Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Old 30th July 2021, 12:03   #391
BHPian

Default Re: Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I went ahead and bought Polco water resistant cover for my Linea.
Hey Abhi, I'm also looking for a cover for my T-Jet. Is this cover tougher than the Dupont Tyvec ones? Is the inner surface smooth?
Old 1st August 2021, 19:33   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Is this cover tougher than the Dupont Tyvec ones? Is the inner surface smooth?
Hi theredliner, I am not sure if I have used the Dupont Tyvec ones. The earlier two which I bought were quite basic silver coloured ones. First one I bought while taking delivery and not sure about the brand.
Second was the Polco one but again pretty basic.

The latest cover is 10 times better than earlier ones. Itís internal surface is pretty smooth and definitely looks tougher.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 23:33   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
... I am not sure if I have used the Dupont Tyvec ones. ...
Tyvek is pretty memorable. It looks and feels flimsy and lightweight, but just try to rip it, and (unless you are a cat) you will fail miserably. It has incredible rip strength.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:06   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It has incredible rip strength.
In that case, I suppose haven’t used them. The one cover which I got was torn in few places pretty much soon in its lifetime.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:21   #395
Senior - BHPian

I had bought the TPH Aqua king cover for my new Swift on Mar 2019. The cover cost a whopping 5.3k and was used and removed daily. I would wrap it up and store the cover at home before driving and would put it back again after coming home from work. Car was covered 99% with the cover when it was parked at home.

These pics were taken in Mar 2020 just around when the lockdown was announced.

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-before1.jpg

Looks likes a Porsche Cayane eh! underneath the cover
Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-before2.jpg
Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-before3.jpg
Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-before4.jpg

These pics were taken today in the morning. The car due to long running pandemic since 2020 is parked most of the time and rarely used. The left rear was viscioulsy jet sprayed by four legged organisms who wanted to mark the territory as their own.

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-after1.jpg

The cover chipped due to animal urine.
Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-after2.jpg
Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-after3.jpg

Looks like a poor man's car now
Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-after4.jpg

At 5.3k I expected the cover atleast not to tear. The Nomex version I had earlier seemed tougher. The side glass section accumulates water which probably also caused the side mirror open close assembly to malfunction. Yes I could have kept it cleaner but the wear and tear is not justified for the price tag. It should have held better. Plus the animal urine caused the cover to simply crack in places. Overall dissapointed with the Aqua King cover. The only sliver lining was the cover protected the car when one the of the children playing accidently dashed his cycle against the car. The dash left a mark on the cover but the car was unscathed touchwood.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 16th September 2021 at 20:37.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:38   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

At 5.3k I expected the cover atleast not to tear. The Nomex version I had earlier seemed tougher. The side glass section would accumulate water which probably also caused the side mirror open close assembly to malfunction. Yes I could have kept it cleaner but the wear and tear is not justified for the price tag. It should have held better. Plus the animal urine caused the cover to simply shred in places. Overall dissapointed with the Aqua King cover. The only sliver lining was the cover protected the car when one the of the children playing accidently dashed his cycle against the car. The dash left a mark on the cover but the car was unscathed touchwood.
Nomex AFAIR was from their Pet friendly range and they claimed good resistance against animal abuse.

However Aqua King being their outdoor use covers, should have fared well IMO.
Old 16th September 2021, 22:28   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had bought the TPH Aqua king cover for my new Swift on Mar 2019. ... ... ... Looks like a poor man's car now
What a sad state of affairs

Mine is about five years old, and has had no major damage. Big differences:
Mine is kept under a car port. It gets drips, but never a soaking.

It is subject to cats, but they have not sprayed on it. There are some small clawholes.

It is impregnated with dust. It just needs a good beating, and maybe vacuum.

It was about 9k, back then: I gather that their TOTL covers are about 50% more now!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 08:41   #398

No matter how good the cover of TPH is, their service is downright pathetic. I first opted for their NOMEX range which they claim to be resistant to animal damage. Despite repetitive requests of accommodating ORVM and Antenna provisions, they didn't fulfill that. And I received a shabby looking cover. When confronted, the lady who was dealing all along shamelessly acknowledged that it's a goof-up and that they sent the cover of some other model.

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210826wa0045.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210826wa0046.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210826wa0047.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210826wa0048.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210826wa0049.jpg

They denied any pickup, and wanted me to ship the cover. Well I did, and thankfully via a cheap courier since reputed ones like DTDC, BlueDart were charging more than 1000 Rupees. When I forwarded her the tracking ID, she refused to reimburse it and then reveals that I should have let the recipient pay for the charges. Well she didn't tell me that in the first place. Hence I ended up paying for someone else's mistake.

Leaving the bad experience behind, I decided to give them another chance, and this time went with their Pilot 777 series. Thankfully the ORVM and antenna provisions were there.

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210916wa0028.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210916wa0029.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210916wa0030.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210916wa0031.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210916wa0032.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-img20210916wa0033.jpg

Product is excellent, but their way of dealing with customers when things go bad is very unprofessional.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 09:11   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKMADDY17 View Post
Product is excellent, but their way of dealing with customers when things go bad is very unprofessional.
I agree and this left a bad taste in my case too.

I went with their Aqua King series for my 800 since it had a soft lined surface on the inside. Also because this series offered customization options, I decided to get the old winged Maruti logo for an extra Rs. 1500.

The logo was nicely done in terms of size and placement but the printing was very bad and it had many chips right on day one.

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-20210211_191944.jpg

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-20210211_191948.jpg

When I expressed my displeasure about the same, I got some silly excuses about how they send these covers to Dubai and never receive any complain. I mean how does it concern me if they send their product to Dubai or North Pole?

No apology or any kind of compensation was offered. Dealing with them is fine only till the time everything goes as planned. Their so called customer care is a joke.

Thankfully the cover is awesome:

Premium Car Covers - (Dupont, TPH, etc)-20210921_090010.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed