Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 13:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne

Sorry for not updating the thread.

The Car got into an Accident during the month of October. We were coming from our native place with full family + Luggage. Doing around 80 kmph and was on the right most lane. Out of no where a Stray cow which was grazing on the median, suddenly jumped in front. I didnt even have 1/5th of a second to react. The car hit the cow bang in the middle and tossed it up. The Cow feel side first bang in the Bonnet, slid down, got up and walked away
At the same time, an i10 who was running too close for comfort rear ended the car !

All Passengers were buckled up and hence there was absolutely no injuries to anyone. Even the Windshield didn't crack. However the car suffered extensive Damage. The Front Bonnet, Intercooler, Fan, Induction plumbing, Quarter panel, Throttle Body, Grill, Bumper, Monte Carlo H/L all were damaged.
The Rear also suffered extensive damage, as the rear bumper, rear quarter panel, Boot, Inner Plate (for holding the spare tyre), Tail Lights were gone.
The Car did not have a 0 Dep Insurance and hence, i had to spend a good lot of money on getting it back.
Total Expense were: 1.87L and i paid around 56k out of it :(

Apart from this, the car was with Skoda for almost 1 month, since few parts like Throttle body and rear plate they wont have in stock.

Here were few pics from the Accident

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-20131117_171331.jpg

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-20131117_151512.jpg

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-20131117_151542.jpg

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-20131117_151538.jpg

The Monte Carlo Healights are still intact, however couple of mounting brackets broke. I am still trying to see a way to get that mended somehow. But so far no luck.
Old 11th March 2014, 14:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
The Car got into an Accident during the month of October.
Oh Gosh!! Very sad to see the state of the car. Did you not manage to get any compensation from the i10 guy who rear ended you? Or was the 56k figure after you got compensated?
Old 11th March 2014, 14:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Oh Gosh!! Very sad to see the state of the car. Did you not manage to get any compensation from the i10 guy who rear ended you? Or was the 56k figure after you got compensated?
Nope, by the time we got back from shock, the car was already gone !

Finally, got my car back by Nov End. She looked strange, with Stock HL / TL. I wanted to get back her to former glory, however my company decided to send me onsite and i was holed up in PRC till almost Jan end.

I came back and started to put things back. However the Projector HL remained an issue, since the mounting brackets were one full molded piece. Decided to stick with Stock Lamps for the time being.

Earlier i had upgraded the Tyres to 205/55/15 - Make was Nankang NS II. the Broader section offered slightly better grip and braking in dry, however the Wet performance was so pathetic that i wouldn't be surprised if any one calls it 'Suicidal'. Apart from this the already bad steering feedback became completely non-existent.

Last month, i visited Code 6 again. Talked to them about tweaking the map a bit, also wanted to push the power levels a little more. so we started working on the same.

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-nujenaby1.jpg
Mi10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 14:52   #64
BHPian

Hi Mi10 sorry to hear about your accident. Did your insurance company insist on a FIR?
Old 11th March 2014, 15:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Hi Mi10 sorry to hear about your accident. Did your insurance company insist on a FIR?
No they didn't. Infact the front Logo had some Cow hair smouldered on it, my guess was that it would have made them believe the incident without wanting an FIR
Old 11th March 2014, 15:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Met Code 6 around third week of Feb. The thing i really like about them is their comprehensive on road testing. Since i was really bugging them for little more power that is also more drivable for short runs in city, they too set the expectations right. 'More wants; prepare to spend more time'. The Mantra almost holds good for most things in anyone's life; Remapping isn't any different.
We spent 5 nights perfecting the map, burnt 1 full tank of Diesel testing, and finally showed up at RRP with a two maps which we found it really fast (yet safe) on roads.

The First map was little more brutal in impact, but at the same time, it was running dangerously close on EGT. It put out ~147 hp on Wheels along with 345 Nm of twisting force.

The Other Map was lower in output, however was reasonably more safe on EGT. It put out 143.5 HP / 351.3 Nm of Torque at Wheels. More than the Figure the Graph was an indication of how well spread the power was.

Attaching the Dyno chart

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-rapid_dyno.png

Will post my driving impressions in next post

Last edited by Mi10 : 11th March 2014 at 15:24.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 16:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Been driving the car for quite sometime now. As you can see in the Dyno, the peak torque comes in around ~2500 rpm and the peak HP around ~3450 rpm. From the various shift points tried, the best i found was between 3.7k to 4.2k . Even for a normal shift at that range, the car just rockets rockets forward. Quick Shifts result in excessive Wheel spins in second and a sometimes in third too.

Another superb thing about the map is, it makes decent power till almost 4.5k. the Graph shows a Dip after 3.8k, but if you notice, even at 4k, i am doing some 130 hp at the wheels in top gear, which makes the driveability of this car more like a Petrol (with regards to power across the revv range)

I did a Chennai Bangalore run back 2 weeks back. Like i said the in gear acceleration is just brutal. The Car is just so smooth at 130 / 5th gear. There is also no downshifting that required from 5th, unless u come down below 80 kmph. I got an indicated mileage of 17.2 kmpl which i feel is awesome, since there was heavy traffic till from Silk board to shoolagiri.

Shifting at just about 4k the car just darts forward like a wild horse. Such shifts gives you tremendous momentum in following gears and its really a scary thing to stop this car in case of emergency. My Rotors have already taken the brunt because of extended use of worn out brake pads !

I ve been running remap on this car (of varying tunes for last 7 months/0, however this is the first time, i am really feeling scared to push this car. One thing is additional power, this coupled with some not so great tires, gives an very jittery feeling when accelerating through corners. The trip had me touch a max of 140+ once. But for most parts was hovering between the 110-130 kmph range. Even inside of this range, The Pace at which it overtook few fast moving cars was just absolute savagery; and i am was not stomping on the pedal, but just gradual Linear acceleration all the way to 4k in each gear.

With such power, comes great responsibility as well. Thanks to Code 6 team, I have also slightly tweaked my driving style. It is important to understand that in the quest to enjoy more power, one doesnt end up breaking / damaging things.

For Fun, we also got all its Limiters removed;
Launch Limiter
Revv Limiter
Speed Limiter

In its present form, its simply an untamed, wild, wild horse.

Key Stats:
143.5 WHP
351.4 NM
PTWR of 119 WHP / Tonne
Estimated Brake Horse power - 166.5 BHP
Mi10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 23:35   #68
BHPian

Re: My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne

Quick question: Are the fabia monte carlo HL & FL direct plug & play or is there need for some slicing of wires?
Old 17th July 2014, 20:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, got my car back by Nov End. She looked strange, with Stock HL / TL. I wanted to get back her to former glory, however my company decided to send me onsite and i was holed up in PRC till almost Jan end.
Did they realize that a map existed ? Why did they have to rewrite the ecu, was it damaged in the impact ?

Was the ECU changed as well ?
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Been driving the car for quite sometime now. As you can see in the Dyno, the peak torque comes in around ~2500 rpm and the peak HP around ~3450 rpm. From the various shift points tried, the best i found was between 3.7k to 4.2k . Even for a normal shift at that range, the car just rockets rockets forward. Quick Shifts result in excessive Wheel spins in second and a sometimes in third too.

With such power, comes great responsibility as well. Thanks to Code 6 team, I have also slightly tweaked my driving style. It is important to understand that in the quest to enjoy more power, one doesnt end up breaking / damaging things.

For Fun, we also got all its Limiters removed;
Launch Limiter
Revv Limiter
Speed Limiter
Good to know of your experiences, and congratulations on a wonderful car

Now that you've been living with the car for a while, since the remap, does the car's seem able to deal with that additional power (dynamically, the suspension, the brakes) or has it become more of a raw muscle car now.

Also, any impact on reliability of parts, etc., that you've noticed after all this time? Any other experiences, updates, you'd like to share.

Thanks in advance for your time! Cheers,

Last edited by bosporus : 2nd May 2015 at 11:22.
Old 14th May 2015, 12:30   #71
BHPian

I think Rapid (also Vento?) uses MQ200 gearbox where as its max torque handling is 200Nm. The stock specs for both the cars is around 250Nm. So is it that it's already working on its more than the max handling?

By remapping, torque will be pushed further say up to 320Nm apprx. Does the remap will not have an impact on gearbox & also on esp driving shaft, clutch etc? Earlier I thought of going for a remap, but kept in abeyance, since my usage was very less. Now planning to go for a remap, but I'm bit afraid of its ill effects any, after post remap. I read & I know many here are using different remaps without any issues, still thought of getting clarified.
Old 14th May 2015, 14:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Now planning to go for a remap, but I'm bit afraid of its ill effects any, after post remap. I read & I know many here are using different remaps without any issues, still thought of getting clarified.

The Rapid/Vento comes with the DQ200 which has a limit of 250Nm of torque. So the gearbox is theoretically at its limit with the TDI engine. I suggest you don't go for a remap cause if something fails, it's going to be an expensive affair.
Folks with the Polo and Vento TSIs need not worry too much cause the torque produced by the 1.2 mill is well within the limit of the DQ200.
Old 14th May 2015, 15:37   #73
BHPian

Thanks for quick reply suraj. I think DQ200 is for AT.
Mine is 1.6L TDI MT (Jan 2013), so it's MQ200.
Yes, as you rightly said, gearbox is at its limits 250Nm. After remap definitely there should be lot of strain on it, since driving will become bit aggressive to enjoy the map. I was thinking whether to remap or not to.
Old 14th May 2015, 15:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Thanks for quick reply suraj. I think DQ200 is for AT.
Mine is 1.6L TDI MT (Jan 2013), so it's MQ200.
I believe it comes with the MQ250
Old 14th May 2015, 16:29   #75
BHPian

Sankar, it's MQ200 & not 250. I read somewhere, for 130PS earlier they used MQ350 gearboxes (not in India). Concern is, Gearboxes should withstand with the extra load on it post remap. Rapid stock specs are 250Nm, they could have used MQ250 atleast or may be MQ350. I'm not a tech expert, just trying to update myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks