Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 12:08   #76

Re: 3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Whats the craze for these mats. I mean they are expensive. From the pictures atleast they look really ordinary. I know they are custom fit but then wouldnt you get the same custom fit in a cheaper brand.
When something like this does come out into the market its china counter parts arent far behind.
Are they really worth those extra bucks.
I'v seen these mats in use and the demo from 3M- and this afternoon I'm getting them fitted on my car. The craze is more a result of function over form. These things keep all the muck, water and grime out of view and safely tucked inside the lower reaches of the mat without having them spill over to the floor. Once in a while, you empty the 'trash' and wash em and put them back. Sure they don't look anything special, but these are meant to be more useful than beautiful.
I don't know about he Chinese counterparts - they may look similar and would surely be much cheaper - though they are more likely to be less efficient at what they're supposed to do. Let us know here if you get them installed and your experience.
Old 29th August 2017, 17:52   #77
BHPian

Got these mats for my FIGO and hey they are good! Opted for the grey color as it does not show the dirt compared to the beige or black. It costed me 5k, initially I also thought it was expensive however after seeing the demo and the practicality of it, bought them.
Old 29th August 2017, 18:19   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp View Post
I'v seen these mats in use and the demo from 3M- and this afternoon I'm getting them fitted on my car. The craze is more a result of function over form. These things keep all the muck, water and grime out of view and safely tucked inside the lower reaches of the mat without having them spill over to the floor. Once in a while, you empty the 'trash' and wash em and put them back. Sure they don't look anything special, but these are meant to be more useful than beautiful.
I don't know about he Chinese counterparts - they may look similar and would surely be much cheaper - though they are more likely to be less efficient at what they're supposed to do. Let us know here if you get them installed and your experience.
I had got these mats from Dadar market for ~Rs 500 in 2011 for my Swift. Tho Unbranded but they are still there in the car. I had cut it myself. Also kept a slight more area so that I can turn it upwards. Due to this, any liquid if fallen stays on the mat and does not spoil the carpet.

After putting in the car, there was still some spare left which I used at home.

I wash it once in 6 months or when required. They do a brilliant job of trapping all dust and particles stuck on the footwear. The original car mats looks as if completely unused.

The 3M mats may be of better quality, haven't seen them yet. But I would any time vouch for the ones I am using. 6 years and still in a very good condition. Value for money for sure.
Old 10th October 2017, 10:03   #79
Oxy
BHPian

I got a quote of Rs.6540 (excluding the boot) for these for my Baleno, which I think is extremely expensive.

Is it really worth this price?

Last edited by Oxy : 10th October 2017 at 10:05.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 10:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I paid approx Rs. 5000 for these 1.5 years ago. Rate was around Rs. 225 per sq. ft. + taxes and I needed around 21 sq ft including wastage. Didn't get the boot mat. Main reason for choosing this over others was ease of cleaning (since I'll end up doing that) and if anything spills - all stays trapped inside the noodles of the mat. especially useful in monsoons when there is too much mud/water. Most people don't dust their shoes while sitting, especially if its raining (me included), and the other mats just get messy. And this may just be what I felt, but these mats do reduce some noise creeping into the cabin from below.

So far after 31k kms and 1.5 years, they are serving me well, just a small tip, when installing and making cuts, make sure there is no cut which could later on tear and increase the cut. Due to the weird shape of foot well in the Punto, I asked them to make a cut so the mat stays in shape, but that has now slightly increased. I will have to wait and watch. Worst case, I'll just change the driver side mat.

Despite what many others said, the mats don't wear out fast. A thorough wash once every 3-4 months is more than enough to keep them clean and in shape.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 14:48   #81
BHPian

Got the 3m nomad mats to replace the really bad looking mats supplied with my Hexa. The nomad mats were a bit on the steep side Rs 11104/- (including tax Rs 1693/-) for the three rows excluding the boot. The floor area calculated was 37 sqft for the Hexa.

I got the mats done at the 3M Car Care in Santacruz, Mumbai.

The boy (technician) that actually cut the mat did a fantastic job, I left him alone https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/LOL.gif after the initial instructions about how I wanted max coverage of the carpet.

I'm happy with the fit and function of the mats.

See pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-driver-side-looking-fwd.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-driver-side-looking-aft.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-middle-row.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-third-row-looking-fwd-middle-row-seats-up.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-third-row-looking-aft.jpg  

Relax&Cruise is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 20:55   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I got a quote of Rs.6540 (excluding the boot) for these for my Baleno, which I think is extremely expensive.

I don't think so.

I got these for my ecosport for 5400. I was excited with the new car, read good reviews here and went for them. Didn't explore cheaper options. Just visited a local car shop, and he has the same looking mats for ₹ 60/sqft, which means just ₹1200 for ecosport.

He also had readymade noodle mats with sealed contours. He said that they are better than the plain noodle ones, as the contours prevent water from flowing out.
Old 4th July 2019, 00:52   #83
BHPian

I got them installed in my WRV. And this is what happened 6 months and 15,000 KM later on the drivers side. They are better than OEM mats, but with such a short lifespan, are they worth the price?
Attached Thumbnails
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-3m.jpg  

Old 9th October 2020, 14:05   #84
BHPian

I had bought a full set of Nomad mats from 3M Anna Nagar Chennai for my 3rd Gen Honda City back in 2015.

Fast forward to 2020 and they are lying in my trunk. This is why:

1. They would simply never stay in place. I tried fixing them with small nails but that would only work until the next interior cleaning session.

2. They are a pain to clean out, even with a good handheld vacuum like Dyson V8. Sure they suck up a lot of dirt and muck, but I faced a hard time getting it out.

3. The deal breaker was when the infamous ankle crater appeared. Coupled with the mat slipping around and bunching up under the pedals, it became a genuine hazard to have them around any longer.

Now that I'm looking to order new mats for my soon to be delivered Creta, I think I'm going to try the 3D Maxspider Kagus.
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 13:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
But the catch is when Kagu mats are taken out to dust, invariably some bit of the mud, sand or whatever is left will spill on to the carpet.
Old post, but very useful one! This is exactly my experience too.

All my previous cars and other cars from family members always had 3M noodle mat. For new car wanted to try something different and obviously I chose Kagu 3D mat due to positive feedback from everywhere(especially in TBHP). It's been just a week or so, since I got the 3D mat, already repenting my decision . This is not at all practical and considering the rainy weather, I am already thinking about changing to 3M.
Old 8th June 2023, 11:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Are there any recent feedback/updates on this and the cost if any for Bangalore location? Any preferred places where to get this done at?
Old 8th June 2023, 13:24   #87
BHPian

I bought them online on Amazon way back in 2016 and are still going strong. A little worn off on the driver side, however, its still very much in usable condition. Link - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0164DJP9S
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:33   #88
BHPian

How are these Capdell 7D mats on Amazon in 5k for XL6 (Capdell 7D Car Floor Mats for Maruti Suzuki XL6 || Luxury Leather Double Car Floor Mat Complete Set || 100% Waterproof and Washable || Color : Beige https://amzn.eu/d/9TQ2E27)? Are they similar to 3M nomad mats? These ones can actually cover every bit in all 3 rows of XL6.

What is current per sq ft cost of 3M nomad in Delhi?

Currently I have Maruti's 3D mats bought in ~3k along with car purchase (https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...l6/75901m51ub0) but problem is dust and water all around if you take wet shoes inside, so looking something which can absorb water/dust

Last edited by India2022 : 2nd January 2024 at 12:35. Reason: Edit

Most Viewed