Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2013, 21:02   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Hi CrAzY dRiVeR, good that there is an improvement in top speed with box on.
By the way, I'm getting my Race chip delivered next week for my Figo. Can you recommend any place in chennai, where I can get them fixed.
Ignite garage, ECR is one of the best and most professional garages. Contact details are available in the directory section.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th June 2013 at 21:09.
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:16   #47
Team-BHP Support

re: Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm

Fuel Efficiency Update -

#3.
Date: 29/06/2013.
Odo reading: 41057 kms. (+519 kms)
Volume Price: 53.1 INR/l.
Total Costs: Rs 1650/-
Total Volume: 31.07
RD Mode: P1. 50% city, 50% highway.
FE: 16.7 kmpl

#Partial.
Date: 30/06/2013.
Odo reading: 41740 kms.
Volume Price: 54.72 INR/l.
Total Costs: Rs 1000/-
Total Volume: 18.27 L.
RD Mode: E. Highway usage with speeds averaging 80 km/h.

#4.
Date: 1/07/2013.
Odo reading: 41841 kms. (+784 kms)
Volume Price: 54.75 INR/l.
Total Costs: Rs 1198/-
Total Volume: 21.88 l
RD Mode: E. Highway usage with speeds averaging 80 km/h.
FE: 19.52 kmpl

Expected better figures for E mode, since I was driving with a very light foot, maintaining a constant speed of 80 kmph. P1 seems the best bet in terms of FE as well.
Old 14th July 2013, 14:41   #48
Team-BHP Support

re: Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm

Fuel Efficiency Update -

#Partial:
Date: 05/07/2013, 07/07/2013 & 08/07/2013
Odo reading: 42271, 42541 & 42688 respectively.
Volume Price: 63.05, 55.52 & 63.05 repectively.
Total Costs: Rs 3000/- (1000 per refill)
Total Volume: 49.73 L.

#5.
Date: 11/07/2013. (+10 days since last full tank).
Odo reading: 43309 kms (+ 1468 kms)
Volume Price: 55.35 INR/l.
Total Costs: Rs 2000/-
Total Volume: 36.13 L
RD Mode: P1 80% and P2 20%. Mostly city usage, but includes a very high speed run where I tried to keep up with a 2.4 (I guess!) accord, and also a peaceful highway run to Shivanasamudra, Karnataka. But for the main part - its done bangalore city (rural) usage. Home <-> office.
FE: 17.10 km/l.

Some stats from the last 3459 kms that i have been documenting on the thread here.
Best FE: 21.49 kmpl.
Average FE: 18.29 kmpl.
Worst FE: 16.7 kmpl.
Old 8th September 2013, 03:03   #49
BHPian

Any new updates on your RD Box its been a while since you have updated this thread. Interested in the FE Figures of P1
Old 12th October 2013, 20:49   #50
BHPian

Finally, the much wanted item in my wishlist Planted the RD DieselTronic Pro box in my Punto 75HP. Bought it for 19K from Shreeji Enterprises@Wakdewadi-Pune. Just loving the Power 2 on the Italian beauty! Insane torque from start to 100. Shift 3rd and direct shift to 5th gear is mind blowing. Mileage increase is visible on the "E" mode. Couldn't see much difference on P1 so far.

Regards,
Sameer
Old 26th October 2013, 14:26   #51
Team-BHP Support

Update: Dyno run completed, finally.

Accompanied Karthik and his Red rocket for the dyno run. Initial plan was to compare P2 with ToT remap, but ended up mapping all 4 modes.

Graphs will be up as soon as we get it across via email.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 13:15   #52
BHPian

I had one question which I want to confirm instead of judging from the feel of surge compared to stock.

Does RD setting fallback to "Stock" when the engine is turned off or it remembers the last setting?

Regards,
Sameer.
Old 27th October 2013, 17:48   #53
Team-BHP Support

Ownership: RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel - Punto 90HP. EDIT: 110 bhp, 250Nm

RRP (Red Rooster Performance) guys are quite an unprofessional lot to deal with. We haven't received the maps even after 30 hours since the run.

Posting the picture I had on my mobile. Will upload the actual PDF later on, when we receive it. 4 maps indicate the four modes - P2, P1, S and E.

Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm-20131026_121152.jpg

Initial impressions from the dyno run -

1. Maps are just brilliantly thought out! And the car seems to be putting more power than I had suspected. Its almost into remap territory with suspected 110bhp, 265 Nm at crank (assuming similar transmission losses as stock.

2. More power and torque right from the start. Also - I am happy to see RD's claims of P1 and P2 having similar turbo lag stands proved. Most people feel more lag in P2 as compared to P1 due to the pronounced turbo kick in P2 IMO.

3. Maximum we clocked in P2 mode was just a shade over 97bhp at the wheels. The picture below shows 96.56 bhp (wheels) at 3050 rpm but you can see the graph has peaked around 2900 rpm. Torque is up to 234Nm at 2900 rpm. at wheels.

4. Maximum we clocked in P1 mode was around 89bhp (wheels) at ~3000 rpm. Torque is also upto 212 Nm at 2940rpm.

5. In comparison - Manufacturer claims 90hp and 210 Nm at crank. We could extract 82 bhp and 183 Nm at the wheels which is pretty close to what FIAT claims.

6. Assuming similar transmission losses - the car is putting anywhere close to 110 bhp at crank in P2 mode and approx 100hp in P1 mode.

All said and done - figures dont matter. After a long stint without the box - I am just happy to have it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Any new updates on your RD Box its been a while since you have updated this thread. Interested in the FE Figures of P1
I had an unrelated a/c issue - and a long long episode to get it rectified. All done now and the box is back. To compensate - I have the dyno update.

We also have the comparison with Tune-O-Tronics remap on the 90HP. (Initial stage. The car is still being worked on - and the end product will be extra-ordinary). But, that will be updated by Karthik on his Red rocket thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samigo View Post
Finally, the much wanted item in my wishlist Planted the RD DieselTronic Pro box in my Punto 75HP. Bought it for 19K from Shreeji Enterprises@Wakdewadi-Pune. Just loving the Power 2 on the Italian beauty! Insane torque from start to 100. Shift 3rd and direct shift to 5th gear is mind blowing. Mileage increase is visible on the "E" mode. Couldn't see much difference on P1 so far.

Regards,
Sameer
Congrats Sameer.

P1 is good mode for reducing the turbo lag (You get out of the lag zone faster). However, as seen in the maps above - P2 mode is just as effective. However - some differences might be there in the single channel version.

In Pune - fellow member scofield is the best guy to contact regarding any questions with the box.
Quote:
I had one question which I want to confirm instead of judging from the feel of surge compared to stock.

Does RD setting fallback to "Stock" when the engine is turned off or it remembers the last setting?

Regards,
Sameer.
No. It will retain the same setting.

You can confirm it using the LEDs on the box. The instructions will tell you how it will blink to indicate each mode.

Next Update -

If situations permit, I will join the Red Rocket for the next VBox run.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th October 2013 at 18:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 19:37   #54
BHPian

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not sure if the box comes with any user manual. I was so excited during the install that I forgot to notice that it was missing. One strange thing. I had set the box in "E" mode for city driving from the P1 mode. Few days later, I happened to check the fuel economy and it was at 11.8 Km/l. Never seen it drop at this level with stock. So out of curiosity, I started the engine, opened the bonnet and pointed the remote at the box. On pressing the button, I could notice the change in blinking pattern of the light which gives a sense that it is responding to the remote. Then I started driving as usual and could see the FE slowly rising to 12.9 as per last reading. Will keep an eye on it for next few days.

I wont mind to see those FE figures on highway on P2 but city is heart pain :(

Regards,
Sameer.
Old 27th October 2013, 20:12   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not sure if the box comes with any user manual. I was so excited during the install that I forgot to notice that it was missing. One strange thing. I had set the box in "E" mode for city driving from the P1 mode. Few days later, I happened to check the fuel economy and it was at 11.8 Km/l. Never seen it drop at this level with stock. So out of curiosity, I started the engine, opened the bonnet and pointed the remote at the box. On pressing the button, I could notice the change in blinking pattern of the light which gives a sense that it is responding to the remote. Then I started driving as usual and could see the FE slowly rising to 12.9 as per last reading. Will keep an eye on it for next few days.

I wont mind to see those FE figures on highway on P2 but city is heart pain :(

Regards,
Sameer.
Why dont you try P1 as well? I have been able to acheive better economy figures in P1 mode compared to E.

P1 helps you get out of turbo lag zone earlier, and also has more torque. Hence its easier to keep up with traffic without too much effort on the throttle.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 13:15   #56
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm

RD dual channel map v/s ToT remap (Stage1 since it is still being fine tuned).

Note - More details on the remap here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3278463

Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm-tot-vs-rd.jpg
Old 31st October 2013, 22:52   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

CD is the 110 HP at the crank or at the wheels. Because from the graph the peak HP of P2 mode is less than 110.
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:25   #58
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
CD is the 110 HP at the crank or at the wheels. Because from the graph the peak HP of P2 mode is less than 110.
Ah! You didn't read my post eh? I know my writing style is not captivating, but still...

Qouting from above -
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
1. Maps are just brilliantly thought out! And the car seems to be putting more power than I had suspected. Its almost into remap territory with suspected 110bhp, 265 Nm at crank (assuming similar transmission losses as stock.

3. Maximum we clocked in P2 mode was just a shade over 97bhp at the wheels. The picture below shows 96.56 bhp (wheels) at 3050 rpm but you can see the graph has peaked around 2900 rpm. Torque is up to 234Nm at 2900 rpm. at wheels.

6. Assuming similar transmission losses - the car is putting anywhere close to 110 bhp at crank in P2 mode and approx 100hp in P1 mode.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:33   #59
BHPian

Reading this thread I am tempted to get one of these dual channel boxes for my i20 crdi 6 speed. Being a dual channel box, do we have 2 connectors one for the fuel rail and another for the turbo? I noticed the pictures uploaded in the first page of the thread but the connectors are not visible. Reason for considering this for i20 being that it is a heavy ride and the low end torque somehow seems lacking when compared to the multijet. Also the mid to upper end of the powerband can be termed as good though not stellar due to the linear nature of the boost. A shot of adrenaline should be good! Anyone tried this on i20 6 speed please do give inputs.
Old 11th February 2014, 20:36   #60
jdr
BHPian

I bought the dual channel box for my 6-speed crdi i20 TODAY! This is my story:

Here’s the gist if you don’t want the full review:
0. Big thanks to Sushil Chavan and the rest of the Race Dynamics Team for help with installation and for making this wonderful product!
1. The dual channel box cost INR 23,000/- (Pune, Car Cupid, demo by Sushil Chavan from Race Dynamics)
2. The turbo boost sensor is placed under the air intake and is inconvenient to switch out
3. Engine noise changes (very slightly) in E and P1 modes (didn’t notice change in P2)
4. P2 mode power-increase is as noticeable as power-drop in E mode
5. At least today, I don’t regret buying this box

Here’s the full review:
I got the i20 on 8th Jan 2014, so I had to wait and do a few miles on the car before getting the RD box. (I'll upload an owner's review soon.) By the time the box arrived (today), the car had done 1767kms.
I got the RD dual channel box for 23K from Car Cupid, Pune.
Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm-dual_channel.jpg
Sushil Chavan from Race Dynamics was there to install the box and explain its working. The dual channel box controls rail pressure as well as turbo boost, which means the rail pressure sensor and turbo boost sensor need to be rerouted via the RD box. This was Sushil's first time installing the box on an i20, so while the rail pressure sensor was very straight forward (check pics)we had to hunt around for the location of the turbo boost sensor, which is -- very inconveniently -- placed right under the air intake pipe.
Connecting the rail pressure sensor was easy. For the turbo boost sensor, he had to reach the underside of the air intake pipe from between the rubber pipes right besides the rail injectors... it was awkward. For a DIY installation, I would recommend doing it when the engine is cool.
Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm-sensor_locations.jpg
Once we knew where the sensors were, installation took less than 10 minutes, and even then, most of the time was spent waiting for the engine to cool down enough to allow Sushil’s hand to snake its way towards the turbo boost sensor. The box was then just placed in the corner of the engine bay besides the air filter while we went for a test drive.

At this point, I will want to thank Sushil Chavan and the RD team for help with installation, and in general for this wonderful product they are making. I am proud of you -- an Indian company -- for making such high quality products.

On starting the car, there was absolutely no issue with any sensor, no warning lights flashed on the display. He changed modes while the bay lid was open so I could hear the change in engine noise with each mode. I only noticed a change in E (economy) and P1 (performance 1) modes (when changed from S (stock) to that mode). We changed the mode to stock and drove a couple of kilometres to the highway. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no scope to open up the engine as the highway was busier than SBI’s Paud Road branch at 10am (I know, I know, not everyone will understand this reference -- it was damn busy). In what little distance we managed to open up the car, I felt a difference only in E and P2 modes, while the improved response in P1 was noticeable only when I compared each mode accelerating from a complete stop. RD recommends P1 for the city, but P2 is very tempting. I drove nearly 60kms today with the box installed, and I was expecting to have one of these moments…
Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm-shutup_and_take_my_money.jpg
… but I didn’t. The box is good, but don’t expect magic from it. Don’t expect the i20 to run like a 1.9TDI Octavia.

Once, I changed from P2 to E mode and I don’t really know what I did, but my engine stalled in the middle of the highway. Luckily, I had enough sense to coast it to the side of the road. I suspect the engine was unhappy with the sudden cut off of power (turbo) in E mode, with me pumping the accelerator all the way in a higher gear. I’ll keep an eye out for that one!

My i20 seems to make a clanking noise at certain speeds at certain RPMs (generally before the turbo kicks in). This has nothing to with the RD box as the car was making that noise since it was new. The service engineer at the HASS said it was a normal sound. I think I need a second opinion. The RD box has neither increased nor decreased this noise.

The most noticeable change in engine response is in the low RPM range, especially in the second gear, which, in the stock mode, is as bad without turbo as it is good with turbo -- which is the same as saying the turbo lag in second gear kills the driver: death by boredom. Which the turbo kick-in RPM still remains the same, it is reached much quicker, giving the impression of reduced lag. That said, and I cannot say this enough: P2 mode is pretty awesome. RD claims power increases of up to 40% in P2 mode, but for us day-to-day users, it doesn’t mean much. What matters is the feel of power on the road, and while I cannot quantify that in terms of a percentage, is certainly noticeably and pleasantly improved. It also means that while the box won’t necessarily increase the top speed, it will certainly get you there quicker, a fact I noticed at one point in the test drive when I asked Sushil to change from P1 to P2 while I was in the turbo range and I felt no difference in performance for a while – and suddenly realized I was doing 140kmph in 5th gear…

This is only an initial review of the RD box. I will stay active on this forum with periodic updates as I use this box more. So if you ask me today if the box is worth 23K, I will say I don’t know, but at least today, I am not regretting spending that money on the box instead of buying a new phone.

Here is a parting picture:
Fiat Punto with RaceDynamics DieselTronic Dual Channel. EDIT: 110 hp, 265 Nm-dieseltronic_remote.jpg

Thanks and regards,
-- jdr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks