Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 10:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic with RaceDynamics, 17" Rims, Michelin PS3 etc.

Nice one Rush'ji. The civic was already a looker to begin with and now i must say she looks more elegant than stock. Nice taste. I would like to see her after a nice detailing session(i am a sucker for shiny cars ). One thing i would like to agree on with you would be the no-selling of cars unless really necessary policy. Not only are you doing your part for the environment but also, you are making a lot of financial sense by not selling it. Would like to see her fully decked with a nice spoiler(not the extreme coat hanger ones like in the W&W mods thread). Also down the line, you could try going the turbo way for your civic. Bhuvan Prasad, a fellow bhpian, has done the same to his ride and you can see this wide grin plastered to his face everytime he mentions about the car. All the best GTO'ji.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 12:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

I never like loud and flashy stuff and your Civic has the perfect combination of understated design and the right amount of performance that, well, the Civic pretty much deserves!

I think I'll keep your Civic as a benchmark while modifying my Jazz sometime later down the road.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 15:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Are the performance related mods (K&N plus the piggyback ECU) doable for an A/T civic as well?
Old 15th May 2013, 17:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Are the performance related mods (K&N plus the piggyback ECU) doable for an A/T civic as well?
Yes they should be since they do not translate to huge boosts in figures If you were to add forced induction or anything else that amounted to a major increase in horsepower and torque, then you wouldn't be able do that with the AT as the CVT transmission simply wouldn't be able to handle the figures at crank.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th May 2013 at 18:01.
Old 15th May 2013, 19:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Yes they should be since they do not translate to huge boosts in figures If you were to add forced induction or anything else that amounted to a major increase in horsepower and torque, then you wouldn't be able do that with the AT as the CVT transmission simply wouldn't be able to handle the figures at crank.
The auto civic doesn't have a cvt transmission. It's a normal torque converter.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 19:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

The auto civic doesn't have a cvt transmission. It's a normal torque converter.
Thanks! I had no clue. I thought only the Brio and City come with a torque converter unit. Is it the same even in the Accord and is this the case abroad too? Torque Converters are pretty dated tech I just assumed that the Civic came with a CVT. My bad! :P
Old 15th May 2013, 21:20   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks! I had no clue. I thought only the Brio and City come with a torque converter unit. Is it the same even in the Accord and is this the case abroad too? Torque Converters are pretty dated tech I just assumed that the Civic came with a CVT. My bad! :P
Only the dolphin shaped City had a cvt. the rest use torque converters, and no it's not really old tech but just different.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 21:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow finally you got rid of those Goodyear NCT's. I always wondered with all those performance mods on your car how come you still stuck with those tyres considering they are OE.Most bhpians after getting a car would go and get rid of stock tyres asap.

How many km's did those last anyways? I am asking because you had the doughnuts installed on the rear springs.Did they eat into the tyres or not ? The michelin's look great but has the overall ride height increased/decreased/unchanged ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 13:21   #39
BHPian

Hey,

So you finally went with a piggyback and not forced induction.
For around 20k it is great value, and I can imagine the low end becoming better part, since the same happened to my Civic after the turbo too, with the Haltech ECU (talking about sub 2k RPM response here).

Loved the rims, how is the ride on the 17's? I was so tempted but settled for 16" PS3's as Indian roads and sudden bumps/speedbreakers are oh so common.

The first performance mod that I would recommend any Civic owner is a good FFE. You can then follow that up with a piggyback and lastly the K&N. I had the typhoon and really did not see that much of a difference.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 17:04   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Looking at the pictures, i say Ahhhh, I should have bought a white one .

White definitely looks much-much better on Civic and the contrast with the Black made is even better.
Thanks! If you look up my purchase thread, you'll see how I was keen on a white Civic only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
What are the new bhp and torque figures after the piggyback addition?
Will get a dyno on the new box and update.

Quote:
Do the 225 section tyres foul around with the stock suspension?
Not yet, they haven't. I've had 5 onboard, but not with luggage.

Quote:
The civic being a non TC car how much do you think the power gain would be with your new map? A remap on a fiesta 1.6s from a well known tuner increased the power by around 6 bhp i think (in my friends fiesta).
I would say the bump up is in the same region.

Quote:
So my question is, is INR 22k really worth it for a few bhp increase(7bhp in your case)?
It's pricey, yes, especially since a 20K powerbox on a diesel does so much more.

But then, what are the options for n/a petrols?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Hey GTO... Awesome design & same pinch
I'd actually seen your car when googling for Hijoin H125s. Nice looking ride you have there! My Esteem also wore 5-spokes. Here's the best pic I could find:

Honda Civic with RaceDynamics, 17" Rims, Michelin PS3 etc.-rush-esteem.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
One thing i would like to agree on with you would be the no-selling of cars unless really necessary policy. Not only are you doing your part for the environment but also, you are making a lot of financial sense by not selling it.
Said it like it is . Buy a nice car and use it well.

Quote:
I thought only the Brio and City come with a torque converter unit.
All the ATs that Honda uses in India have a lot more in common than meets the eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Wow finally you got rid of those Goodyear NCT's. I always wondered with all those performance mods on your car how come you still stuck with those tyres considering they are OE.
Very honestly, I also enjoy chuckable cars that slide and require driver input / correction. It's a different kind of pleasure. The City Vtec on the OEM Bridgestone rubbish was just amazing to drive through twisties.

Quote:
I am asking because you had the doughnuts installed on the rear springs.Did they eat into the tyres or not ?
They hadn't become bald yet. Nope, no uneven wear at the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
So you finally went with a piggyback and not forced induction.
Never say never. Prolly get a turbo sometime...

Quote:
Loved the rims, how is the ride on the 17's?
=

Quote:
The ride quality is obviously firmer. My driving is primarily in the West & South side of Mumbai, between Juhu <-> Nariman Point, on the main artery. The roads here are reasonably well-maintained and there's no badly broken patches or potholes to contend with. Of course, if I frequently drove on ill-kept / rural roads, I'd have never opted for 17's. Important to note that the tyre sidewall height is greater than my Vtec's 205/45 R16 rubber that I never had much trouble living with. During family drives & dinners, my folks and siblings haven't felt the slip in ride. That said, if you hit a bump at speed, it can get truly bone-jarring and you do feel more of the road's ripples. On a less than perfect patch, you are always aware of the road conditions. Requires caution too, a sharp hit at 100+ kph could damage the tyre and / or wheel. Keep your daily driving conditions in consideration before opting for low profile rubber.

Last edited by GTO : 16th May 2013 at 17:05.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 17:36   #41
BHPian

You have good taste. Nothing too flashy and at the same time nothing too subtle either. An awesome looking Civic. I have booked a pre-owned A/T in moonbeam silver colour and expect delivery tomorrow. Mine will never look as sporty and mod eager as yours.

The cool black wheels now really need some hot looking brake calipers. I think you should get the calipers painted in red. The red caliper covers from ebay (says 'brembo') will look sweeter but I am not sure about the safety aspect of it.
Derezzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 17:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
The cool black wheels now really need some hot looking brake calipers. I think you should get the calipers painted in red. The red caliper covers from ebay (says 'brembo') will look sweeter but I am not sure about the safety aspect of it.
You were just on about not being too flashy? :P Red Brake calipers? Too much! It completely depends on the colour, car and type of modifications on it. Ones that say "brembo" when they're not? It's too poser-ish. If painting the calipers is an option, a dusty gold, shiny battleship grey or dull maroon should suit this Civic well.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 23:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Its been really long since I have spotted your Civic in town and had it not been for this thread I would probably not recognize it any more.

The alloy wheel design is simply awesome. I've always loved the designs you've picked for your wheels as even your City wore a really hot set and now this. As a personal preference though, I would have chosen a gun metal grey or even a gloss black with a white/ chrome lip over the all matte black paint job.

However, quite contrary to every one here I am not a fan of the Mugen grill as it is giving your front end a very mundane look along with that thinnish number plate of yours (not sure if you've got that changed yet). Please add some colour - either smoke your headlamps or just add a simple logo or something.

Also I must add that due to the shape of a Civic the top view of the car with a black roof looks a lot sexier than any other Indian sedan. You have just given me some inspiration to do a gloss black roof treatment on my humble hatch.

Last edited by S2!!! : 16th May 2013 at 23:53.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 02:27   #44
BHPian

Amazing job GTO sir, the Civic which already looks so good looks even better!! And man do I love your car's alloys, they look so good!! GTO sir, I have two questions for you. 1) If you install a t/c to your civics engine,will your engine's variable valve timing require some modification?? 2)With a turbo, will the engine remain revv happy??
DrPriyankT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 02:39   #45
BHPian

i think a minimal spoiler like this would look neat.
in white ofcourse and I don't think it'd rattle too much if fitted properly.

Source: http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/garaj/h...ybrid-16892885
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic with RaceDynamics, 17" Rims, Michelin PS3 etc.-hondacivicspoilerhybrid__16892885_0.jpg  

Sprucegoose is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks