Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 16:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Anyone tried 'Drive Smart'? Converts Car AC to Auto Climate Control

The AC anti-freeze switch behid the dash board (the one that makes a tak tak sound when it switches the Compressor Off and on) in my 2004 Scorpio is not working.
I have ordered this directly from the company. I will route the 2 cables which go to the antifreeze compressor cutout swich through this device.
I will post a review here once this is installed.

Styler
Old 28th July 2014, 20:25   #17
BHPian

I have ordered the device today.
I was thinking of replacing the OEM fitted Anti-Freeze Thermostat switch with this.
Here is the picture of the OEM AC Antifreeze switch which is installed behind the dashboard.
This switch is like a thermostat and cuts off compressor when temp goes too low. It has a silver probe which goes into the Cooling coil compartment through a hole.
This switch has 2 male pins either side of the red screw. I was planning to remove the 2 female cables attached to these male pins and connect these to the green and yellow terminals of the device.
I spoke to the manufacturer Mr Arun of Krrishtech. He told me that the device is not capable of handling high currents. It should be installed before the AC Relay where the current is low. After the relay the current may be high .
I am not sure if this Original Antifreeze switch lies before the AC relay or after .
Will the current passing through this switch low enough for this device to handle ?
Anybody has any idea ?

Styler
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone tried 'Drive Smart'? Converts Car AC to Auto Climate Control-acswitch.jpg  

Last edited by Styler : 28th July 2014 at 20:28.
Old 11th August 2014, 16:42   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I have ordered the device today.
I was thinking of replacing the OEM fitted Anti-Freeze Thermostat switch with this.
Here is the picture of the OEM AC Antifreeze switch which is installed behind the dashboard.
This switch is like a thermostat and cuts off compressor when temp goes too low. It has a silver probe which goes into the Cooling coil compartment through a hole.
This switch has 2 male pins either side of the red screw. I was planning to remove the 2 female cables attached to these male pins and connect these to the green and yellow terminals of the device.
I spoke to the manufacturer Mr Arun of Krrishtech. He told me that the device is not capable of handling high currents. It should be installed before the AC Relay where the current is low. After the relay the current may be high .
I am not sure if this Original Antifreeze switch lies before the AC relay or after .
Will the current passing through this switch low enough for this device to handle ?
Anybody has any idea ?

Styler

Hi, Have you got installed the automatic climate controller for krrishtech, please give us your feedback, i am going to buy one unit for my lancer. Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks