Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:56   #46
BHPian

Re: 3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review

Thanks the detailed review. I had a inkling to source the 3D Kagu mats for my XUV, but the price, pinched. Quite heavily.
Are these available in 3M center in Chennai ? or any other place in Chennai ?
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:11   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is the price per square feet of this mats? From the opening post i could only make out that the price is pro rate. But what is the cost of a unit ?
No idea about the price per sq. ft. My guess is it would be somewhere around 250-300 bucks per sq. ft. 3M stores have a company-prepared table which lists the final rate for every car sold in India. They have measured the dimensions in advance I guess, and come up with the rates for each car. For a Punto, I was charged roughly 4k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Seriously though practical they look too plain for the cost even considering the magical properties.
Totally agree with you on that.

Quote:
The biggest advantage that I see in these is that you could just replace the Driver side mat every year as that is the one that fades fast in most cars and the other mats to stay in prime condition for many years. I don't think just the driver side mat will be available for the 3D Kagu. So that is where one saves a fine package.
True. In fact, that is exactly what is going to happen to my driver side mat in the next few months, considering the abuse I am putting it through in choc-a-bloc traffic (clutching/declutching) and incessant rains nowadays in Bangalore.

Quote:
The other observation is that replacing the factory fitted mats each year is quite a bit cheaper as an option than getting a really high quality mat that lasts for years.
Interesting observation there . For someone who just wants to replace wearing-out mats and is not bothered much about regular cleaning, etc, this seems like a good idea. The real value of these 3M mats is in the dust/fluid absorption, associated (low frequency) cleaning advantage and the clean looks which hide the impurities by not allowing the dirt to stay on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Thanks the detailed review. I had a inkling to source the 3D Kagu mats for my XUV, but the price, pinched. Quite heavily.
Are these available in 3M center in Chennai ? or any other place in Chennai ?
They should be available in pretty much all 3M car care stores across the country. The price I'd have to admit is on the higher side when compared to OEM mats. But when compared with 3D Kagus, they are actually lower and offer more practicality. Where they lag behind is in the cosmetics department.

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd June 2013 at 14:13.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:34   #48
BHPian

Just got the quote from 3M Car Care, Santhome, Chennai and it is INR 7202. Wonder that's with the last '2' rupees. Anyway 3D Kagu is being quoted for 5.8k.
Old 13th June 2013, 19:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Just got the quote from 3M Car Care, Santhome, Chennai and it is INR 7202. Wonder that's with the last '2' rupees. Anyway 3D Kagu is being quoted for 5.8k.
I got 3M mats for my Etios a couple of days ago.Cost me INR 4790/-.3M have introduced 3 colour options.You get to choose between black,grey and beige.I went for beige considering the monsoons are upon us,it really does a good job of covering the muck.A big thank you to fellow bhpian Autocrat who recommended this to me.Attaching a pic of the mat.pardon the quality..
Attached Thumbnails
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-p1870429.jpg  

Dr.Nishath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 13:05   #50
BHPian

Sorry mods for posting again.I just felt the previous pic did not do justice to the mats,so i came back with some new pics.here they are:-
Attached Thumbnails
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-p1870542.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-p1870540.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-p1870536.jpg  

Dr.Nishath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 22:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for something similar for my Cedia - the objective is simply to protect the carpet which gets stained when I have guests behind.
For me the driver side mat is the cleanest, since I take extra precautions, but I cannot control everyone else in the car.

Now, some questions:
1. Is this just cut and put on top of the carpet or does it need to be glued or stuck somehow to the carpet below?
Edit: In the picture in previous post, there is a small gap on the gear-box side of the picture. Is that normal?

2. Do the seats need to be removed for installing the carpets? How does one measure the underseat parts for proper cutting without removal of the front seats?

How many sheets (3ft x 3ft) will be needed for Cedia?

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th June 2013 at 22:37.
Old 15th June 2013, 23:12   #52
BHPian

I have used this product in my hatchback i10 and they are really good. They can absorb dust and whatever comes into the car during monsoons in Mumbai. Nomad mats also protect the carpet from getting wet and the resultant bad odour which stays on during monsoons months. At the outset one may feel they are little expensive but when you see the results you won't regret the investment in having a odour free and dust free car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The seats need not be removed. The mats are mainly placed in areas which may get dirty. The underwear parts are not covered in the standard package offered by 3M. I cant give a precise answer for how many sheets of 3x3 feet sheets are needed. But if I can guess you won't need more than 5.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2013 at 17:09. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 23:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am looking for something similar for my Cedia - the objective is simply to protect the carpet which gets stained when I have guests behind.
For me the driver side mat is the cleanest, since I take extra precautions, but I cannot control everyone else in the car.

Now, some questions:
1. Is this just cut and put on top of the carpet or does it need to be glued or stuck somehow to the carpet below?
Edit: In the picture in previous post, there is a small gap on the gear-box side of the picture. Is that normal?

2. Do the seats need to be removed for installing the carpets? How does one measure the underseat parts for proper cutting without removal of the front seats?

Yes sir,its cut according to the measurements taken with the help of an inch-tape.There is no sticking or hooks involved.It just rests there over the carpet.The best part is that it does'nt move.The gap in the gear-box side is because last night the car got back from leather-upholstery work on the seats and the workers there havent put the mats back properly.Rest assured,the mats fit pretty snugly.
Nope,you do not have to remove your seats.The seats are slid forward and the required measurements are taken with the help of a tape.
As for your last question,i'm guessing 4-5 sheets should do the job,but then again u can call 3M and confirm before u go ahead.

Cheers
Dr.Nishath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 14:28   #54
BHPian

I have seen these mats at the 3M car care centre in HSR. But the main drawback was the cost. It was just too expensive. Agreed, Kagu mats cost more, but they do bring in a touch of class to the interiors.

I was looking for a set of mats for my 10 year old Corsa sail. I happened to see these noodle type mats(forgot the brand though) which looks exactly like the 3M nomad mats, in most of the tarpaulin shops in JC road. I thought I will give them a try. The roll cost around Rs.1200(Rs.55 per sft). And I cut the carpet myself and it is fitting well.

I feel that the 3M Nomad mats are highly overpriced. People who want to buy the 3M nomad mats can try this option for 1/4th of the cost. Looks exactly like the nomad mats and serves the purpose as well. Shall try to post a pic soon.

I have used rubber mats, fabric mats, Kagu mats, Star mats and now this one. Looks wise Kagu/Star wins hands down while practicality wise this one is the best.

Last edited by ganeshram : 29th August 2013 at 14:34.
ganeshram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 01:47   #55
BHPian

Can somebody please share the cost of these 3M Nomad Mats?
Old 14th October 2013, 02:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Can somebody please share the cost of these 3M Nomad Mats?
Gone are the days of 3m Nomad, Look here for a less expensive alternative
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...loor-mats.html
Captain Slow is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:36   #57

Got the 3m nomad mats done for my xuv today for 7202/-, at the store in Santhome. A bit steep price wise, but well worth it in terms of the fit and feel. Besides procured it in brown which is a perfect match to the central console and seat base.
Jerry macG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 12:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Gone are the days of 3m Nomad, Look here for a less expensive alternative
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...loor-mats.html
Are you certain that these local roadside mats and the ones sold by 3M are the same? I just ordered a single 3M Nomad mat on emahendra for 650 odd. Let's see how it turns out. I am not convinced that these roadside door mats are the same as 3M Nomad mats. I could be wrong but I would like to see both for myself.
Old 7th March 2014, 14:50   #59
BHPian

After having gone to 3M car care center in UB City, Bangalore to get these 3M Nomad mats fitted into my Ertiga, here are a few of my observations, apart from the positives & cosmetic negatives mentioned in the thread:
  • Since I bought these mats few weeks after the car came with default rubber mats, I've left the rubber mats as it is & have put the Nomad mats over the rubber mats. I did this so that while removing the Nomad mats, the dust doesnt spill over to the floor. Also, while giving the car for servicing I remove the Nomad mats & retain the rubber mats as it is. However, the fit tends to be far from great due to the additional mats underneath
  • While fitting the Nomad mats in my car, they did not put any velcro to fasten & secure the mats. In my Ertiga, this leads to quite a bit of slippage, especially in the area just below the middle seats, since these seats can be pulled back quite a bit, exposing the area where the foot rests.
Did anyone who had these Nomad mats fitted at 3M also get Velcro fittings? I've bought some Velcro strips & plan to glue them to the floor as well as the under surface of the mats to prevent slippage. Any tips or pictures on what sort of glue to use & whether this is recommended? Or whether I need to go back to 3M car care & demand for the Velcro (which didnt seem to be included in the package)?
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is the price per square feet of this mats? From the opening post i could only make out that the price is pro rate. But what is the cost of a unit ?
The current rate is around Rs 270/Sq Feet.

I got it done for my Swift (22 Sqft) and the total came to around Rs 6300/- (Inclu taxes).

For ppl in Bangalore, I would strongly recommend anyone planning to go for 3M Nomad mats to go to any 3M Car care store except the one in Marathahalli.

I had a very bad experience with Marathahalli Store....Not sure if this is the right place/thread to mention it.

- I got the 3M Nomad mats at Marathahalli store on 30/Apr/2014 and they did the job pretty well and was done within 20 mins.
- I was in a hurry as I visited that place with my 2 yrs old son who was getting very impatient, so I just paid the bill (didn't even ask how much) and came back home.
- At home when I searched online I got to know for a Swift the cost should be around 4500 (Max).
- Then I looked at the bill and I was shocked. The numbers itself do not match. Even my two year old can to better math then them. I know its my fault by not looking at the bill during the payment but my Son was crying and I just to leave that place. (Attached the bill).

Today (2/May) I called up 3M Car care at HSR and UB City and they confirmed the cost for Swift would be maximum 4500.

When I spoke to guy who was doing the billing he said, Rs 4500 is for Local 3M Nomad Mats and the one I have in my car is new one which is costly. But the pics which KarthikK has uploaded is the exact one I bought.

Then I spoke to Store manager (I think) and he said the cost of the mats has ben revised from January 2014.

I made him call the HSR and UB City Outlet in front me and they confirmed the cost is Rs 4500 only.

Then this Store manager made couple of more calls and then tells me that those stores (HSR/UB City) are still selling at old price and refused to do any refund.

When I asked for the correct bill, he responded back saying the Internet is down and will email me the bill soon (No confirm date).

So bottom line, if anyone is planning to go for 3M nomad mats rush to HSR or UB city and though I stay 5 mins from the Marathahalli branch, I will never ever visit that place :(
Attached Thumbnails
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-3m-matsswift.jpg  

1000bhp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks