Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 11:15   #346
BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I purchased the water proof one.

Since this is heavy and and the cover goes well below the car on the front and the back, it holds well in a breeze.
I called Geekay to get details, but they don't seem to be much bothered about customer service. In particular, i was wondering what was special about the canvas cover as one US website seemed to say that canvas is better(?).

Geekay did Whatsapp me a couple of snaps of the waterproof cover, but it was hard to make out anything.

Now that you have used the cover for close to half a year, what is your experience with it? Would appreciate your reply. TIA.
Old 14th February 2020, 19:50   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post

Now that you have used the cover for close to half a year, what is your experience with it? Would appreciate your reply. TIA.

I purchased the Geekay® Ford Fiesta Water Resistant Car Cove, not the Canvas. After an year in use, with the car parked outside all the time. The cover has held well, it has discoloured a bit, but the fabric is still strong.

Based on my experience with it for an year, I will happily buy it again.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 17:23   #348
BHPian

I was going through the thread for recommendations and reached out to TPH Covers for a custom size as I had added a spoiler to the car.

Selected the cover and requested a discount if possible. Turned out they are having a discount for Holi currently on and the same was provided to my purchase.

Leaving this here if someone wants to upgrade their car covers.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not related in business or otherwise with TPH, this was an opportunity for me to share an ongoing sale that might benefit the community.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-file.enc.jpg  

Old 5th March 2020, 18:44   #349
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good and durable cover for old type Alto? I usually by the MGA cover from MSM for about Rs 1000 and it lasts for roughly 18 months before it starts tearing. The problem is rain water from an apartment sunshade dripping on the cover from a height of about 30 feet, since the car is parked open to sky.
Old 10th March 2020, 15:15   #350
BHPian

Interesting pricing by www.tphcovers.com, any idea what the difference could be

A bigger vehicle gets the same cover for a cheaper price

Can anyone suggest a better company
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by sreejinair : 10th March 2020 at 15:25.
sreejinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 19:28   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Interesting pricing by
A bigger vehicle gets the same cover for a cheaper price

Can anyone suggest a better company
Buy the bigger vehicle/ cheaper one

Try the one’s that Toyota sells. To give you an idea, I use the one they have for Corolla on my M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Well recommend me something for my Tiguan. I do see some online on amazon, flipkart. No idea how they are.
I will pick what they sell for Toyota Innova. There are apparently 2 variants and you may have to order if they don’t have stocks. They also might need a VIN of an Innova. You can ask any of your knowns or maybe the dealership store can help. These last 2-3 years at least in outdoors but they are absolutely safe on the Paint. Leaves no swirl or scratches that most other local brands do.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th March 2020 at 19:37.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 19:30   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Buy the bigger vehicle, cheaper one

Try the one’s that Toyota sells. To give you an idea, I use the one they have for Corolla on my M4
Well recommend me something for my Tiguan. I do see some online on amazon, flipkart. No idea how they are.
Old 14th March 2020, 21:55   #353
BHPian

Review of the order placed previously.

TPH RANGER White 2020. Custom order.

CARRYCASE

The delivery comes in 2 soft bags like the Jopasu duster cover without the transparent part.The outerbag and a daily use carry bag with handles.

LOCKING MECHANISM

The cover has detachable belt with plastic end for locks. This was a great concern as the plastic part dangles about scratching the surface area when putting on the cover.

The end part of the locks are hidden and stitched at the bottom sides of the cover.

FIT

The fitting is like a skin fit jeans. I was scared to pull it thinking it might tear apart, but it came along well and fit perfectly exposing only the very bottom part of the tyres.

One can see the number plate through the front as it’s quite ‘fit’

STYLING

Looks very professional like the ones used in motor-sport events.

Advised to not use this in a doubtful area as it looks too good and might get stolen.

AIR RESSITANCE

The cover seems held in place quite well. A child would not be able to pull it off the car. Does not seem likely that the air would be able to take the cover off the car too.

The horizontal locking mechanism should also help keep it under wraps

CONCLUSION

Seems like this should last long, unless the cover gets stolen itself (!)

They had only white available. They should add colours which do not attract attention while keeping the car moderately cool under the sun.

Recommended
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-615fda133dab4b69969ee4ab6dca7e7f.jpeg  

Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 21:29   #354
BHPian

Here's my Hexa with TPH Gladiator cover which I got from Amazon for 12k. Quite a steal IMO, considering it sells for 16.4k on the TPH website.

Bird poop seems to stick on the cover, although it gets off with some effort. I haven't bothered to try cleaning it. Other than that the cover is pretty excellent.

Just clueless how I'll go about maintaining the cover during monsoons considering the size of both the car and cover.

Here's a pick from back in February.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20200415_165354_6442.jpg
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 13:51   #355
BHPian

Guys, I just ordered a Polco Tyvek cover for my Hyundai Venue from here https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082VJKFBZ?ref=myi_title_dp
Going by the recent posts about polco, will this be a good purchase or should I cancel/return the product?
Old 5th June 2020, 06:40   #356
BHPian

I have a 2010 Hyundai Accent that needs a waterproof car cover because it is parked outdoors. Last year water ended up leaking into the boot and filling the spare wheel well. The garage I took it to said they fixed the rubber lining but I don't want to take any chances.

Bought a ZANTEX car cover off Amazon for Rs.1100 but it didn't hold up to the showers caused by cyclone Nisarga over the past two days, the body of the car is quite wet.

Going through this thread, the TPH Aqua King seems to be a good choice but at Rs.8000 is a significant percentage when compared to the current value of my car. Is there any cover under Rs.3000 that will work?
Old 5th June 2020, 16:45   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Guys, I just ordered a Polco Tyvek cover for my Hyundai Venue from here https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082VJKFBZ?ref=myi_title_dp
Going by the recent posts about polco, will this be a good purchase or should I cancel/return the product?
UPDATE
So the cover was delivered the next day, and I put it on the car in the evening before the cyclone. Must say it held up quite nicely and is of good quality for the price (3200). Now I hope it lasts for a good amount of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20200602_192908.jpg  

aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 17:07   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
Going through this thread, the TPH Aqua King seems to be a good choice but at Rs.8000 is a significant percentage when compared to the current value of my car. Is there any cover under Rs.3000 that will work?
You can take a look at Polco covers. They have good variety and rates are reasonable as well.
Old 9th June 2020, 21:47   #359
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I am seeing a lot of praises for TPH covers. Can anyone please highlight the models which have a softer inner material? I have done ceramic coating on my drive and so far, the car is relatively swirl free. I have tried using the company provides cover for a couple of times, in an absolutely clean car. To my astonishment, I could see swirls marks after a couple of days on edges and bonnet.

The situation has changed due to Covid and I dont drive everyday. It pains me immensely seeing my car parked in the Delhi heat. The requirement is softer/microfibre kind of material on inside which would not scratch the paint surface.
Old 9th June 2020, 23:00   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I am seeing a lot of praises for TPH covers. Can anyone please highlight the models which have a softer inner material? I have done ceramic coating on my drive and so far, the car is relatively swirl free. I have tried using the company provides cover for a couple of times, in an absolutely clean car. To my astonishment, I could see swirls marks after a couple of days on edges and bonnet.

The situation has changed due to Covid and I dont drive everyday. It pains me immensely seeing my car parked in the Delhi heat. The requirement is softer/microfibre kind of material on inside which would not scratch the paint surface.
I have used the TPH cover for almost 2 years now. I had used 2 sets of Polco covers before that. Now moved to another set of Polco cover as my car is in a stilt parking.

TPH covers are good and strong, but my observation is that most of the good covers are breathable which means some amount of dust does pass through them. If not when new, then when they get a bit old and this dust ends up in swirl marks.

But now with the current situation, since the cars might be stationary for a longer time, these covers can make better sense. In day to day use, taking off the cover, getting it on also would result in some swirls.

In our conditions, you cannot runaway from swirls even if you park your car in your drawing room just because there is dust everywhere. I think it is better to spend energy on finding a routine or a setup which minimizes them and keeps them hidden (Polish or wax).

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks