Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 02:00   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
I disagree. According to the brochure supplied, Aqua King also said water resistant. Screenshot attached.

Attachment 2121611
Well, you must have an old brochure then. This is on the website as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-screenshot_20210215_015824.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:19   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Well, you must have an old brochure then. This is on the website as of now.
Ah ok. The brochure was sent to me by the TPH over WhatsApp in December. They might have added waterproofing post that. Would still suggest checking with them personally before ordering though.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:07   #378
BHPian

Folks, I am looking for a bodycover for my Ford Endeavour. I park outside and it is in the direct sunlight for most of the time. So I need a good quality bodycover for heat and UV protection and not necessarily water resistant.
Most of the feedback here points to TPH and even the basic one Nomex costs 10,099 and Hamster costs 12,099.At this price point, I need to protect the cover itself. Also, since the car is big, I am worried about the weight if I go for higher options.
The other option is from https://coverwell.co.in/. I spoke to the owner and he seems to be good and prices are reasonable. Has any one tried from coverwell? Any other suggestions are also welcome!
Old 24th March 2021, 18:23   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Folks, I am looking for a bodycover for my Ford Endeavour. I park outside and it is in the direct sunlight for most of the time. So I need a good quality bodycover for heat and UV protection and not necessarily water resistant.
Good quality Body covers for the size of Ford Endeavour would be heavy. You will need someone to cover up and remove daily; Quite cumbersome.
If the parking is private and permanent, you can put up wood pillars and use the Green Agronet cloth on top and sides? It would be cheaper and easier for the purpose of sun protection.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 23:28   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the feedback here points to TPH and even the basic one Nomex costs 10,099 and Hamster costs 12,099.At this price point, I need to protect the cover itself. Also, since the car is big, I am worried about the weight if I go for higher options.
The other option is from https://coverwell.co.in/. I spoke to the owner and he seems to be good and prices are reasonable. Has any one tried from coverwell? Any other suggestions are also welcome!

You may want to go through this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ar-covers.html (Review: Coverwell car covers)
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:43   #381
BHPian

Hello everyone. We are looking for a cover for our 2010 Beat. Car is parked indoor, but the rear is exposed to sunlight. We need a cover to protect it from sunlight and dust. I have looked at TPH and coverwell. TPH quoted 5.1k for Hamster and coverwell quoted 3k change for our specific requirements. TPH sounded more promising, but they quoted a delivery time of 10-12 days. My question is, should I spend 5k for a TPH cover or will a coverwell cover do the job for me?

Really need advice regarding this matter.

Saikishor
Old 7th April 2021, 15:26   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I am looking for a bodycover for my Ford Endeavour. I park outside .....!
Since TPH turned out to be too expensive, I considered coverwell. I ordered the "White UV resistant" cover for 3k. Received it in 2 days and I must say that it is quite good. It fits well, wind can't displace it due to tight fitting and elastic in front/back and more importantly shields the car well from heat. I took out the Car which was in cover one hot afternoon and must say that Car was appreciably cooler. Only grouse is that it could have been little longer on the sides!
For those who don't want to spend too much but still want a good quality cover, carwell is a good option!
Here is the car cover on my Endeavour!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-carcover.jpg  

Last edited by Acelerar : 7th April 2021 at 15:38.
Acelerar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:30   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
Hello everyone. We are looking for a cover for our 2010 Beat. Car is parked indoor ...

Saikishor
Since you have an indoor parking, you can go for coverwell cover. I recently got "UV protection white" cover and I am quite happy with it.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 23:23   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Acelerar, How's the cover material on the inside. Does it have a smoother finish so as to avoid any scratches?
Old 9th April 2021, 10:05   #385
MSC
BHPian

Quote:
One query.
Does coverwell cover has the usual strap and buckle on the underside of car to hold the cover in case of winds?
I live in hills and and was planning to get something similar for Hyundai Venue. The place where I live is windy like hell and only elastic won't be able to hold the cover in place. I have already lost one cover to winds.
Old 9th April 2021, 11:58   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Hi Acelerar, How's the cover material on the inside. Does it have a smoother finish so as to avoid any scratches?
Yes .. smooth enough as to not scratch the paint.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 12:01   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
One query.
Does coverwell cover has the usual strap and buckle on the underside of car to hold the cover in case of winds?
I live in hills ...s.
It does not have a strap and buckle. But since it is custom made to the exact dimension, the elastic at front and back does a good job of holding it in place.
It's been a week I have the put the cover in Bangalore weather with moderate winds and so far the cover has stayed in place.
Old 26th May 2021, 11:43   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Been using TPH (nomex animal protection) since then, and its lasted 3 years without any tears.
Is the Nomex effective in the rainy season? Does the car remain largely dry or it gets wet in the rains.

I have the Aqua king but it got torn in just 1.5 years time. It developed wrinkles and tear at the spot on the cover where the dogs would mark their territory. The cover developed further tears at the front and rear and is just two years. For 5.3k I expected a better product. I wanted the Nomex at the beginning but it was not available for my Swift then.
Old 20th June 2021, 13:51   #389
BHPian

I went ahead and bought Polco water resistant cover for my Linea.
It’s more than a month and it’s doing job wonderfully. Vehicle remains mostly dry with some amount of water seeping from cutout for ORVM’s.
It comes with under body belt, antenna and mirror covers. It’s a snug fit and looks nice.
I am satisfied with the buy. It costed me approximately ₹2000 and got delivered as per time quoted by Polco.

PS- I have got a covered parking recently so it’s water resistant capabilities aren’t being tested anymore.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-cae4b49d899948e092fdafe51eff01c7.jpeg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-712cc5821b3f46efba29fe48c49faa23.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:30   #390
BHPian

TPH : Is it worth it ?

With all these lockdowns, the car has rarely being moving around and I unfortunately park the car outside my house and hence it could get harsh. I keep my car quite well maintained, 6 years now, and to continue this I started searching for a high end cover and all roads lead to TPH.

http://www.tphcovers.com/

These are available in Amazon as well. Very easy to connect with the customer support and quick responses. The cover I went for is Pilot 737/777 and it was around 11K INR.

The cover has the following features.

- Water Resistant (The external material is hydrophobic in nature but the company has put it as resistant just in case there are slight leaks around the stitches although I have not seen any after few weeks of usage across rains)
- Dust Proof
- UV Protection (A big savior for paints)
- Scratch Proof (With kids around, this is helpful)
- Rust Resistant
- Customized Fit (You can also ask for a custom logo at an extra cost)
- 3 Layered
- Velvet Finished (Avoids scratches in the paint)

In short, highly recommended !

Video walk around :
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed