Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 10:43   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Civic with RaceDynamics, 17" Rims, Michelin PS3 etc.

Very nicely and tastefully modified Civic you have there GTO. A white Civic is one of the best looking sedans to ever grace Indian roads, and the fact that it is white makes it an open canvas for experimenting with any visual mods.

I personally love 5 spoke alloys, and yours suit the profile of the car very well. Completely agree on the problem of alloy wheel sets being sold in 4 numbers, more so when we get them painted to other colors. A stray incident of scratches or bent alloys leaves us with no (painted) spare to switch to.

Would you mind if I ask you how much moolah you spent on the 17" alloys? Just trying to gauge an idea for a similar purchase plan for a City .

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You were just on about not being too flashy? :P Red Brake calipers? Too much! It completely depends on the colour, car and type of modifications on it. Ones that say "brembo" when they're not? It's too poser-ish. If painting the calipers is an option, a dusty gold, shiny battleship grey or dull maroon should suit this Civic well.
I agree. Not all colors may carry off the red calipers look well. For a white Civic with black alloys, I'd personally go with gold calipers for the right balance of contrast, without going over-the-top.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th May 2013 at 10:48.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 11:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO - Your Civic story is a real complete and perfect story for a guys who owns a Civic and wants to mod it just enough to have fun with it as a daily and make it look hottt! Yet not mess with the supreme reliability and comfort that the car originally offers.

A very level headed and VFM approach, something that motivates a lot of us to take that same path. Constrains are many but i hope i can do the same with my Civic someday!

Congrats - Great Job !!!
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 12:32   #48
BHPian

Great finish on those wheels. One couldn't say it was an aftermarket job! Even I have a set I plan to refinish. Could you share with us how much it cost you per rim?
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 22:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Civic completes 6 years in 2013. While most people start considering selling a car of this vintage, I don't subscribe to that school of thought
Gurudev... I have few queries as am planning to buy a pre worshipped civic.
My OHC is now really causing inconvenience by showing some or other issue too often, so looking for a lateral upgrade.
My budget allowing me to go for 2007 to 08 model civic. It will be great if I manage to get a well kept octagonal shape tail lamp.
My concern primarily is the maintenance cost on a 5-6 years old civic and how long can I keep it afterwards (I keep my cars well cared). Are there any common hiccups?
How can I compare the face lifted model with pre facelift one? Anything to look for or a note of caution while buying?
Thanks!

Last edited by Honda Monk : 27th May 2013 at 22:50.
Old 30th May 2013, 06:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hot wheels on a hot car. After reading your experience so far with the remap, I think I might just follow suit at some stage, of course after FFE. Would be great if you can keep on updating us on the performance and reliability of the car with the remap over time.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 10:13   #51
BHPian

Hey that's a lovely car GTO!. One of my favorites. Looks as if its new!. White just looks awesome. I was really suprised to know its a 6 year old car!. Absolutely loved the way you have taken care of it. Its a beauty all I can say.
GreyAsta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 17:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

GTO ... how are the tyres performing ?

can you please write small but detailed review for the same .

thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 12:45   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
GTO ... how are the tyres performing ?
Chiragh, the tyres are performing flawlessly. Of course, I've only put in a couple of months of driving on them and will update this report over the longer-term with any + / - developments.

Here's my first impression of the PS3s:

Quote:
The PS3s have completely transformed her on-road behaviour (remember, I was running the lousy Goodyear OEMs before). Grip levels are simply amazing; there's always reserve traction available, and I've not lost her even once on a fast corner. Sometimes, I miss the (fun) sliding tendency of the older tyres though, especially on my favourite ghat sections. The low profile tyres lead to noticeably sharper turn-in. The Civic has decent highway manners in stock form. Riding on the 225s, she is now rather European in nature. Expressway stability is absolutely topnotch. The Civic's steering is the benchmark in its segment for weight, feel & feedback. It's gotten 10-15% firmer now, yet hasn't become so hard that it becomes a pain in the city. It's completely manageable in traffic too (a layman friend didn't even notice a difference).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 13:03   #54
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the much deserved review ,my volvo soon needs replacement and this looks to be the right choice .
Old 6th September 2013, 15:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

@GTO

That's one fabulously maintained car. How is it holding up?

I needed a bit of advice. My 6.5 year old civic is going for its 80k service. From what I've heard its a major service. is there anything specific that I should keep in mind/get checked?
P.S - I follow the annual service routine, one service per year.
Old 8th September 2013, 20:07   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
From what I've heard its a major service. is there anything specific that I should keep in mind/get checked?

P.S - I follow the annual service routine, one service per year.
In addition to what your service manual recommends, do check this thread out.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 10:42   #57
BHPian

Hey GTO,

Sorry to bump open an old thread but I have followed your idea and gotten myself a second hand Civic(2008 , 23,600 kms). I have given it to get personalized as the stock car didn't excite me :P .I need info on where I can source the front grill you have installed on your Civic (I intensely dislike chrome). That's the last part I need to get.

Thanks,
Balaji
Old 17th May 2014, 12:19   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffuser View Post
Hey GTO,

Sorry to bump open an old thread but I have followed your idea and gotten myself a second hand Civic(2008 , 23,600 kms). I have given it to get personalized as the stock car didn't excite me :P .I need info on where I can source the front grill you have installed on your Civic (I intensely dislike chrome). That's the last part I need to get.

Thanks,
Balaji
Hi Diffuser,

I got the mesh grille from Mkraft, Mumbai.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:52   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Personally, I would like to see the Civic make way for a real "hot" hatch. The Abarth Punto or if it sounds too tame for your tastes - the VW Polo GTI should fit the bill just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, my Civic is quicker than both of them!
I really missed this thread, but these words in the 530D thread and you have my full attention now. Civic has always been one of my dream cars, but I never expected a Civic with an RD box to have such high performance to be faster than a 145bhp Punto, or 187bhp GTI.

I never got to drive a Civic much. Had the luck to go passenger since my neighbour had one from the initial batch. One of the most beautiful cars to come to India ever!

Any mods apart from the RD box? Any plans of turbocharging?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd September 2015 at 16:00.
Old 4th September 2015, 07:25   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I really missed this thread, but these words in the 530D thread and you have my full attention now. Civic has always been one of my dream cars, but I never expected a Civic with an RD box to have such high performance to be faster than a 145bhp Punto, or 187bhp GTI.
What 187 BHP GTI? I'm comparing to the stock Polo GT!

Quote:
One of the most beautiful cars to come to India ever!
Still a great looker - a decade after introduction. Even the interiors have held up well (in design & quality).

Quote:
Any plans of turbocharging?
Was on the fence before, but not anymore (due to the 560 Nm torque that just entered the garage) .

Most Viewed