Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 08:51   #106
BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Where in Bangalore can we buy this Tyvek DuPont car cover? I haven't checked Reliance Autozone but I will tomorrow. Apart from R AZ, is this cover available with anyone else?
Cheers,
aK
@ ak : If you are looking it for Maruti Vehicles, you can get it in their showrooms. I got one from there only.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:06   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^Tyvek is just the name of the fabric made by Dupont, the covers themselves are made by independent mfrs. Polco is the best I think, and can be ordered online.
Hi Gansan,

I was aware of that, but thanks. I want to know where I can pick up one physically in B'lore. Only if that is not an option, do I want to look buying online. I've already checked Polco's online store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
@ ak : If you are looking it for Maruti Vehicles, you can get it in their showrooms. I got one from there only.
Hi lambuhere1,

No, my vehicle is not a Maruti make.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:22   #108
BHPian

Wouldnt these covers cause scratches on the car?Problem is it gets dusty,is very hard to clean so remains dusty.Now when we try to remove the cover it rubs against the cars paint and the dust makes a lot of tiny bit significant amount of scratches marring the paint quality.

So whats the advantage of using these covers?
Old 29th September 2011, 18:47   #109
BHPian

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let the mumbai folks know that the dealers finally got delivery for the car cover. I just got mine for the 2006 Corolla from a dealer near Opera House, Mr Rajeev (+91 9820123452).

As per him Dupont has introduced a new category called the E class for BMW 7, Merc S and Audi A8 series.

I had tried to track down a dealer for the past 2 months but could not find a supplier in either Gurgaon or Pune for a tyvek cover which fit the Corolla. The dealers unfortunately had one for the altis which was tight on the older generation.

HR
Old 16th October 2011, 00:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hi Members,

Just got the Tyvek cover for my car [@ B'lore]. Bought it off Reliance AutoZone on K.H road [double road].

The M.R.P was Rs. 3125/- but the price at RA was Rs. 1529/- only [this is why I thought buying it locally might be sensible]. By not buying online, I saved 50%.

Haven't tried it on the car yet as it's dirty but the material is much different from the local silver colored car cover and yes, I remember having received parcel covers with the same material.

Will be pleased it if works as advertised.

Someone above asked advantages. Well, protects from UV rays, keeps the car cooler than other covers, is breathable and more 'resistant' to water.

Read about the product here: http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek/en_US/u...ar_covers.html

All Reliance AutoZone have the Polco covers [silver and Tyvek] so please look there before you buy from elsewhere [RA outside HSR layout does not have stock of B++ category Tyvek cover for a loooooong time].

Cheers,
aK

Last edited by k_ajay : 16th October 2011 at 00:27. Reason: Correction of a typo error. Edit: Added link to product page.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:06   #111
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone bought a Tyvek cover for a Honda Civic ? I'm asking because i would like to know if it fits perfectly like the original cover which has an elastic at the front and the rear to keep it from flying off.

I would have liked to buy it from a Honda dealer so that you get a perfect fit but when i asked at Linkway Honda the other day and they said that they don't have Tyvek covers.

Thanks
Revvhed
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:51   #112
BHPian

Can anyone foretell what should be the ideal life of a Polco Tyvek cover?
I had brought a Polco Tyvek cover for my Bullet Electra that had 'Royal Enfield' logo on it from RE Dealer here. It lasted only 3 years - it was literally torn after 3 years till i disposed it off. Had paid some Rs. 900/- then.
And my motorcycle is parked in a shade. The cover is used just for protection from dust settlement.
I would not suggest Polco covers. Tyvek itself is good but maybe Polco is not using authentic material.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:22   #113
BHPian

Within silver covers, there are a variety of materials available. I buy the thickest variety for 500 bucks and it last me for 6 to 8 months under the sun. During monsoons, I use the heavier blue one over the silver one for water protection. Only very fine dust manages to settle on the car. Wash and Silicon Glaze takes care of it every 2 months.

For my 2 wheelers, I prefer the blue one all year round, since they are better suited in an area infested with friendly neighbours and their 4 legged spraying machines.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

Just a normal statement.

I am a distributor of Dupont's tyvek for the north india region for graphic / tag/ label / envelope and some other application ( not the car covers) and I can assure each and everyone of you that using tyvek over the normal car cover is totally worth it. ( Please excuse the commercial part as I am totally away from the Car Cover Division of Tyvek)

I'm really glad to see a product which actually is good compared to other cheaper alternatives being accepted in the market.

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 17th January 2012 at 16:37.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 09:49   #115
BANNED

Polco uses material from duPont, but as far as I know it is not Tyvek.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:53   #116
Senior - BHPian

I went to Reliance because I wanted to get a Polco Tyvek cover and the only ones from Polco they had were the silver ones which definitely arent tyvek. Any idea where they can be bought in Mumbai ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 12:27   #117
BHPian

I'm gonna give this a shot cause i noticed the (ordinary) car cover that came with my car has been causing tiny scratches on the paint, also it isn't waterproof. Checked for pricing at one of the Opera House stores and they've quoted me 3900/-
Will buy it later this evening. Hopefully it works as advertised by Dupont!
Old 25th February 2012, 23:11   #118
Senior - BHPian

The covers available at Relaince autozone are not marked as Tyvek now. They are marked as Polco Dupont. The sales person on South End road was not informed about this and was unable to give a satisfying answer to my query, so had to go to the KH road outlet where the sales person guided me to the cover and showed me the difference between the normal and the Dupont.
Old 29th February 2012, 17:18   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfreak7 View Post
I'm gonna give this a shot cause i noticed the (ordinary) car cover that came with my car has been causing tiny scratches on the paint,
How about getting a tailor-made cotton cloth cover and then covering it with your Original cover that came with the car. The cotton (towel-type) cover will save you from the scratches.
For a waterproof cover, be ready to un-cover once the water stops pouring as trapped water is more dangerous then letting your car get wet and air dry.
It also depends on which car you own. If its a modern car, you need not worry as paint & metal technologies have progressed a lot. You only have to be careful if you own a 'Period' car.

Last edited by KkVaidya : 29th February 2012 at 17:19.
Old 8th March 2012, 18:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I just read abou Tyvek & how a lot of people have really benefited from using these covers despite the high cost.

Can anybody guide me to some place in Delhi/NCR where I can find these? I had heard that these were available at Reliance Autozone but it seems that they no longer stock these.

Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks