Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 23:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Have always loved the white Civic. With those 5 spoke 17 inchers it looks amazing like a few others are asking, where's the spoiler? What about lighting? No modded Civic is completed without flash head and tail-lamps eh?
Oh and I find the whole set of 4 alloys and tyres concept extremely impractical and odd too :P
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 08:04   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic with RaceDynamics, 17" Rims, Michelin PS3 etc.

Great job GTO.
Civic is such a looker even in stock form, yours is even better. I guess you can do with a small boot lip spoiler, please do not put a cloth hanger on this beauty
allajunaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 08:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
where's the spoiler? What about lighting? No modded Civic is completed without flash head and tail-lamps eh?
Oh and I find the whole set of 4 alloys and tyres concept extremely impractical and odd too :P
Those would make it look like any other modded Civic out on the street. This looks like the Deal. The perfect sleeper Car with subtle & effective mods.

Rush - My fascination for a 5 spoke has reached a new high seeing your fabulous alloy wheel/s. I somehow don't like the red/white/silver lips, so to me this appears complete

I believe this would be a hoot to drive & am sure you have fallen head over heels in love with your Civic again. Wishing miles of happiness

EDIT : Could you be more generous with photos, please? There isn't a proper pic depicting the angles & lines. Maybe take Rudra Sir for a spin

Last edited by Sheel : 14th May 2013 at 08:33.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 08:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
An awesome rear spoiler is very much missed on your car and the rear just looks incomplete without it. IMHO, this should be your next immediate mod and will finish off the overall exterior looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
How about nice rear spoiler? Would look really cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
How about installing a spoiler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
where's the spoiler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
I guess you can do with a small boot lip spoiler, please do not put a cloth hanger on this beauty
As a Civic owner with Honda OEM rear Spoiler, agree with you all. BUT, please keep in mind that GTO has quite a lot of dhincek dhinkcek in this car. And trust me when I say this, even a little amount of bass from music system will keep the spoiler vibrating!

I am facing this issue in my car, and it is a real pain. I have put the 3M double tape under the joint of spoiler and the trunk, have damped the integrated brake light with the spoiler and it still vibrates. All this given the fact that I am not into SPL anyway.

My suggestion to Rush: Don't put a spoiler. The car looks swell as it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Those would make it look like any other modded Civic out on the street. This looks like the Deal. The perfect sleeper Car with subtle & effective mods.
Completely Agree.
Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 09:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Those would make it look like any other modded Civic out on the street. This looks like the Deal. The perfect sleeper Car with subtle & effective mods
I don't believe sleepers exist in India since these are usually the cars one sees whizzing around. Plus I guess the whole white car with huge black rims discarded any sleeper intentions it might have had. That's the thing about the civic you have so many aftermarket parts out there that no two cars ever look the same now and then me and my friends sneak out at night and when we're bored of clubs, we rush to the airport where there is a go-karting track to get our fix, 15 Laps down once we're done arguing about who won, my night ends only when we reach the parking lot to find a modded civic next to our car. Every teenager enjoys seeing these cars though there are plenty of them, they never get old and their presence is always appreciated.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th May 2013 at 12:38. Reason: Only two smileys allowed per post.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 09:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow, your Civic looks great with the matte black roof and the 17" black alloys and ps3: -)
The wheel well fills up nicely and great that you went for 5 alloys. The 5spoke design is good .

When do we get a dyno run on the rd piggyback ECU ?

Its true that NA cars have limited upside potential but rd Ecu seems to have fixed the Achilles heel 0f the civic engine.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 11:22   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
One question though, with the FFE, taking out CatCon and now RD box, would you say that you have cured the Achilles heel of this gen of Civic (and Hondas in general), the oh-so-annoying low end grunt.
I would say completely cured.

Quote:
How about nice rear spoiler? Would look really cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The rear looks a bit missed out to me. How about installing a spoiler?
Still sitting on the fence WRT a body kit & spoiler. Maybe, at the same time that I decide on a turbo

With all of these basic mods over the years, the car is still 100% reliable. Loss of reliability is my single concern with a turbo install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
On the Konis are you getting the Yellow dampers or FSDs ?? If you are going in for the Yellow's I would advise to stay away infact I would recommend you get something like the Tein SuperStreet coilover.
Thanks! If Koni, then thinking of FSDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
The Enkei 5 spoke wheels are straight out of NFS. I used to love the design there and all the cars in my garage in NFS had the same alloys and that too in the same black finish

Quote:
Could you share the costs please.
Tyres were 12Kish each
Wheels were in the low thirties
Mugen was 4k + painting charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
What next? Any plans for Xenons ?
I'll keep enhancing her from time to time. The beauty of the Civic is the splendid after-market support she has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Ah, so that was you driving through Vasant Vihar in Thane a couple of days back!
That would be Parrys with the car.

Quote:
Thanks for the RD link, looking for a similar upgrade on the Corolla in a couple of months.
Doubt you need an RD for the Corolla; it has such good driveability in stock form itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Superb mods GTO. Loved your style of owning/maintaining/modding a car. Its indeed very thoughtful and I have become a fan of it.
Thank you.

Quote:
tail-lamps
Personally, I love the pre-facelift Civics (i.e. mine) rear lamps. Like the stock style too much to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
And trust me when I say this, even a little amount of bass from music system will keep the spoiler vibrating!
Useful advice, appreciated.

Quote:
That's the thing about the civic you have so many aftermarket parts out there that no two cars ever look the same
True. BTW, this statement is especially applicable to 4x4 Jeeps in India. Indeed, no two are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
When do we get a dyno run on the rd piggyback ECU ?
Hopefully soon on the updated RD. We had a dyno on the older RD piggyback (IIRC, 7 BHP average gain from multiple runs).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 11:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Still sitting on the fence WRT a body kit & spoiler. Maybe, at the same time that I decide on a turbo

I don't think the Civic needs a body kit, a simple spoiler would improve the looks to a great extent, while still maintaining the (relatively) sleeper look. Also, I would think a turbo would affect reliability adversely as you mentioned.
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 12:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the Civic needs a body kit, a simple spoiler would improve the looks to a great extent, while still maintaining the (relatively) sleeper look. Also, I would think a turbo would affect reliability adversely as you mentioned.
+1 to that. A body kit would engulf the look and feel of your 17 inchers and it will loose the sleek side profile which enhances presence and looks of the beautiful wheels. Even I would suggest to go for just a spoiler which can maintain the sleek looks.

Just my thought.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 16:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We had a dyno on the older RD piggyback (IIRC, 7 BHP average gain from multiple runs).
Great. So, you'll have two dyno graphs for the older and newer RD piggyback ECU - Looks like 7-10bhp for a NA engine in terms of improvement with a piggyback ECU
Old 14th May 2013, 17:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pictures, i say Ahhhh, I should have bought a white one .

White definitely looks much-much better on Civic and the contrast with the Black made is even better.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 20:38   #27
Team-BHP Support

Aah so you finally put the thread up. It's looking really good man. I'm surprised the rd thingy gives even that much gain on an na engine. Keep it like this for a while, no point in getting a body kit, not for an everyday car in Mumbai.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 20:38   #28
BHPian

Hi GTO. Great work with the car. Looks good.

I have a few questions.

1. What are the new bhp and torque figures after the piggyback addition? Can you post a dyno graph if you have one?

2. Do the 225 section tyres foul around with the stock suspension?

From your other dyno threads i have understood that the best figure you got was 126.7 bhp at the wheels.

Usually a safe and reliable map in a turbo charged diesel bumps up power by around 15-20bhp.

The civic being a non TC car how much do you think the power gain would be with your new map? A remap on a fiesta 1.6s from a well known tuner increased the power by around 6 bhp i think (in my friends fiesta).

So my question is, is INR 22k really worth it for a few bhp increase(7bhp in your case)?

Note : Dyno graphs would help a lot. Or maybe you can tell us how much RD claims the increase in torque is. After all it is torque that makes a car easier to drive on a daily basis IMO

Last edited by Anandv267 : 14th May 2013 at 20:41.
Anandv267 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 20:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1083069

I'm a sucker for 5-spoke rims and the Enkei RP03 / Hijoin H125 were pure love at first sight. Completed the entire deal with Sai Mag Wheels via email and made a bank e-deposit. Including the time taken for the international shipment and the truck drop-off from Delhi to Mumbai, it took about 45 days for the 17" wheels to arrive at my place. Honestly, for these wheels in a set of 5, I'd have waited 6 months.
Hey GTO... Awesome design & same pinch :P

Here is my ride with the same rims, albeit in a smaller size.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...do=view&g=2298

Cheers!
Venom_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 08:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you and noted! Will be next on to-do list with the car.

Although I'd like my car to be faster, I am not really looking forward going Turbo way. Reason is as simple as you stated: I do not want to loose the best thing about this car: Reliability!

So for me, Remap seems like the only one way to go. Will get in touch with you for that once I am ready with Vitamin M as I recently blew a lot of cash on ICEing my Civic.

Another quick one: How do you get around with renewing your car's PUC certificate with no CatCon?
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed