Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2006, 08:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharu
thanks ms,

hmmm so stanley is worth it...wil check out their Boutique this sat...thanks for the info dude...
Sharu, I think you'll get a better deal if you go directly to the Stanley office is on Mission Road in Bangalore. Ask for Yeshwant or Girish.

IMO, Stanley is the best available in India and their after sales support is also very good. BTW, they are OEM providers for most Indian Companies.
Old 1st June 2006, 14:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Seats took a day. Door trims was a problem. Baleno and Honda Accord (they say) have the original material riveted to the frame, hence wanted help of Vitesse to remove and refix. However, Vitesse refused saying it will spoil the entire door. Hence a neat pasting job (over the existing) was done for the door trims only, which took another day. Overall, 2 days.

Same thing was conveyed to us also when we wanted to get our Baleno interiors done. This was in the year 2001. We were told that Baleno door mouldings were typical so to rework on that was not possible so we had to settle down with upgrading the seats only. Bhavi Motors in Mumbai took a days time to finish off the activity.

But now we have purchased skoda octavia rider and got the entire interiors reworked including the roof, steering wheel, door panel, dash board, etc. And Skoda doors also have similar door panel mouldings like Baleno... But maybe things are available now compared to 5 years back
Old 1st August 2006, 13:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But now we have purchased skoda octavia rider and got the entire interiors reworked including the roof, steering wheel, door panel, dash board, etc.
Hey Sumitdongerkery,
Can you post some pics of your car interiors, I would love to see how dashboard and roof looks like...
Old 1st August 2006, 13:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

Getting the dashboard of the Octavia covered in leather? I hope you realise that the Octavia has a passenger side airbag!
Old 14th August 2006, 23:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Getting the dashboard of the Octavia covered in leather? I hope you realise that the Octavia has a passenger side airbag!
Hi,

Can anyone please help me in clarifying the below points:

1. If covering the dashboard with leather affect airbag functionality? If so, is there a possibility to get the leather for dashboard without affecting airbags?

2. Does the leather on dash board give any reflection, which causes obstruction while driving?

3. I had art-leather seat cover for my Zen and I used to feel the heat of the seat during summers !! Does a good leather (Stanley) give any better feel? I guess with good leather upholestry, it will not be as hot as it is in art-leather. But, the fabric itself could be a best bet to avoid heat, isn't it?

Can anyone help me ?! I am planning to go for Stanley leather upholestry for my new car and I need to decide fast on this !!!!
Old 15th August 2006, 10:37   #21
BHPian

Leather for H2 corolla

Guys,

I just bought an H2 Corolla about a week back. Everything is fine but for seats - I did not get consensus in family on leather due to a) cost and b) sentiment. I now plan to remedy partly by art leather. Do you think it is advisable to use art leather on an H2 ? Does it fit well? Any pros/cons ?
The current seats are fine with me but they may not be as new looking for long with my son jumping on them, so need some kind of coers definitely.

subbarp
Old 15th August 2006, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
Guys,

I now plan to remedy partly by art leather. Do you think it is advisable to use art leather on an H2 ? Does it fit well? Any pros/cons ?

subbarp
I personally had a not-so-nice experience with art-leather. It gets bit too hot and if you are a sweaty types, it gets even more worse. That's the reason, am looking at real leather seats for my next car. Not sure, if it could give me more comfort compared to art-leather? Only advantage I can think of art-leather are - the cost + easy to maintain. Also gives good looks to the car.
Old 15th August 2006, 18:08   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian
I personally had a not-so-nice experience with art-leather. It gets bit too hot and if you are a sweaty types, it gets even more worse. That's the reason, am looking at real leather seats for my next car. Not sure, if it could give me more comfort compared to art-leather? Only advantage I can think of art-leather are - the cost + easy to maintain. Also gives good looks to the car.
Hi Guys,

Art leather is now available in much superior fabric which does not heat up as much as before. They are very good to use and easy to maintain as well. Real leather is for those who

a> Want the best.
b> Have the budget for it.
c> Do not want to compromise on comfort.

IMO the diff in both in terms of feel and look only does not justify the extra cost of leather. But then this is my opinion. Also for prmium cars it makes sense to go in for the real thing only as if you can afford a say 15-20lac+ car then dont crib on a few thosand. It slike buying a high end performance sports car and then cribbing about the FE.

Viper
Old 17th August 2006, 17:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Don't go for ART Leather, most of that available in India is not of very good quality and still heats up a lot and is not very skin friendly.

Go for leather - G-Sport offers Saddles brand which starts from as low as 16-17k (with art leather in non contact areas and genuine leather in contact areas).

Visually Art Leather and Genuine leather are very difficult to make out from each other from front but comfort wise there is a huge difference.
To check whether the leather is genuine or Art on your seat, press the leather, if wrincles form around it, it is genuine, if it remains smooth then it is art. (try to do this on a known sample to understand the difference first).

Best in comfort and feel is the Nappa italian leather, It would cost you between 35-45k depending on where you get it done from. But if you are on budget go for the cheapest Genuine leather option.
Old 17th August 2006, 17:49   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper

Art leather is now available in much superior fabric which does not heat up as much as before. They are very good to use and easy to maintain as well.

Viper
Could you be more specific about the kind you're referring to, and the cost as well?
Old 12th December 2006, 14:49   #26

Hi..
could someone tell me about where can one get the absolute best money can by buy for car interiors -- in Bangalore or Mumbai
jacobC
Old 17th December 2006, 19:57   #27
BHPian

Hi guys..Just got my indica seats and oor inserts changed with a mix of leather and composite leather. The seats look very good but there is to much of plastic showing on the dashboard and the doors. the guy fitting the seats said it is impossible to put leather or for that matter to cover up the plastic parts with any material. He said the only option maybe to paint whatever grey plastic parts i dont like.

I need some help if it would be possible to do anything with the dashboard and doors. Thanks guys
Old 19th December 2006, 10:25   #28
BHPian

the best place for leather seats would be stanley in bangalore, got my baleno done from there for rs.17000/-,jus seats[center perforated] and steering wheel,its been 1 year and no complaints.art leather is quiet hot 2 sit on if u have parked the car in the sun for a long time and of course doesnt give the feel and look of genuine leather. if u have the budget , pls go for genuine leather
Old 19th December 2006, 15:44   #29
BHPian

::Well-Come to Morfeus::
they also seem to be good. Anybody have more info on them??
Old 19th December 2006, 15:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
With a typo like that in the title of their website, I wouldn't expect much.

Most Viewed