Team-BHP - Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13386-car-covers-dupont-tph-polco-etc-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1734992)
Yes Sir. There are photos on this page as well as on the previous page to support the same. B segment is for Estilo and other tall boys. Needless to say we have to try it on before we pay.

Thanks a ton for the pictures. Helps a lot.

BTW, When I got mine from MASS, it was body fit for my swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 1735159)
Thanks a ton for the pictures. Helps a lot.

BTW, When I got mine from MASS, it was body fit for my swift.

Hi Lambu,

The cover which you got from the MASS, is manufactured by Polco ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi (Post 1735213)
Hi Lambu,

I dont remember seeing Polco's on the cover. Bought it a year back. But it is sold in MASS accessories section. Believe it to be a authentic sale from maruti side about TYVEX covers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1734701)
Try for Dupont segment B. Lemme know if you need phone numbers.

Prince, I tried the B++ size (Polco - the one in the pic) - it fits the length but not the breadth/height. When you pull down on one side, the other goes up!
Won't "B" be a size even smaller?

^^You are asking for which car ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen2001 (Post 1735869)
Prince, I tried the B++ size (Polco - the one in the pic) - it fits the length but not the breadth/height. When you pull down on one side, the other goes up!
Won't "B" be a size even smaller?

Same here! but as I'm using a sedan spec 'C++' size, its quite expected!

In my case, it just ends at the right place!
HGA cover used to cover whole of the wheels too!(I liked that!)

Tired of hunting, trial & error I ordered an MGA cover for my Ritz today. It comes in 2 options I guess one of which is tyvek. I got mine for 980/- so its obviously not. But its got the Polco label. Here are some pics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen2001 (Post 1736259)
Tired of hunting, trial & error I ordered an MGA cover for my Ritz today. It comes in 2 options I guess one of which is tyvek. I got mine for 980/- so its obviously not. But its got the Polco label. Here are some pics:

Tyvex cover should be the one below the option which is selected for your car cover. Image 1. Silver is the so called parachute material, dont know the exact term for it.

Tyvex will be white in color and should atleast cost you 1500 INR. You could have asked MGA specifically for TYVEX. They do have it.

Enjoy the ride

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi (Post 1735213)
Hi Lambu,

I washed my car cover last weekend and I did notice the POLCO India Tag on it.

On another note : Is anyone aware of Tyvex covers for Bikes ? I desperately need one. Help please:

Does anyone know if the OE covers offered by Honda for their cars are Polco/Tyvek make?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1764905)
Does anyone know if the OE covers offered by Honda for their cars are Polco/Tyvek make?

They are from Polco Industries.

Guys, Is Tyvek cover 100% waterproof? I mean like in heavy rains does the car under it remain dry? I am kind of worried by the wordings used by manufacturer "SUPERIOR water resistance". By waterproof I mean like my bike tarpaulin cover. No matter how much it rained on it bike(parked outside) remained dry. Not a single drop anywhere on chassis.

Last night rains drenched the car (parked outside) throughly in spite of it being under so called Parachute material car cover. The material just stuck to car like saree stuck to Sridevi in Mr. India rain song. :)

Yes! I can confirm they are waterproof yet breathable!!

You wont believe, but the temperature of the car under a Tyvek cover is cooler than the surroundings! :D

currently, my i20 is covered with three layers of covers!(2 tyveks and the outermost parachute material cover)

though my neighbors wash their cars from 2nd and third floors!!(lol) and that leads to lot of water ending up on my car covers too!

but never has the water gone past the tyvek cover! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 1852190)

currently, my i20 is covered with three layers of covers!(2 tyveks and the outermost parachute material cover)

Well I guess its the layers which are making the difference. I got the Tyvek cover(polco tag is there) and water did sneak during showers yesterday.
Of course the amount of water that went through was not much, but it was there. Definitely there.

Found Tyvek cover for the Superb in Chandigarh with a dealer for Rs 3000.