Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 12:03   #391
BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I went ahead and bought Polco water resistant cover for my Linea.
Hey Abhi, I'm also looking for a cover for my T-Jet. Is this cover tougher than the Dupont Tyvec ones? Is the inner surface smooth?
Old 1st August 2021, 19:33   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Is this cover tougher than the Dupont Tyvec ones? Is the inner surface smooth?
Hi theredliner, I am not sure if I have used the Dupont Tyvec ones. The earlier two which I bought were quite basic silver coloured ones. First one I bought while taking delivery and not sure about the brand.
Second was the Polco one but again pretty basic.

The latest cover is 10 times better than earlier ones. It’s internal surface is pretty smooth and definitely looks tougher.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:33   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
... I am not sure if I have used the Dupont Tyvec ones. ...
Tyvek is pretty memorable. It looks and feels flimsy and lightweight, but just try to rip it, and (unless you are a cat) you will fail miserably. It has incredible rip strength.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:06   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It has incredible rip strength.
In that case, I suppose haven’t used them. The one cover which I got was torn in few places pretty much soon in its lifetime.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:21   #395
Senior - BHPian

I had bought the TPH Aqua king cover for my new Swift on Mar 2019. The cover cost a whopping 5.3k and was used and removed daily. I would wrap it up and store the cover at home before driving and would put it back again after coming home from work. Car was covered 99% with the cover when it was parked at home.

These pics were taken in Mar 2020 just around when the lockdown was announced.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-before1.jpg

Looks likes a Porsche Cayane eh! underneath the cover
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-before2.jpg
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-before3.jpg
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-before4.jpg

These pics were taken today in the morning. The car due to long running pandemic since 2020 is parked most of the time and rarely used. The left rear was viscioulsy jet sprayed by four legged organisms who wanted to mark the territory as their own.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-after1.jpg

The cover chipped due to animal urine.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-after2.jpg
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-after3.jpg

Looks like a poor man's car now
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-after4.jpg

At 5.3k I expected the cover atleast not to tear. The Nomex version I had earlier seemed tougher. The side glass section accumulates water which probably also caused the side mirror open close assembly to malfunction. Yes I could have kept it cleaner but the wear and tear is not justified for the price tag. It should have held better. Plus the animal urine caused the cover to simply crack in places. Overall dissapointed with the Aqua King cover. The only sliver lining was the cover protected the car when one the of the children playing accidently dashed his cycle against the car. The dash left a mark on the cover but the car was unscathed touchwood.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 16th September 2021 at 20:37.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:38   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

At 5.3k I expected the cover atleast not to tear. The Nomex version I had earlier seemed tougher. The side glass section would accumulate water which probably also caused the side mirror open close assembly to malfunction. Yes I could have kept it cleaner but the wear and tear is not justified for the price tag. It should have held better. Plus the animal urine caused the cover to simply shred in places. Overall dissapointed with the Aqua King cover. The only sliver lining was the cover protected the car when one the of the children playing accidently dashed his cycle against the car. The dash left a mark on the cover but the car was unscathed touchwood.
Nomex AFAIR was from their Pet friendly range and they claimed good resistance against animal abuse.

However Aqua King being their outdoor use covers, should have fared well IMO.
Old 16th September 2021, 22:28   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had bought the TPH Aqua king cover for my new Swift on Mar 2019. ... ... ... Looks like a poor man's car now
What a sad state of affairs

Mine is about five years old, and has had no major damage. Big differences:
Mine is kept under a car port. It gets drips, but never a soaking.

It is subject to cats, but they have not sprayed on it. There are some small clawholes.

It is impregnated with dust. It just needs a good beating, and maybe vacuum.

It was about 9k, back then: I gather that their TOTL covers are about 50% more now!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 08:41   #398
BHPian

No matter how good the cover of TPH is, their service is downright pathetic. I first opted for their NOMEX range which they claim to be resistant to animal damage. Despite repetitive requests of accommodating ORVM and Antenna provisions, they didn't fulfill that. And I received a shabby looking cover. When confronted, the lady who was dealing all along shamelessly acknowledged that it's a goof-up and that they sent the cover of some other model.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210826wa0045.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210826wa0046.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210826wa0047.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210826wa0048.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210826wa0049.jpg

They denied any pickup, and wanted me to ship the cover. Well I did, and thankfully via a cheap courier since reputed ones like DTDC, BlueDart were charging more than 1000 Rupees. When I forwarded her the tracking ID, she refused to reimburse it and then reveals that I should have let the recipient pay for the charges. Well she didn't tell me that in the first place. Hence I ended up paying for someone else's mistake.

Leaving the bad experience behind, I decided to give them another chance, and this time went with their Pilot 777 series. Thankfully the ORVM and antenna provisions were there.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210916wa0028.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210916wa0029.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210916wa0030.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210916wa0031.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210916wa0032.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img20210916wa0033.jpg

Product is excellent, but their way of dealing with customers when things go bad is very unprofessional.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 09:11   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKMADDY17 View Post
Product is excellent, but their way of dealing with customers when things go bad is very unprofessional.
I agree and this left a bad taste in my case too.

I went with their Aqua King series for my 800 since it had a soft lined surface on the inside. Also because this series offered customization options, I decided to get the old winged Maruti logo for an extra Rs. 1500.

The logo was nicely done in terms of size and placement but the printing was very bad and it had many chips right on day one.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20210211_191944.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20210211_191948.jpg

When I expressed my displeasure about the same, I got some silly excuses about how they send these covers to Dubai and never receive any complain. I mean how does it concern me if they send their product to Dubai or North Pole?

No apology or any kind of compensation was offered. Dealing with them is fine only till the time everything goes as planned. Their so called customer care is a joke.

Thankfully the cover is awesome:

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20210921_090010.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 18:53   #400
BHPian

Previously i had Pilot 777 for the Vento. Fit was perfect and for first 3 years it served well. I have open parking that means it gets battered with all elements of nature. One of the draw back was car cover was very heavy. At the end of 3rd year of ownership water repellent started to wear off at rapid pace, color of cover faded quickly. Water started to seep in larger amount during downpour. Recently reached out to TPH and explained the situation about performance of the cover. Revert back from them was water repellant will last only around 3 years approx. This is no where mentioned in the marketing material.

It's time again for purchase of new car cover. I was looking into market gain if there were any new players who can offer similar material at a competitive cost, but couldn't find any for the moment.

From TPH stable can anyone share experience for the below. I believe there might be some change in last 4 years from the time i bought hence would like to get some latest inputs.
  1. SOVEREIGN
  2. PILOT-777

Both of these are at premium pricing. If one consider Pilot 777 life for 3 years, it will still end up costing 5K plus for a year investment on a car cover. Did anyone else of esteemed forum member were able to get an alternative to TPH? Appreciate your inputs.

Have extensively used Tyvek before, they were electrostatic shock magnet. Number of times I got hit with shock was good enough to decide against it forever.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 28th October 2021 at 18:57.
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:47   #401
BHPian

TPH car cover got delivered at last. This time it wasn't shipped through Fedex. Little disappointed on that end. Opted for premium one SOVEREIGN which had 1 extra layer and cost difference between SOVEREIGN & PILOT-777 was 5000/- Rs. In the sales pitch it was mentioned that SOVEREIGN will last a little longer compared to PILOT-777 due to extra layer. Somehow i went with sales pitch but later realized, if the hydrophobic layer disintegrated before time and stiches start showing bigger holes this extra layer will not be of much help. Let's see how it fares out in next 3-4 years.

Car will be parked under a tree and will see all elements of nature, hopefully this will justify very expensive splurge in SOVEREIGN. Pictures to follow next soon.

Have used PILOT-373 before and PILOT-777 is an upgraded version of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-deliver.jpg  

Old 4th November 2021, 01:46   #402
BHPian

With Diwali fast approaching i was getting more nervous to protect the new acquisition. It's a open parking and there is no control on what can happen on a given day. I have used TPH covers before and was looking for an alternative. There nothing which was offering at same quality with decent price tag.

Compounding to my issue was for the current vehicle the options were near to none in the market, other than manufacturer provided covers which is also out of stock at all dealers. With no option at hand reached out to TPH customer care. Process was straight forward.
  1. Options for the different types of cover were shared by TPH
  2. I had interest in 2 of the types PILOT-777 & SOVEREIGN
  3. Few back and forth went down clarifying doubts
  4. Available color options for cover was shared by TPH
  5. Once the finalized on the type of cover (SOVEREIGN), requested for any festive discount available. Glad that there was some discount being offered, it wasn't much, but better than paying MRP. TPH team helped here with final pricing.
  6. TPH sales team re-confirmed the model and vehicle number again
  7. QR code was shared by TPH went ahead and made the payment with a request for faster delivery.
  8. Order placed on 29/10 and delivered on 03/11. Kudos for a faster turn around.

TPH sales team kept the promise and dispatched it on time. Shared the tracking number on request.

Received cover today and initial impression are as follows. My benchmarks are based on used to Pilot-373.
  • This cover is heavier than PILOT-373
  • Both outer and inner material are also different as it seems polyester based. PILOT 777 outer material and SOVEREIGN seems similar based on company promotional material.

This how the cover was delivered today by courier. I was little petrified looking at it. It wasn't covered with any bubble warp for protection.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5353.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5355.jpg

On opening the cover there was another cover inside. Khul ja sim sim moment. Phew sigh of relief to see a known sight. This cover had handles too to carry it too. Thank you no cost cutting here.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5357.jpg

Without wasting much time open the cover bag. There it was in a gorgeous red color.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5359.jpg

Other contents along with car cover.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5360.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5361.jpg

Inner lining is a very soft fabric. For now it looks premium but once tiny drop of water start seeping in then question comes to my mind is that will it dry quick?

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5364.jpg

Outer material felt little plasticky as it is polyester based. Hard to describe it exactly. With the help of my little helper we managed to put the cover on. Concern is will this let the car breathe some air?

Without further ado let the pictures talk on fit and finish.

Side view. As you can observe it is way too tight snug fit. Felt little uncomfortable with such tight fit as it needed some effort to pull those elastics both in front and back.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-photo20211103151901.jpg

Front view

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-photo20211103151931-1.jpg

Rear view

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-photo20211103151956.jpg

Some observation post the cover was put on.

Not a fan of the way these stiches have caused the fabric not to have a clean and crisp look on the bonnet.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-54f7679dcacd46d4956417d8f4bc2162.jpg

On the wing mirrors the elastic is right on the middle rather than at the end. I don't recollect having a similar design in my earlier cover. Do other who have purchase recently have the same observation?

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-15c30faf555841d2a0ea9141fb76cc10.jpg

Instantly messaged TPH with the above observations. Manager left a message that elastic on middle of wing mirror is intended design. With usage fabric on bonnet will sit better. Quite an effort was required to pull the elastic both in front and rear. It was communicated that this will also loosen up a bit in some time. For now have accepted it on face value and the brand. Will try again putting cover for couple of days and see how it goes. Does it change opinions any further?

This red color stands out. Not sure how long will it sustain under the harsh environment. There was option to choose black as colors on the wing mirrors. It would have looked good but decided against it. Thought process was that rather than dual tone color with a single tone it is easier to mask color fading in future.

Haven't done any hydrophobic test yet. These covers are one of the best out there, given you can splurge on it. Yes alternate cheaper options are available and one can afford 2-3 units of those for the same cost of 1 TPH unit over the period of ownership. Then why this one? For me it was buy it and forget about changing. It was one time investment for 3 years and hopefully it will sustain 4 years. Past experience with TPH was also a factor to go with the brand. If there was another company in market with similar proposition's and product line up i would have definitely given them a try. For now it is TPH SOVEREIGN

Misc: Sales material from TPH.
PILOT 777
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-photo20211022110728-1.jpg

SOVEREIGN
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-photo20211022110728.jpg

Note: I am involved with TPH Covers as customer only. Views shared are personal here. All trade marks and any copyright information is owned by TPH Covers and any of it's affiliates.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 4th November 2021 at 01:52.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 17:43   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Here's a pic of the B++ cover that didn't fit!!

Also mentions the cars covered under different segments(last pic)
I recently ordered Polco car cover from their website selecting the exact model of my car Hyundai Tucson. They sent me a cover which is meant for old models. I have complained about it however they are not ready to return or refund. Any guidance on where can I escalate it. This is lying useless. Feel like I have wasted my money. Did not expect this from a brand like Polco. Amy help shall be appreciated.
Old 19th November 2021, 12:40   #404
BHPian

I have made up my mind to purchase a TPH cover for my VW Polo GT TSI.
Primarily my car will be parked at my apartment basement where there will be no sun exposure/water splashing other than if someone washed their car next to mine. But I will also be parking the car more frequently at my mother's place which is a carport. However, there will be direct sunlight (harsh) as well as heavy water splashing on the rear end when it rains.

My major reason to purchase the cover is that I wanted to park the car in my apartment basement where I am afraid of kids as well as the people causing small scratches and also to prevent dust. I don't use the car daily but probably once or twice a week only. The last time I used a car cover was in 2006-2008 on my Swift, which was an MGA cover.

I was considering the HAMSTER / ALPHA / MESSLITO series covers from TPH and I felt the Pilot / Sovereign models are excessively overpriced.

I could not find any relevant information about these specific models even after an intense search on the internet. I am mostly concerned about the inside material used. I don't want the cover to scratch the paint finish or leave with swirl marks. I know the Sovereign and Pilot series comes with soft/velvet kind of insider material. But those are 3/4 layered covers. Whereas the models that I have indicated are only 2 layers. Thus the confusion.

I have approached TPH through their social media handles and they haven't given me a proper answer. Instead, they told me the only difference between the models shall be thickness and outer material.

They told me Hamster is 160 GSM thick and made of Polyamide 2 layer fabric. Same with Alpha but the thickness will be more but hasn't specified by how much more. Whereas for the MESSLITO, they told me the inside will be a velvet finished material but it shall be only for indoors and cannot repel water at all.

This put me in a clueless situation. Does anyone have any insights about these products, please share. It will be a great help. Any photos, then even better.
Old 21st November 2021, 01:19   #405
BHPian

Here a update on the TPH Sovereign cover. It has drizzled for past 3 days and the car was parked under the tree.

There was no water stagnant on the top.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5525.jpg

Water beads on the sides.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5527.jpg

Still moisture did seep in.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img5530.jpg

Over all did offer anything more than Pilot 777 ? Not really in short term. I would expect durability aspect of Sovereign to last more than Pilot 777 due to extra layer. This can be only realized on long term.
CircleOfLife is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed