Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2006, 11:58   #1

Esteem 95 LPG conversion-Bangalore

Hi,

I live in Banglaore.I am planning to convert my Esteem'95 (carbutor) to LPG Fixed tank version.I live in Koramangala and have the advantage of staying close to the autogas(IOC) station.Has somebody here converted their '95 carburator model to
LPG fixed tank?What mileage/economy you are seeing ?

More importantly,I want to know where I can get a safe LPG kit(fixed tank) fitted in Bangalore ?I guess few of the guys that participate in the forum run their garage too.Do any such guys do LPG conversion in Bangalore?
Any feedback on the autogas station in Koramangala..is it good,how is the
availability ?

My current mileage in esteem is 8Kmpl on petrol.60 % city and 40 % outskirts.This is burning my pockets.I used to get 12 earlier.Can somebody also let me know what needs to be done to increase the mileage on petrol ?Should I go LPG conversion only after tuning my car more mileage on petrol to start with ?Any good tuner you can advise ?

Finally Bangalore RTO does approve LPG kits for Esteem '95 models.The approval starts only from '97.Will this be a problem in anyway ?FYI ,current odo reading in the esteem is 63,000 Kms.

Awaiting your inputs.

Sriram
Old 19th May 2006, 12:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can go ahead and convert to LPG without any problems however I am a bit doubtful of the milage that you have given (63000, are you the first owner?). based on this doubt would suggest that you get your car's compression checked which could be the key cause for a drastic drop in your milage.

As for the approval, I am not too sure if it is true for the 95 models, will have to check with the installers as they typically get it cleared from the RTO.
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:11   #3

lpg

Thanks Psycho for answering.I am the second owner.When i purchased the car 3.5 years back it had done 45,000 odd kms.I will get the compression checked.
Does anybody know how good are longgas kits ? Can you please recommend a good LPG retrofitment center in Bangalore..preferably nearly koramangala?
And what mileage is reasonable to expect of a '95 esteem ?

I am having confusion over which brand(lovata,longgas etc) and which shop to choose.I would appreciate if someone that is already running their car on
LPG(fixed tank ) would advise me.

Cheers,
Sriram
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:09   #4
BHPian

Hi,

Even I have same confusions... People say for Carb engine Lovato is best..

U can check out Times Vehicles Suppliment comes on Thursday Or Fridays.. U get so many gas kit dealers.. For filling LPG, U can check out Koramangala BP Petrol bunk they are really good..

Let me get a car 1st ( me looking for Zen ) then I will will be fitting LPG. Let me know ur experiance too..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks