth so I am confident that even if some dust gets trapped there while covering the car, it wouldnt cause major sscratches or swirls on the clear coat.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7055.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7062.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7066.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7069.jpg

You can see the Under Armor branding on the innermost layer.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7075.jpg

The entire cover is tailormade for the car and fits like a glove. It feels really nice when there are no loose edges or parts hanging off the side of the car.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7078.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7083.jpg
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7085.jpg

This car cover is marketed as a fully water proof cover. I had my doubts as the top most layer does absorb some amount of water. It has a very nice hydrophobic layer, but I feel with a consistent burst of water from a hose, it does absorb some of it.

However, the insane rains Bangalore, and especially my area, received on the evening of September 8th clarified my doubts. It rained like I've rarely seen before and the car cover really did it's job. When I removed it the next morning to check on the car, the car itself was dry as a bone.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_7211.jpg

Later, just as a test, I turned on a water hose and pointed it direclty on the hood of the car. The car cover seemed to repel most of the water and after a solid 60-75 second blast of water, I lifted the car cover and saw that the hood was dry as a bone! Very impressed.

I am thoroughly impressed with my initial observations of this car cover and highly recommend it to anyone who has the budget for this. This car cover cost me Rs 11,000/- including free shipping to Bangalore.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:33   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

11k! Wow.

Mine, totl at the time, was 9k, and that felt "wow" enough!

Congratulations on your new cover. I hope we both manage to get years of good use from our substantial investments!

One thing I took to heart from their instructions is "never cover a dirty car."

They say to rinse the car down, which must be best, but for dry dust I always at least Jopasu before covering. I think it is very important that we keep dust away from that soft inner layer.

Also, I brush the dust off the cover before removing it. I don't use Jopasu for that because I don't want to get any wax on the fabric. I use a microfibre car brush.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 26th September 2017 at 13:34.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:23   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Also, I brush the dust off the cover before removing it. I don't use Jopasu for that because I don't want to get any wax on the fabric. I use a microfibre car brush.
I do brush the dust of mine as well before keeping it in the boot. I use the old Jopasu duster for that though. Didn't throw it away, surprisingly does the job quite well.
aghate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:06   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

How to clean the Tph cover? There was something in the instructions about "cleaning instructions on the label" but I have never found such a label.

Even with cat pawprints, I've mostly been able to ceep it clean by just brushing, but it's nice bright blue is looking somewhat subdued now.

This is my plan...

Hopefully, we will soon have rainy days in this city. I don't really feel like doing this in midnight thunderstorms! I will ask the help of the rain, and, if it will not help I will have to make do with the hose.

I will brush and rinse, and then make a mix of mild clothes-wash soap in a bucket. I'll soap the cover, on the car, with this, using a soft brush. Then I'll move the car from under cover and let the rain rinse and rinse and rinse.

Any comments or suggestions?

I don't feel any need to wash the inside layer at this time.
Old 3rd October 2017, 19:07   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

This is my plan...

Hopefully, we will soon have rainy days in this city. I don't really feel like doing this in midnight thunderstorms! I will ask the help of the rain, and, if it will not help I will have to make do with the hose.

I will brush and rinse, and then make a mix of mild clothes-wash soap in a bucket. I'll soap the cover, on the car, with this, using a soft brush. Then I'll move the car from under cover and let the rain rinse and rinse and rinse.

Any comments or suggestions?

I don't feel any need to wash the inside layer at this time.
Somewhat similar to what I did with mine. I put the cover on the car, poured a bucket of water all over it to make it a bit wet. Used the 3M Car Shampoo to apply to it (not sure if that is recommended but proceed with it anyway).

Cleaned the bird dropping marks and some other nasty marks of it with the wash mitt. And just washed it again. This has not hampered the cover in any way so far. No need to wash the inside layer as we put he cover on a clean car every time.

If your car is not in a covered parking then the color shade may fade away with the course of time.
aghate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 22:48   #280
BHPian

Guys need help choosing a new car cover for my 2014 Ford Ecosport.

So far was using the OEM one which lasted for more than 3 years before getting ripped. It costed me around 1500rs and fits like a glove as its made specifically for my car. However i believe its not good for the paint and can cause micro scratches especially under rain.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20140806_014210.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20140810_164804.jpg

Some aftermarket options:

Autofurnish = Rs.900
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-3.jpg

Polco Tyvek = Rs.3800
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-2.jpg

Tph Pilot = Rs.13200
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-1.jpg

I am surprised how much TPH costs. The basic indoor one costs more than 5k, the base outdoor one costs over 8500. Are they worth the price ? Like someone mentioned in previous post, i will have to protect them from getting stolen Also do the aftermarket brands offer custom fit or have one size that fits a lot of models ? The first gen Ecosport has a long antenna on front and spare wheel on back. Do generic covers offer cutouts for the antenna and can accommodate the extra width of spare wheel like an OEM cover does ?
Old 21st November 2017, 01:01   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

I am surprised how much TPH costs. The basic indoor one costs more than 5k, the base outdoor one costs over 8500. Are they worth the price ? Like someone mentioned in previous post, i will have to protect them from getting stolen Also do the aftermarket brands offer custom fit or have one size that fits a lot of models ? The first gen Ecosport has a long antenna on front and spare wheel on back. Do generic covers offer cutouts for the antenna and can accommodate the extra width of spare wheel like an OEM cover does ?
In short, I wasn't impressed by TPH. Sure it feels good, but its vastly overpriced and gets dirty quickly too. I have the basic one. It was fitting well for the car.
Old 21st November 2017, 17:58   #282
BHPian

I got the basic indoor car cover from TPH. Looks smart in red and blue combination and fit is also good. The only problem which has crapped up after 2 washings is the red cloth dust. Seems like the inner coating is coming off and making red flakes. This can scratch a car if not carefully cleaned.
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:21   #283
BHPian

TPH has jacked up their prices very much. Remember buying the dust free cover for my City for around 2.5k 2 yrs back, but now there are no covers < 5k.
Due to its tight fit, the joints started to wear near the end of bonnet area.
Hate the dogs in my society which tore the cover and its no more usable.

Any other alternatives apart from TPH?
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 16:41   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Hate the dogs in my society which tore the cover and its no more usable.

Any other alternatives apart from TPH?
Have the same issue of dogs, cats using the covered car as their battle ground

Do we have any thick covers that can withstand the attack from their paws without getting torn? I have already lost my first cover to them and looking for a cover that can withstand such attacks
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:45   #285
Lij
BHPian

I have been using Dupont Tyvek car cover for my Linea and have mixed reviews.

The first cover I bought alongwith the car from the dealer. The cover lasted me for over a year, and there was small tear which came up close to one year of usage. But this was due to some one scraping the car, mostly some kid on a bicycle, as there were some minor scratch marks where it tore. Apart from this the cover served me very well.

I thought of buying a TPH cover next and called them up thrice and each time they said that they would revert back within an hour with details. But I never received any details from them.

So decided to buy the Dupont Tyvek cover again. I ordered it through the service center, but it was taking some time for them to procure it from FIAT and since I was travelling out of town for 2 weeks I decided to try 99rpm.com

I received the cover within 2 days of ordering and well packaged. But after using it for just a month, the cover has torn at couple of places. One very minor tear where the antenna sits, but the second tear near the rear wheel arch was quite big. It was surprising since it just tore of while I was covering the car. I think it definitely should be manufacturing defect as it can't just tear off like that.

On emailing 99rpm to check if I qualified to get a replacement they replied saying its not covered under warranty by manufacturer.
Not sure whats covered and whats not under warranty as we don't get any warranty details with the cover!!

So now heading to the service center to get the Tyvek cover I ordered through them, hopefully its of a better quality and would last me an year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks