Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2015, 22:11   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 824 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
g

1. Does the H100 have a cover/slide inside like the H300 and above models or is the glass always exposed ?

Glass is always exposed. It adds a feeling of roominess to the cabin.

2. if not, then would there be an decrease in cooling efficiency of the air conditioner since the glass is exposed to the sun ?

I haven't noticed any yet. The glass has a solar heat rejection of 97%. So the effect should be minimal.

3. Any amc required for the manual H100 ?

No. A wet cloth is all the maintenance you need.

4. Total price of install.

Will re check and PM you.

5. Any leakage experienced ?

No

6. Would this void the warranty if any damage to the car body/shell in case of an accident ?

No Idea, but I doubt it. It case of accidents warranty doesn't count anyway.
Dont have photos of the install. Looking exactly like the brochure.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ho...w&ved=0CB0QsAQ
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:04   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 542
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2015 at 11:55.
jigbarai is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th September 2015, 16:56   #48
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 366
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Dont have photos of the install. Looking exactly like the brochure.
Is it possible to completely remove the glass from its hinges?
ScorpMan is offline  
Old 25th September 2015, 22:24   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 824 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Is it possible to completely remove the glass from its hinges?
Yes... It comes out completely.

Removal : Quite easy. Its possible to take it out while you are in the driving seat / passenger seat even with the seatbelt on.

Installation :

Putting it back requires a little more skill but is doable.
It requires a bit of getting used to but its quite simple.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 08:41   #50
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 366
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

That sounds great. And I hope the open area is wide enough for a person to stand out.
ScorpMan is offline  
Old 26th September 2015, 14:59   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 533
Thanked: 646 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
That sounds great. And I hope the open area is wide enough for a person to stand out.
No offense, but this is not a safe idea.
shifu is offline  
Old 26th September 2015, 15:33   #52
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 366
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
No offense, but this is not a safe idea.
None taken. Thanks for your concern. And, I completely understand the risk involved.
ScorpMan is offline  
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:54   #53
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Any Webasto Authorised Dealer in Mumbai? I looked around a bit and cannot find any.
lamboguy is offline  
Old 24th October 2015, 11:35   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,690
Thanked: 2,771 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Any Webasto Authorised Dealer in Mumbai? I looked around a bit and cannot find any.

I had tried searching for the same, Did not get any.
Tanveer_2558 is offline  
Old 10th November 2015, 14:34   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
S2!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,883
Thanked: 9,734 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Any Webasto Authorised Dealer in Mumbai? I looked around a bit and cannot find any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I had tried searching for the same, Did not get any.
Over the last two days I have been exchanging emails with the Webasto team. It seems that Webasto doesn't have any showroom out here, but have a channel partner named Prism Technologies (office at Opera House).

I have been on a look out for a simple, pop-type sunroof and these guys at Prism have been prompt in their responses. To place an order you need to give these guys a nominal advance, after which, within 2 days Webasto will send down technicians from Pune to your place and do the installation there itself (all they need is a plug point). The sunroofs carry a 2 year warranty.

I am mostly going ahead and placing an order by the end of this week. Shall keep you guys posted.
S2!!! is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 21:21   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,690
Thanked: 2,771 Times
Default Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Over the last two days I have been exchanging emails with the Webasto team. It seems that Webasto doesn't have any showroom out here, but have a channel partner named Prism Technologies (office at Opera House).

I have been on a look out for a simple, pop-type sunroof and these guys at Prism have been prompt in their responses. To place an order you need to give these guys a nominal advance, after which, within 2 days Webasto will send down technicians from Pune to your place and do the installation there itself (all they need is a plug point). The sunroofs carry a 2 year warranty.

I am mostly going ahead and placing an order by the end of this week. Shall keep you guys posted.
Thanks for the update, Do keep us posted, Also if lateron you can share the current prices would help.
Tanveer_2558 is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks