Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2006, 10:45   #1
BHPian

Help with Zen

Hi,
I have been through a lot of threads on modification of Zen but havent been clear on a few things. Can someone please explain the following
1. Difference between standard replacement and conical k&N filter - advantages and disadvantages. at present i am running on stock carb zen engine and do plan to install a header and freeflow in the near future which is the recommended air filter
2. The use of strut brace. How does it work and help in handling.
3. Changing of the cam to the esteem cam - how will that improve th performace of the car. Can the cam be changed without any other changes in the car.
4. Can anyone help me with sourcing of a tacho meter.

Thanks
Old 24th May 2006, 11:28   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneet71
Hi,
I have been through a lot of threads on modification of Zen but havent been clear on a few things. Can someone please explain the following
1. Difference between standard replacement and conical k&N filter - advantages and disadvantages. at present i am running on stock carb zen engine and do plan to install a header and freeflow in the near future which is the recommended air filter
3. Changing of the cam to the esteem cam - how will that improve th performace of the car. Can the cam be changed without any other changes in the car.

Thanks
hey,i dont know much about carb cars.but atleast in mpfi..the standard replacement filter goes in the oe box in place of the original filter.....and the conical filter comes in place of the air box and is exposed.......the advantage of conical is better performance but takes in more dust.i think changing to an esteem cam will improve performance....u can get the tacho from most accessories shops...
Old 24th May 2006, 11:39   #3
BHPian

Hey Praneet, It wil probably be easier for you to get the tachometer in Mumbai, from a place like opera house. I couldn't find any when I searched in Pune, even the shops that did have them didn't have too much variety. if you travel to Mumbai or know someone who does frequently, I would suggest you get it from Mumbai. This is information from over a year ago, maybe now you will find something good in Pune. Best of luck with your search.
Old 24th May 2006, 14:05   #4
BHPian

Thanks diven b and swale84.
Old 25th May 2006, 05:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
First check this out buddy
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=view&g=191

And now as for ur queries..
1) the conical filter offers more surface area hence the engine breathes better .. gives better performance

For accompanying a free flow a conical is better.

2) Strut brace is placed on the suspension towers on both ends and it helps maintain the suspension geometry during cornering(which changes due to body flex), thus giving better handling

3) Not sure about performance.. and the fit either.. it depends on the size of the new head vs the old head

4) Tacho would be around 5k. But donno where to look for it.
Old 26th May 2006, 00:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Hi I too have a zen MPFI , & have done the following changes.
1) Stock K&N, didnt go for the conical coz the guy said that stock is good enough & i am happy. Also got the free flow from automech buit retaining the original muffler didnt want the car to be noisy, but have found a great improvement in power.
2) strut brace costs 1200 at automech, really good on turns at high speed, i felt a difference when i drove to goa.
3) Cam part i dont know havent done it.
4) tachometer .got simple one from Pricol costs just 950 buck and is good, nothing fancy. try any acessory shop they should be able to source one for you.

Happy driving

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 26th May 2006 at 00:34.
Old 26th May 2006, 15:53   #7
BHPian

kaiser buddy thanks so much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks