Team-BHP - entry into drag racing!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   entry into drag racing! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13502-entry-into-drag-racing.html)

hi all

i am stevie. i won an opel corsa sail and i would like to make an entry into drag racing.my car is an awesome low lying car that can make a good dragster.
i presently want to make some good changes to upsize it in terms of performance.all i have done as of now is put a stoc k&n and the tone of my car has already changed.
i want advice in terms of exhaust systems, filters, plugs, oils, and of course necessary tweaking.i am not considering NOS since i would not like to force it as of now.

let me know what i can do! i am hoping to follow advie from this forum as and when i make these changes

thanks all!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie
hi all

i am stevie. i won an opel corsa sail

How did "WIN" this corsa ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa

lol:..
In Drag Racing ?? Huh ??
Team-Bhp Does not support illegal drag racing..
Just go through announcement section before posting.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

do a search on in the modifications and technical stuff section. loads of info for you there.
btw, a sail would neva make a good drag strip car due to its sluggish engine.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa

i think he was trying to say.....own a corse sail....+stevie u should have stared this thread in the modification section as performance for sail etc...

Corsa might become a fast car with those mods, but not fast enough to become a drag racer...

U could just try an alternative like gettin another car to mod :D

the corsa has a VERY sluggish engine!!! dont waste money on that car...

dude...
.......corsa just does not react wel to most of the mods....gives a lot of prob in the long run.....had seen my friend`s corsa givin lot of probs aft goin in for free flows nd k &n...that too the free flows were done by a wel known tuner..........well buddy dont waste money on a corsa..wel if you`re really intrested in drags..go for diff car...maybe a vtec or somethin.....
agree:

Congrats on winning the corsa .. Anyways , being closely associated with the drag scene happening around bangalore i guess it would be tough to stand competition with the corsa amongst other cars like the VTECs, zens , swifts, esteems and the balenos ..

Apart from being a sluggish engine, its basically the weight of the car thats a major disadvantage when it come to the drag scene .. If u are really serious about drag racing , then i suggest u look at a different alternative like a zen or an esteem which come at a cheaper price too ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugen power

Why is it that on tbhp everytime the words "drag" etc are mentioned or anything related to it its always assumed to be street racing or illegal racing ??? Most of us here take part in all the legal drags and track events that take place ..

sorry guys..........for the typo errors as well as wrong posting.i dont support illegal drag racing too.well the word 'drag' could actually be used here since it has nothing to do with illegal racing.then it would have to be illegal street racing i guess.i want someone senior enough here to clarify that for me since i dont want to be misunderstood, for no reason of mine.

First thing you do is get another car.. Then think of performance. working on the opel is a waste of time and money. No matter what you do the car is always going to be heavy and sluggish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
lol:..
In Drag Racing ?? Huh ??
Just go through announcement section before posting.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Mugen,
Sorry to say this but there are official Drags in India too.. So it isnt an illegal form of racing..
Cheersssss

The Corsa 1.4 SAIL knocks the socks off several other cars on the highway; it is under-estimated. I have pulled off at several toll booths and the open highway with spirited drivers driving the following cars (I can list several out but below are the most significant ones). This is the motivation that led me to do time-attacks at the race circuit at Sriperumbudur early this year.

But to do this successfully, some clutching skills maybe necessary. There's a lot of torque when the 1.4 hits 3000RPM and from there up the engine revs pretty hard. So long as you keep the engine in this powerband, it doesn't relent.

1.5L Honda City EXI (Old model. The new one is just too easy)
1.5L Daewoo Cielo
1.6 Ford Ikon Rocam
2.0 Skoda Octavia Rider

Where the car lets you down clearly is at the corners. Even with the anti-roll bar, the car takes a while to recover from hard cornering on track (see track pics on my profile and you can make out the body roll). Which means you can't get on the gas pedal early enough as other cars. And that shows on the next straight. The 70 profile tires don't help either, though they are exceptional on the highway.

Its normal for most people to not have experienced a skilled Corsa driver on a highway. The 1.4 has a phenomenal top end that when properly driven puts the stock 1.5 Honda Exi to shame, let alone a Zen. Next time, agree to power-up at a tollbooth and you will see its not all that difficult. Practice keeping the revs up on the midrange before you ease out the clutch. You will be pulling off at about 4000RPM on third gear from the EXi. Everytime.

For drags, the most significant improvements would be 6kg/cm springs in the front and a modified ECU. The stock 175/70 high profile tires are great for this purpose.

sAP

sAP said it. I just have 1 point to add to it. Stock Corsa driven me beat the hell out of stock Octavia 1.9 TDi 3 times in row. lol:. Thanks to turbo_lover. It was illegal so i dont wanna discuss anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAP
The Corsa 1.4 SAIL knocks the socks off several other cars on the highway; it is under-estimated. I have pulled off at several toll booths and the open highway with spirited drivers driving the following cars (I can list several out but below are the most significant ones). This is the motivation that led me to do time-attacks at the race circuit at Sriperumbudur early this year.

But to do this successfully, some clutching skills maybe necessary. There's a lot of torque when the 1.4 hits 3000RPM and from there up the engine revs pretty hard. So long as you keep the engine in this powerband, it doesn't relent.

1.5L Honda City EXI (Old model. The new one is just too easy)
1.5L Daewoo Cielo
1.6 Ford Ikon Rocam
2.0 Skoda Octavia Rider

Where the car lets you down clearly is at the corners. Even with the anti-roll bar, the car takes a while to recover from hard cornering on track (see track pics on my profile and you can make out the body roll). Which means you can't get on the gas pedal early enough as other cars. And that shows on the next straight. The 70 profile tires don't help either, though they are exceptional on the highway.

Its normal for most people to not have experienced a skilled Corsa driver on a highway. The 1.4 has a phenomenal top end that when properly driven puts the stock 1.5 Honda Exi to shame, let alone a Zen. Next time, agree to power-up at a tollbooth and you will see its not all that difficult. Practice keeping the revs up on the midrange before you ease out the clutch. You will be pulling off at about 4000RPM on third gear from the EXi. Everytime.

For drags, the most significant improvements would be 6kg/cm springs in the front and a modified ECU. The stock 175/70 high profile tires are great for this purpose.

sAP

Corsa might be a good car, and yes opel does make some nice machines, but Drag racing is a totally different ball game,
Doing well on a highway is fine, but doing a under 14 second on a drag strip is not an Opel Corsa's job.

@Stevie, you really wanna drag race on track ? get a Zen and spend your time and money on it. Corsa can prove very useless. Besides you can get a Zen for lik 1.2 L, then get a Honda City engine , Intake, Exhaust, cams, ECM, NOS, Turbo-Intercoller and so on endless mods, but well worth it :)