Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 20:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Custom Waterproof Decals for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Er, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does WWTSD stand for?
WWTSD-What would The STIG Do?
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 20:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
WWTSD - What Would The Stig Do

It's a funny take on the famous abbreviation WWJD (What Would Jesus Do). WWJD was something people asked themselves during trying times. So WWTSD would be something petrol-heads would ask to somehow get guidance from the Top Gear test track god, The Stig ! (Ben Collins ?)
shoaib3030 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 08:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WWTSD stands for What Would The Stig Do

There you go, its there in the opening post.

Thanks Shoiab for the URL, the Stig stickers looks good on the car. Would it come in one colour or multiple colour. I would like to see some environment related stickers like "Go Green" or something similar.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:07   #19
BHPian

Explained in the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post

So I started wondering what I and the people driving behind would like/love to see on my rear-windshield. It had to be something funny. After hours of research and brain-storming I finally decided it had to be something related to The Stig (cause his muteness is always hilarious). I then immediately went on to Google Docs and started creating a prototype of the sticker. Messed around a little and finally came up with a design - The Stig's head/helmet with the abbreviation WWTSD to the right. WWTSD stands for What Would The Stig Do.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 10:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Thanks Shoaib for the URL, the Stig stickers looks good on the car. Would it come in one colour or multiple colour. I would like to see some environment related stickers like "Go Green" or something similar.
Happy to help out ! Yes, you can get the stickers in any color imaginable. You can basically just put anything you want in the template. Any design, color, etc. It just has to be within the template dimensions. If you're looking for stickers related to the environment you can feel free to design one or even copy one off the web. There are plenty to choose from when you search in Google Images. Once you've done with that, you can place your order and just wait for the stickers to arrive.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:29   #21
BHPian

I know the title of the thread includes the word "waterproof" and it is only natural to wonder if it is actually waterproof or not. Heck, even I was a little nervous before installing the sticker. (Will it start peeling due to the water ? Will it start fading ? All sorts of things running through my mind.)

I had taken my car out for a drive last evening and what do you know, it starts pouring heavily. I drove for around 15 mins in the rain till I reached my destination. It had stopped raining by then. I had only one thing on my mind - The Stiger ! (get it ? Stig + sticker ? Eh ? Nevermind.. )

I am happy to tell you that the decal works. The water din't affect the sticker at all and it wasn't even soggy to touch. You could tell the sticker would come a long, long way. So if you're wondering to yourself if the 'waterproof function' really works, then don't fret. It does and it does well.

I am not sure of the color fading. That I can tell only after a month or so I suppose. Will keep you posted.

This picture is to give you an idea about the size of the decal:

Custom Waterproof Decals for your Car-decal-whole-view.jpg

A close-up after the rain:

Custom Waterproof Decals for your Car-decal-rain.jpg
Old 11th July 2013, 17:47   #22
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Looks great!

I've done custom stickers for a friend too.

You could have used a blade to create the contour lines for a better finish but it would have to be done really carefully.

The one I had created had their cut lines in the design so no need to trim the sticker yourself. It was an expensive project and used a 3M vinyl but worth it.

I think you should check out how well the sticker puts up with the environment but given that its from a reputable company it might surely last long.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 19:08   #23
BHPian

Thanks SRK !

Yes, you are right. The job could have been done a tad better. If i'm going for another decal, i'll make sure to keep a blade handy.

Regarding your sticker, how expensive was it ? And could you throw some light on the process ? It would be a great input for this thread.

Yes, it would be great if it puts up well with the environment factors. Would be able to tell only after a few months.
Old 11th July 2013, 20:34   #24
BHPian

I have ordered a few stig stickers from Amazon. They are available in black and white colour options. They were priced under 2$ per sticker i think. Will post a few pics for you guys.
Old 11th July 2013, 21:19   #25
BHPian

Hello all , is there anyone in india who prints stickers according to the design we give? There are guys in my home town who make stickers by getting it downloaded in a computer and then getting it cut , but not the printed one's. please do share the details if anybody has got information regarding this.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Shoaib buddy, can you lend me this design. I will surely give you the credits.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Shoaib buddy, can you lend me this design. I will surely give you the credits.
Sure

Anyone who wants it, can download the attachment and make any necessary changes. (I'm guessing it may require cutting according to the template used in the website)

Custom Waterproof Decals for your Car-stig-sticker-1.png

If that does not work so well, try the following link :

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
shoaib3030 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 19:09   #28
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Thanks SRK !

Yes, you are right. The job could have been done a tad better. If i'm going for another decal, i'll make sure to keep a blade handy.

Regarding your sticker, how expensive was it ? And could you throw some light on the process ? It would be a great input for this thread.

Yes, it would be great if it puts up well with the environment factors. Would be able to tell only after a few months.
The whole project was executed by me a long time back, so don't remember the exact figures. I think it costed around Rs. 150-160 per sq.ft. Shipping was extra.

If some one wants any custom stuff made do let me know.
Old 14th July 2013, 10:14   #29
BHPian

My friends and I travelled to my friend's farmhouse two days ago. It's around 35 kms from my college. My car was subjected to a lot of dust and heat. Happy to say that the sticker stood out well against the brash environment factors.
Old 15th July 2013, 17:46   #30
BHPian

Going with the "all-black" theme of my car, I've designed another sticker that I would like to share with you guys. I haven't ordered it as yet but just like to see what you guys would think of it !

Custom Waterproof Decals for your Car-darth-vader-approves-decal.png
shoaib3030 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks